Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chilaxin12

Best Player you've played with or against?

Um as of to date Kelsey Tessier and Patrice Cormier, Devon Macausland and other players in the Q and id imagine in a 3 or 4 years a couple will be playing the show

Bryan Allen was my best defenceman as a kid (a bit reckless, but tremendous), though I always loved Kippy Brennan for mauling guys on my behalf. I still think Nate Robinson got a raw deal when Boston buried him in Providence - fastest skater I've ever seen: makes Rico Fata look like a lunk.

I have got to play with a few players from the ECHL and former NHLers here. Iain Duncan played for the Winnipeg Jets, Nick Parillo Toledo Storm, Rick Judson Toledo Storm, Taylor Razska Toledo Storm.

I got to play in a Red Wings Alum game with Igor Larinov, Eddie Mio, Dennis Hextall, Lee Norwood, Micky Redmond.

Igor was by far the past player I got to skate with, His passing skills are SICK.

I have to say all the pro hockey players I have meet have been great people very nice and are happy to give pointers.

i've played with Rhett Rakashani who's playing D1 at Denver and was drafted 100 in the 2006 draft by the islanders and a bunch of 92's from mostly california who everyone will be hearing about in the next couple years.

when i was 10 i played on jonny toews' summer hockey team and played against him up until he moved to play at shattuck st marys.

i also played a pickup game with alex steen

a kid i played with last year on my midget c team... he coulda played AA as shoe in but decided not to because i doesnt like all the polotics involved. some of the best hands ive ever seen. He wouldnt have done well in AA cause suspensions woulda killed him. He was suspeded for half our league games and still made top five in scoring for the league.

Probably Brian Leetch in the late 90s, or Mike Richter. Luc Robitaille was an awesome guy but he was breaking in new skates and was writhing in pain the time he came out. Big things I remember were how crisp Leetch's passing was compared to an average rec guy and how fast Richter was. Like unfairly fast.

^we had a CHL goalie come out to drop-in once and I thought he was ridiculous. I can't imagine what an NHLer would be like.

Probably the most famous guy I have played against is TJ Oshie, but he was a little kid then, so that doesn't really count.

Hmm...not too many...

I played with a lot of the Cooler Selects who had a couple of NARCH titles and against Steve and Joe Suk who played D1 and were NHL hopefuls before injuries. All roller.

Ice? Probably against Jocelyn Langlois who used to play IHL and CHL I believe. He was stupid fast.

John Tavares, would be the best player that i played against, we lost the game 12-9, i know high scores haha, but Tavares got 11 pts that game. Another great player that probably nobody knows of, is Chris Bryson, hes 21 now and done hockey but I played against him in the Dudley Hewitt Cup last year he finished with 23 pts in 7 games,and his stats during regular season were 42 games played and 125 pts in total , which in my books insane, but he had the worst attitude ever.

[snip]his stats during regular season were 42 games played and 125 pts in total , which in my books insane, but he had the worst attitude ever.

Isn't that usually the way it is? :( ;)

Aaron Alphonso, Had a 2 on 2 with Jeff Cowan(Vancouver) and Dan Ellis (Nashville) was the goalie. Dan and Jeff used to come to our Hockey camp in Orangeville.

http://www.barriecolts.com/player_roster.asp?PlayerID=106

Vladimir Nikiforov 41 points in 46 games.

lol thats pretty funny, I grew up playing with him. His dad is pretty much the best skating/hockey instructor on Long Island. I've been on the ice with Vlady since he was about 10. Btw, no way he's even 5'7.

Best I've been on the ice with is Kovalev. Vlady's dad actually had him come down to a training camp when he was a ranger. Best I've actually played with is either Jason Blake at a training camp in MN, or this guy Quentin Brickley. Brickley (I think thats how its spelt) brother was in the NHL, and Quentin I played a bunch of pick up games with when I was in school in MA. He was ridiculously good. He'd to things like the Mario "stick between the legs shot", but be making 40' passes with it tape to tape. Just embarass guys without even trying

Ha, thats funny. I am from Long Island too and when I was growing up Vlad's dad was one of the big time skating/skills instructors if not the biggest. But I also went to college up in Boston and played against Quentin Brickley as well at a lot of open hockey sessions at Quincy Youth Arena. Guy was pretty sick, he would pull off stuff so smoothly it was insane. He used some move where he'd take the puck and kick it to his skate and drag it around, sometimes throwing in a spin-o-rama, all with the puck underneath a skate blade. Guy was unreal.

Ha, yeah, I've played with him as well about a year ago in MA. He would pull that move. He was awesome and was very generous with his passing.

Frank Bathe and Landon Bathe (my dad and brother) my father is actully my coach so i skate with him all the time. AAA bantam team. Probably no one has ever heard of my dad but he was back with flyers when they were the broadstreet bullies, if you know him you would probably see him in the box everytime he gets on the ice. My brother was a prospect for the coyotes but last year in ahl pre season game he tore his acl mcl and something else cl and had to retire at a young age 24.