Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePurpleCobra

Best concert you've ever seen!

I'll second Coachella '06, almost went this year, but couldn't quite afford it. Today's the last day of it also, I believe. G3 2003 (or 2004, I can't recall) with Malmsteen. He was terrible, but it was my first time seeing Satriani. Good stuff. Warped '04: Pennywise, Descendents (one of my favorite bands), The Bouncing Souls, Piebald, Alkaline Trio, Bad Religion. 2007 wasn't bad, but Coheed wasn't what i hoped they would be, and New Found Glory should never close any show that has the Circle Jerks and Bad Religion on the same bill.

The only good Warped show I was at was before it got big, but not because of the "omg sellout" hatred. It had Pharcyde and Face to Face, topped off with Pharcyde getting a 12-year-old to come up and take a hit from what is still the biggest bong I've seen.

Seen too many to name, but will mention I'm seeing The Flaming Lips this summer at "Summercamp Fest". Pretty excited.

That's why I don't bother listing concerts because festivals are so much better. Well the ones not in the States because other than Coachella and sometimes Bonnaroo, they're pretty rank.

Exactly. I finally made it down to South By Southwest with my friends in Minsk. Tons of great bands. Tons of just dirty dirty people.

Crimson Thorn

Aletheian

Becoming the Archetype

Frost Like Ashes

Crimson Moonlight..all of these guys playing on night. Oh man was it awesome.

Back in my guitarer metaller days, my band played shows with Thorn; thus we knew the guys pretty well. I can honestly say it is the best show I have ever seen.

I've seen In Flames a few times. They tend to put on a good show.

Otherwise, Sevendust and Metallica back in 99' was a darn good performance too.

That's why I don't bother listing concerts because festivals are so much better. Well the ones not in the States because other than Coachella and sometimes Bonnaroo, they're pretty rank.

oh man i can't stand festivals! Way too many people and sets that are way too short. but i'm kind of anti-social anyway.

my best concerts.

Broken Social Scene - Fall 07 Chicago - The Metro - the Kevin Drew Spirit If tour. Also saw the full band at the Intonation festivle a couple years back.

Sloan - 2005 Chicago - Double Door. Small venue, great show

The (International) Noise Conspiracy - Chicago 06 Beat Kitchen

Man Or Astro Man - Any show of the 5 times I saw them. I loved them all.

The Delta 72 - Same as above. Every, 4 or 5, show I saw was great!

I saw Queens of the Stone Age in a club not too long ago...It was pretty damn good.

But my favorite would have to be Modest Mouse at the Masonic Temple in Detroit last year. Very good show.

queens of the stoneage - munich

foo fighters - munich

aerosmith - munich (mid 90´s)

green day - rock im park festival

rage against the machine - rock im park festival

slipknot - rock im park festival

die toten hosen - bizarre festival

prodigy - bizarre festival

weezer - bizarre festival

queens of the stoneage - bizarre festival

foo fighters - bizarre festival

system of a down - rock im park festival

sepultura - rock im park festival ´94

and a lot of other cool bands over the last 15 years, mostly on festivals.

Pink Floyd x2

Yes x3 (one show opened by Kansas) B)

Iron Maiden x6

Rush

Dream Theater x2

Metallica

Pantera/White Zombie on the same bill

Scorpions

Boston

Triumph

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Yngwie Malmsteen x3

Robert Plant

Jimmy Page

Emerson, Lake & Powell

I had hoped to see Dream Theater/Opeth this summer but it sold out before I could get tix

Finger Eleven and the Tragically Hip at the Sarnia Bayfest, it was 2003 I think

I didn't see Finger Eleven, but I went the same year, I think - The Watchmen opened for the Hip, and the show started like two hours late?

Yngwie Malmsteen x3

I saw malmsteen live during the fire and ice tour in Belfast. Good Show

I saw him open for Triumph, great guitarist, terrible songwriter.

Most of the big shows I've seen are Country, but I've seen some good ones:

Garth Brooks (Buffalo) in 1998

George Strait Stadium Tour (Buffalo) 2000

~with Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Martina McBride & Mark Chesnutt

Brooks & Dunn Neon Circus (twice)

Brooks & Dunn / Reba McEntire

Brooks & Dunn / Alan Jackson

Reba McEntire's solo show is pretty good too.

