Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

Just found out that Billy Talent is really good. I saw them with Rise Against and Rancid in NYC. I never heard them before but now i have all their CDs n just bought tickets to see them again.

Im sorry but I think Nickleback is absolute garbage, I dont see why so many people rave about them

It is safe, accessible, and bland radio metal for the masses. Nickleback are pretty smart though. They have a successful formula for mainstream radio rock that crosses over genres and gender, and continue to churn them out as much as possible until their 15 minutes are up.

They are a helluva lot better than some alternatives out there. As revolting as you may think they are, I bet you could name hundreds of bands you rate lower. I know I could.

That being said, with the plethora of immensly better artists out there, I dont think you will ever find them on my ipod.

They may not be the next Beatles but I'd sure prefer Nickelback to a lot of the other supposed talented artists out there today. There is a reason most of my purchases are rebuys of old cds that have either gone wayward from my collection or been destroyed over the years.

They may not be the next Beatles but I'd sure prefer Nickelback to a lot of the other supposed talented artists out there today. There is a reason most of my purchases are rebuys of old cds that have either gone wayward from my collection or been destroyed over the years.

They are to the 00's as Quiet Riot was to the 80's.

Im listening to Priest and Maiden....and Quiet Riot comes along with a catchy, accessible, and bland excuse for metal....and sell millions.

There will always be the band in each genre that has that watered down version that appeals to the masses.

That being said, I would listen to Quiet Riot over Flock of Seagulls.

Edited by eric42434224

That is where I think a lot of the 80's bands were misclassified. Bands like Quiet Riot, Dokken, Ratt, and the like were not metal bands but rock bands. Putting them in the same class as Maiden or Priest just doesn't fit.

That is where I think a lot of the 80's bands were misclassified. Bands like Quiet Riot, Dokken, Ratt, and the like were not metal bands but rock bands. Putting them in the same class as Maiden or Priest just doesn't fit.

They seem like rock now, but back then the classification "rock" was for bands like Loverboy or Journey, IMO. Bands like Dokken may not have been on the level of Maiden, but they sure werent on the same level as Loverboy.

They were more metal than anything else.

Funny, as now Priest and Maiden seem much more "rock" than they used to. They seem very "Classic Rock" compared to what is considered "metal" today.

I haven't liked any metal for ages now. I was never big on Metallica but what they've put out recently is an embarrassment. As for rock, Loverboy and Journey were rock bands. I guess I should have clarified that I considered the hair bands to be more along the lines of hard rock, around the same place that you'd put a Van Halen.

Absolutely. If we are going to put the general classifications of music in the 80's as Metal, Hard Rock, & Rock (which I agree with) then I agree with you. The "hair bands" seemed to be a bit more concerned with appealing to the masses. The metal bands seemed to have the music as their top focus.

Absolutely. If we are going to put the general classifications of music in the 80's as Metal, Hard Rock, & Rock (which I agree with) then I agree with you. The "hair bands" seemed to be a bit more concerned with appealing to the masses. The metal bands seemed to have the music as their top focus.

+1 for that observation. I always though of hair bands as "heavy pop/hard rock" during their time. I get my fill every now and then on the ipod, but I've certainly mellowed with age.

Anyone listen to the new Alice In Chains CD? 14 yrs since the last one. The single "Check my Brain" sounds good.

Can't wait to hear it. My wife just ordered it for us. Really liked "A Looking in View". The reviews I've read on Amazon have been quite good.