Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePurpleCobra

Best concert you've ever seen!

In February this year I saw Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood play together at Madison Square Garden. I had never seen Clapton in concert before. Since he was the only lead guitarist, unlike his usual tours now from what I understand, Clapton was simply excellent. Rumors are the two guys might get together for a fall tour after separate summer commitments. I would go see them again and again.

Most Intense: Rage Against the Machine in their Battle of LA tour. In the pit, right in front of Tom Morello.

Best Vibe: Pearl Jam

Best Show: Rob Zombie, when he toured with Korn.

I've been to quite a few DMB show's and he is quite good live. But I'd have to say I was most impressed with Billy Joel a few years back. He was awesome, absolutely electric and for a guy he age he really was active and put on a great show.

On another note I saw Kanye West last night and he was pretty good. Very good showmen, he was going pretty hard during his songs. Weird to see someone get so emotional during a song (Hey Mama, the song he wrote long before the death of his mother).

I've been to quite a few DMB show's and he is quite good live.

I'm not the slightest DMB fan, but when I did sit through them live @ Woodstock '99, I was impressed. The bass player was amazing..

Saw The Who a few times but the best one was the Quadrophenia show at the Garden about 12 years ago. They played the whole Quadrophenia album with guests (Billy Idol was the "Bellboy") and then did a 5 or 6 song encore.

Other notables:

Floyd at Yankee Stadium

Springsteen in Jersey

Rush X 7

U2 at Yankee Stadium

Stones the first time; second and third were okay

Foo Fighters were really good

Black Crowes at the Bowery

Tom Petty was great

Steely Dan was great

so many more...

I think KISS does a great show! I've seen them a couple of times.

Musically, I was very impressed with YES on the Union tour.

I good show to see around the holidays is Trans Siberian Orch. Rock meets orchestra with a laser show.

My co worker just added his favorite picks: He saw Zepplin in 77 and nothing since has come close. Also Pink Floyd in 77, Animals tour.

Can't wait for Oxegen this year. Kings of Leon, Interpol, Rage Against the Machine, Editors, Raconteurs, Pogues, Aphex Twin, Cat Power, Manic Street Preachers, Echo and the Bunnymen, Feeder, The Charlatans, British Sea Power and more. Orsm.

Can't wait for Oxegen this year. Kings of Leon, Interpol, Rage Against the Machine, Editors, Raconteurs, Pogues, Aphex Twin, Cat Power, Manic Street Preachers, Echo and the Bunnymen, Feeder, The Charlatans, British Sea Power and more. Orsm.

My brother lost his job last year because he had tickets and they scheduled him to work.

But it should be a cracker. Wish I could get back for it.

I saw the pogues back in the day, then the popes when they broke up, and then the pogues again over here. They played DC right before paddys day the last 2 years (think they were in NYC for paddys day). Great shows all.

Saw Rage against the Machine in Belfast back in the day too.

Going to be a great lineup

I just got tickets to Projeckt Revolution with Linkin Park which Im really looking forward to. I've always liked them.

Despite the heat they get, absolutely. Who else is with them?

My brother lost his job last year because he had tickets and they scheduled him to work.

But it should be a cracker. Wish I could get back for it.

I saw the pogues back in the day, then the popes when they broke up, and then the pogues again over here. They played DC right before paddys day the last 2 years (think they were in NYC for paddys day). Great shows all.

Saw Rage against the Machine in Belfast back in the day too.

Going to be a great lineup

I almost did the same thing a couple years ago when my sister dragged us out to see Coachella. I've seen RATM a couple times but this will be the first time since the Battle of LA tour and I'm stoked. I haven't seen the Pogues in ages either and still remember my old man taking me to one of their shows as a kid.

For me its ...

- U2

- Korn

- Rob Zombie at Red Rocks. Hell anything at Red Rocks is awesome!

when/ where was the U2 concert?

WOW, Rush was soooo much better tlast night than any concert I have ever seen or even the last time i saw them. Just unbelievable, I was so close to the stage i could see the kick ass purple LED lights glowing on Alex Lifesons amp and when Niel Peart broke a drum stick.

hmm, let me think bout that, I really have trouble remebering but ill do my best.

-Limelight

-Digital Man

-Ghost of Chance

-Mission

-Freewill

-Main Monkey Buiseness

-Larger Bowl

-Red Barchetta

-The Trees

-Between the Wheels

-Dreamline

INTERMISSION

-Farcry

-Workin Them Angels

-Armor and Sword

-Spindrift

-The Way the Wind Blows

-Subdivisions

-Natural Science

-Witch Hunt

-Maligant Narcissim

DRUM SOLO

-Hope

-Spirit Of the Radio

-2112:Overture/Temples of Syrinx

-Tom Sawyer

ENCORE

-One Little Victory

-A Passage to Bangkok

-YYZ

Im still pretty pissed cuz i missed the first 3 songs (i flew in from Calgary) but im just happy i got to go at all. I got some decent pics with my phone but i dont know how to put them up. Overall AMAZING SHOW 10/10

That sounds awesome. Show must have been pretty long given the number of tunes they played. Did they play the entire 2112: Overture? Thats an entire album right there IIRC.

Well, they did play the whole 2112 song and Temple of Syrinx was kind of a tie on. They just kept playin into it. And the 2112 album actually has 6 songs on it and theyre all average length cept 2112, for example, the played 2112 at the end of the main show and then they did Passage to Bangkok in the encore and that was all they had from the actual 2112 album. 2112 is just one song but with like 2-3 songs built in...if you understand...