Watershed Festival In Walkerton (B&D, Barenaked Ladies Co-Headline)

Alan Jackson at Molson Amphitheatre

Brad Paisley (a couple times)

Toby Keith (I think he was part of the 1st B&D Circus Tour)

Dixie Chicks (3 times in an 18 month span)

~first was at a small club, 500-700 people

~later, same tour - Massey Hall 2,000 people

~Beginning of first Major Tour - ACC 21,000

Diamond Rio (smaller theatre show, but they are awesome live)

Keith Urban (with Gary Allan in Toronto)

Tim McGraw (a couple times...saw the first Soul2Soul tour with Faith Hill)

Alabama on their last tour.

Willie Nelson & the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

Most of you probably won't know him, but Tracy Byrd was great live. The show was a Sunday night...at a club out of town...so we left the club as the first encore started. He ended up playing til after midnight...and hung around after he played.

My GF and her sister go to Jamboree in the Hills every year. That's is apparantly a pretty crazy weekend.

Some good Non Country shows:

Tea Party at Lulu's

"Weird" Al Yankovic - I was amazed at how great his band was...got to meet him too...totally low key off stage.

Michael Buble - went for the GF...was surprised at how entertaining the show was. Buble's funny. He shot autographed tennis balls into the stands with a hockey stick *L*

Lots of other decent shows that escape me at the moment...I've got the tickets stubs from everything I've ever been to though.

Yngwie Malmsteen x3

I saw malmsteen live during the fire and ice tour in Belfast. Good Show

I saw him open for Triumph, great guitarist, terrible songwriter.

I would love to have seen Triumph. Rick Emmett was one of my heroes back in the day. I was never an Yngwie fan. I ended up with a few picks from one of his shows back in the day, though.

Finger Eleven and the Tragically Hip at the Sarnia Bayfest, it was 2003 I think

I didn't see Finger Eleven, but I went the same year, I think - The Watchmen opened for the Hip, and the show started like two hours late?

yeah, finger eleven was earlier in the day and it was raining if i remember correctly. it was the tour for in between evolution i think because i remember "heaven is a better place today" after the whole dan snyder tragedy. ive seen the hip 6 times live and this was probably the most memorable because it was in such a fun environment and i was kind of loaded.

The ones I remember:

Brand New (x4)

Dashboard Confessional

Thrice

Mewithoutyou

Manchester Orchestra

The Juliana Theory

Powerman 5000

Incubus

Our Lady Peace

Raine Maida (from OLP)

Staind

Brand new 4 times? lucky bastard...

RHCP in edmonton a couple years ago was an awesome concert, or velvet revolver

Brand New was absolutely unbelievable every time, too - better than I ever could have hoped (I was nervous before the first concert; nobody wants to be let-down by their favorite band). No two shows were the same. If you get the chance to see them, do whatever you have to do to get there.

The encore (basically an epic adaptation of "Untitled") they put together with Thrice and mewithoutyou was one of the coolest things I've ever seen at a performance. Jesse kinda snuck back on stage (which was pitch black) and started tooling around, real calm and quiet, on his guitar - and the place went nutty. As the lights started coming-up on him a bit, Vince and Garrett got on and started building off of what Jesse was playing. Brian got on and started playing drums while the members of Thrice and mewithout you got on stage and started jumping and stomping (in unison) for percussion. By the end, everyone and everything on stage (lights, instruments, etc.) was just going absolutely crazy. Then, all of a sudden, it was over and everyone in the crowd was just left with this overwhelming sort of shock - "Whoa, what just happened?"

- Brand New performing the piece by themselves (not the concert I was at). The first few minutes seem to be missing and this performance isn't nearly as long as the one that I saw (I swear it must have lasted ten minutes). The other members from the other bands aren't present in this clip and the emotion level isn't nearly as high as it was in the performance that I experienced (yes, it was "experienced"). The youtube clip isn't half as awesome as the show I was at. I still can't believe how ridiculously cool it all was.