Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigd19

Your favorite player of all time?

For me, I moved here from Ireland in 2000, so have only been into hockey since then, and living in the DC area followed the caps, I have to say Bondra for pure snipery (if thats a word), and I also love Konowalchuk.

And ovechkin and semin for the present/future

I can obviously appreciate the greats to play the game, but not having been a hockey fan when they played, they are not the reason I got into the game, so are not my favorites.

For football, its 1. Maradonna, 2. George Best

And I still hate roy keane

An Irishman saying he hates Roy Keane? What's next, Russia saying they hate Shevchenko?

Sheva is from Ukraine.

For me, I moved here from Ireland in 2000, so have only been into hockey since then, and living in the DC area followed the caps, I have to say Bondra for pure snipery (if thats a word), and I also love Konowalchuk.

And ovechkin and semin for the present/future

I can obviously appreciate the greats to play the game, but not having been a hockey fan when they played, they are not the reason I got into the game, so are not my favorites.

For football, its 1. Maradonna, 2. George Best

And I still hate roy keane

An Irishman saying he hates Roy Keane? What's next, Russia saying they hate Shevchenko?

Roy Keane is a pure cork knacker. He saw his ManUre friends on the england squads training facilities at the 2002 world cup, and when Ireland didn't have as good (bear in mind Ireland has only got a semi-pro league, england has one of the best funded FA's in the world) a facility, he called Mick McCarthy "nothing but an english wanker anyway" and walked out on his country, the day before the world cup.

Then when Jason MacAteer said he was wrong to walk out on the team, in the first game in the english season that year, he elbowed him in the mouth.

He should never have been allowed back on the Irish squad, and Celtic should never have signed him.

He also put club over country several times.

I am delighted he is retired,and only wish it was forced through injury like he has done to others.

He is a grade A prick

I had to read all the posts twice just to be sure that none of you picked Gretzky. It goes to show how young this board is. I, too, am a huge fan of Bobby Orr. He did change the game first. He was the first defenceman to lead the league in scoring, also the only defenceman to ever lead the league in scoring. Gretzky is right next to Orr, though, because he changed the game from the center's position, setting up behind the net and dishing out assists. In their prime, those two guys were unstoppable.

All time... the avatar says it all - Wayne Gretzky.

Current... Alexander Ovechkin

Honorable mention... Joe Thornton

Steve Yzerman is my all time favorite.

There are alot of new guys who are great to watch, but Yzerman is the player I always use as an example of what it means to be a hockey player

Ponty,

What about Tom Fergus and Barry Pederson?

Fergus had the best wrist shot I have ever seen. Hell I learned mine by watching he and Scotty Pearson on the show they use to run.

Pederson and Middleton were a great one / two punch but he doesnt make the top of my list.

All time: The rocket richard i wish i could have seen him play.

current: Bergeron, Ryder,spezza, i know this might be weird i like crosby and ovechkin

I had to read all the posts twice just to be sure that none of you picked Gretzky. It goes to show how young this board is.

I was lucky enough to see him play in person a few times, it was just one of those things I had to do. I couldn't imagine having had the chance to see him and having passed on it. Obviously he wasn't at the top of his form by that point in his career but you could still see flashes of the magic. I'm planning my games month by month this season because of my job. I'm trying to work in Ovechkin, Sundin, Kovalchuk and Phoenix in the middle of the winter.