Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigd19

Your favorite player of all time?

I have to go with Steve Yzerman. That guy played almost dead and was better than most guys on the ice. My close second was Brett Hull. I still am facinated by his shot. Plus, I got to meet him and he was a great guy.

Ray Bourque.

Not the best scoring defenseman. Not the best shutdown defenseman. The best all around defenseman.

Steve Yzerman. Went day in and day out playing like he was still 20 every game. One of the greatest captains of all time.

Clark Gillies or Wayne Cashman are my favs. that I've never really seen much of, as far as players as I've seen play either Sergei Fedorov or Gary Roberts

All-time: Messier. ESPN's east-coast bias combined with the 93-94 season is the reason why I started watching hockey.

Right now, I think Ovechkin is the best thing that could have happened to hockey for established fans of the game. Obviously his scoring ability is amazing, but the fact that he plays the game hard and keeps things interesting is more appealing to me than Crosby's media machine chugging away 24 hours a day. That being said, I think Crosby is a more talented player all-around and will probably have a better career, but Alex is more entertaining.

older---bure

now---ovy

im a full spped to the net player and these guys were the best at it in my opinion. love old bure youtube clips. and ovy....well he speaks for himself

bobby orr.... greatest player ever to lace the skates. or at least had the potential to be. when your scoring 130pts from the back end...

gretzky was a hack. the majority of his points came in the expansion era. when teams during the 70's-80's were watered down. and goaltending was terrrible. (other than fhur and parent.) all his goals came against teams like minnisota. once roy came into the leauge, and established the butterfly, gretz had two more BIG seasons and then was limited to about 75pts. a season. 50-60 of which were assisits. but then again..... it's easy when you have time and space because no one will hit you. lemuixe, howe all had to fight for every inch of ice.