Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePurpleCobra

Best concert you've ever seen!

Saw Elton John last night and he was surprisingly less gay than I imagined he'd be on-stage. Granted I knew maybe three of his songs but he at least got a lot of attractive women in the crowd.

Well, they did play the whole 2112 song and Temple of Syrinx was kind of a tie on. They just kept playin into it. And the 2112 album actually has 6 songs on it and theyre all average length cept 2112, for example, the played 2112 at the end of the main show and then they did Passage to Bangkok in the encore and that was all they had from the actual 2112 album. 2112 is just one song but with like 2-3 songs built in...if you understand...

I gotcha. I'm lucky enough to have a buddy with that on vinyl, we spent an entire night just sitting there listening to it.

Goldfinger was the craziest. Lots of crazy PETA stuff going on in the back, but it was still cool, until the drummer stuck a twinkie up his butt, and pulled some gay guy out of the crowd and they both ate it. But good music...

I saw a Metallica show a few years back which was insane. Right before Jason left the band.

that would have been pretty sick to see but he left the band before i was born haha. rob is doing a decent job though.

I saw a Metallica show a few years back which was insane. Right before Jason left the band.

that would have been pretty sick to see but he left the band before i was born haha. rob is doing a decent job though.

Jason Newsted left Metallica in 2001. You can't be that young. :D

oh right but i was 11 then so i dont think that i was really listening to metallica left. so i guess i should say that i just missed it because of my age, but the last real metallica album was ...And Justice For All. and that was in '88 so that was before i was born haha.

Pink Floyd x2

Yes x3 (one show opened by Kansas) B)

Iron Maiden x6

Rush

Dream Theater x2

Metallica

Pantera/White Zombie on the same bill

Scorpions

Boston

Triumph

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Yngwie Malmsteen x3

Robert Plant

Jimmy Page

Emerson, Lake & Powell

I had hoped to see Dream Theater/Opeth this summer but it sold out before I could get tix

OMG SRV is my God, i wouldve killed to see him...unfortunatly he died before i was born so. how was it? Also heard ZZtop might be goin on tour, ill have to keep an eye on that.

Dave Matthews Band in 2005

or wayy back in like 99 or something I saw James Taylor in a hurricane...just the atmosphere was surreal.

Seen The Hip live about 17 times...some better than others...some of the shows at smaller venues were unforgettable, and i met Gord and the rest of the band when they played at Art Park last year.

Im going to see Liquid Tension Experiment tuesday night. I am so pumped, if anyone does not know who LTE is it is Dream Theater's John Petrucci, Jordan Rudess, and Mike Portnoy with Tony Levin on bass. All instrumentals very amazing music it should be a very fun concert.

Im going to see Liquid Tension Experiment tuesday night. I am so pumped, if anyone does not know who LTE is it is Dream Theater's John Petrucci, Jordan Rudess, and Mike Portnoy with Tony Levin on bass. All instrumentals very amazing music it should be a very fun concert.

LOVE LTE. Huge DT fan. Best concert for me was the Metropolis Pt 2 show.

Just saw DT with Opeth a few weeks ago. Nice show.

Sounds like an interesting show.

My old goalie just told me he has an extra ticket for Jimmy Buffet in Pittsburgh next month. With any luck, this should at least generate a few stories to tell.

Last night...Hartford...Pearl Jam...NUTS. The place was just madness from start to finish. The set list [posted below for anyone interested] was just awesome.

Set List: Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, God's Dice, All Night, Small Town, Sad, Brain Of J, Big Wave, In Hiding, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater-Kinney), Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall part 2 (Waters), Why Go, Jeremy, Gone, Immortality, Porch

Encore 1: Garden, Better Man, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Blood/Atomic Dog(Clinton, Shider, Spradley)

Encore 2: Smile, Do The Evolution, Alive, Fuckin' Up (Young), Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing (Hendrix)

Just got back from my 5 day weekend romp at Dauphins Countryfest. WOW! best weekend ive had in my life. Saw Alan jackson who was absolutely amazing and some other good ones this year were Emerson drive, Travis tritt, Keith Anderson, Lonestar, Aaron prichett. Amazing weekend for country music fans and the most unreal party ever, 15,000 people non stop drinkin for 5 days.

Last night...Hartford...Pearl Jam...NUTS. The place was just madness from start to finish. The set list [posted below for anyone interested] was just awesome.

Set List: Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, God's Dice, All Night, Small Town, Sad, Brain Of J, Big Wave, In Hiding, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater-Kinney), Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall part 2 (Waters), Why Go, Jeremy, Gone, Immortality, Porch

Encore 1: Garden, Better Man, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Blood/Atomic Dog(Clinton, Shider, Spradley)

Encore 2: Smile, Do The Evolution, Alive, Fuckin' Up (Young), Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing (Hendrix)

Still pissed I missed this show. I went to MSG I, and Mansfield I and II, but the best setlist of this tour looked like Hartford.

Still pissed I missed this show. I went to MSG I, and Mansfield I and II, but the best setlist of this tour looked like Hartford.

I'm not a huge PJ fan as that was my first show, but I went with some pretty hardcore fans, my buddy got to sit 2nd row at that show and my other friend i went with sat 1st row at MSG II and got his hands on some of eddie's wine but even he said that came close to beating the others he saw.

Seen The Hip live about 17 times...some better than others...some of the shows at smaller venues were unforgettable, and i met Gord and the rest of the band when they played at Art Park last year.

Just saw the Hip and Collective soul last weekend when they came for Canada Day weekend. First night was State of Shock, The Trews and Billy Talent, second night was Matt mays, Our lady Peace(AWESOME), and Hinder(not as bad as expected), then the last night was Collective soul and The Hip which was amazing. Not a bad weekend in all.

Just saw the Hip and Collective soul last weekend when they came for Canada Day weekend. First night was State of Shock, The Trews and Billy Talent, second night was Matt mays, Our lady Peace(AWESOME), and Hinder(not as bad as expected), then the last night was Collective soul and The Hip which was amazing. Not a bad weekend in all.

What about the other great Canadian bands???

Lets see.....

Rush?

I Mother Earth?

Triumph?

Oooh.....Helix??

LOL

Canadians can rock, no doot aboot it!