Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2007 RBK Catalogue

Hey! I found something really weird!

(all according to the catalogue)

7K ops is weighted 460g but taper shaft + blade are (305g + 140g) 445g?

5K ops is weighted 500g but stan. shaft + blade are (275g + 160g) 435g?

7K ops < 5K ops

7K two-piece > 5K two-piece

It doesn't make any sense!

The Tapered shafts are usually longer than the standard shafts to account for the short hosel, that might be the case with the weights being different.

7K ops < 5K ops

EDT:

5K ops > 5K two-piece (65g difference!)

I noticed that too...seems the 5K OPS is a step down from the prior model and the 7K weighs basically the same as the Synergy ST. If the 7K is more than $150 (which it will be) that will be a tough sell

The designs of the low-end skates are ugly. Hopefully they don't use that for future 5k and aboves.

Interesting RBK is getting into the cage business, but no visors.

Also, good to see ongoing progression of the protective. I'd love to try on a pair of them new spanky pants. I'm in the market for a pair.

the cages are pretty much spins off of the jofa/ccm's of old, and as far as visors go RBK owns THC who is in charge of distributing Oakley visors, i guess they say if it aint broke, dont fix it (so far)

7K ops < 5K ops

EDT:

5K ops > 5K two-piece (65g difference!)

There is no way those shafts weigh that amount - especially with RBK/CCM having the extra-long shafts in lieu of end plugs. Those numbers are probably based on some sort of "industry standard" - such as when cut to 47.5" or so. I have also never owned a shaft, blade, or OPS, that comes within 5% of the advertised weight.

I saw the new RBK protective yesterday. The 2 Fitlite series 6K and 4K are very well done. There is still the signature Jofa design and craftsmanship in the product. The shin pads have a unique feature on the calf slash pad. It is velcroed to the plastic shin shell. This allows you to remove it to wash it if you want and also allows you to adjust it up or down if you want this calf protection in a certain place. The shin pads are comfortable and not too bulky. The 3 point attachment system on the shin pad works well and will not get lost due to being velcro attached to the shin shell. Both series of elbow pads were very light. They fit without being restrictive at all.

The 9K gloves in nylon were light with great flexibility. The split fingers will get your hands around the stick easily. The damper zone padding on the palm is a good idea without being too padded to lose feel on the stick. While the 9K "leather" model is available in 13", 14", and 15", the 9K nylon is available in 14" and 15" only. I would have loved to have seen the 9k nylon made in 13".

DarkStar-

Do the thumb split too? ala vapor?

-fit: are they tight like XX or looser like XXX?

And JR or you, can you explain me more what is that ''damperzone'' actually? is it an extra layer of palm?

i love the custom helmet idea, i wish you could get green with a black subshell though. also i love the feel of the snake grip but i want a better performance than the 5k stick i wish they would make a 7k snakegrip. the new protective looks sick too. i think they should have stayed with the white and blue color scheme though.

Will the 9K Pants or any other series (incl goalie) come in XXL?

Edit: Didn't see the sizing chart in PDF, had to zoom in for answer.

Will RBK EVER put out an XXL Pant?

Edited by wex12

I Re-Ask my question, will RBK put out a 2XL or 3XL Pant? And Secondly, I notice the 7K Backpack Bag is back in the catalog. What was the deal with that last year? I saw it online all over the place for a While, then they disappeared. When will it be available again for retail?

I Re-Ask my question, will RBK put out a 2XL or 3XL Pant?

If it isn't in the catalog, it isn't going to be available.

I'm not saying for This season per se, but future seasons. I have a pair of CCM 652's XXL, but are getting somewhat ragged. I also am interested in getting into Goalie by next season for our Beginner league, and would be interested in some 2X Pants There too. But that's another story. Any info on the Bag Question?

I just checked the RBK catalog. When you look at the Modano and Crosby blade in the catalog there is a lined graph background. The two blades match up perfectly by checking how they line up against the lined graph background. Since the Modano pattern is a #1 seller pattern, it makes sense to put Crosby's name on the pattern for marketing whether or not it is close to his actual pattern. And we know his blade is as straight as a 50s Northland Custom Pro. RBK has to blank out the references to the Crosby pattern in the catalog. My rep put the stickers over Crosby's name and pattern number in my catalog right in front of me.

I Re-Ask my question, will RBK put out a 2XL or 3XL Pant?

If it isn't in the catalog, it isn't going to be available.

So by your logic, the 9K stick won't be available?