Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chilaxin12

Best Player you've played with or against?

When I was younger, I played on the same team as "Bobby Stevenson", aka Bobby Ryan the 2nd pick behind Crosby. It's funny he wasn't that great at 13/14 but he moved out to LA and then exploded in the OHL. But the best player I have actually played against Kyle Okposo from Minnesota at a Festival, hands down best player I have played.

I've had the opportunity to play with him too...he's just insane.

http://www.barriecolts.com/player_roster.asp?PlayerID=106

Vladimir Nikiforov 41 points in 46 games.

lol thats pretty funny, I grew up playing with him. His dad is pretty much the best skating/hockey instructor on Long Island. I've been on the ice with Vlady since he was about 10. Btw, no way he's even 5'7.

Best I've been on the ice with is Kovalev. Vlady's dad actually had him come down to a training camp when he was a ranger. Best I've actually played with is either Jason Blake at a training camp in MN, or this guy Quentin Brickley. Brickley (I think thats how its spelt) brother was in the NHL, and Quentin I played a bunch of pick up games with when I was in school in MA. He was ridiculously good. He'd to things like the Mario "stick between the legs shot", but be making 40' passes with it tape to tape. Just embarass guys without even trying

Ha, thats funny. I am from Long Island too and when I was growing up Vlad's dad was one of the big time skating/skills instructors if not the biggest. But I also went to college up in Boston and played against Quentin Brickley as well at a lot of open hockey sessions at Quincy Youth Arena. Guy was pretty sick, he would pull off stuff so smoothly it was insane. He used some move where he'd take the puck and kick it to his skate and drag it around, sometimes throwing in a spin-o-rama, all with the puck underneath a skate blade. Guy was unreal.

Briere in a pickup game in Gatineau

Ribiero in Brossard

Christian Matte in a tournament

Dude, I gotta start playing where you play! Danny Briere shows up to pickup? Crazy. I would love to play with a guy like. I would just like to see if I could hold my own with him. Obviously when it comes down to it he could skate circles around me, but I'd like to see if I could take the puck off of him even once or maybe burn him a time or two. That would make a guys head swell up pretty big wouldn't it?

best kids ive played against are sidney crosby and phil kessel, both in the madison tournament in 03. We beat crosby's shattuck team 5-4 and kessel had a hatty and beat us like 5-1 one or something. later we played shattuck at nationals and they beat us 7-1 in the semis.

If we're talking about non-competitve situations/summer hockey, I play with/against a bunch of the boys from the Show who grew up in the area during the summers, and, occasionally, there are some Sabres that come on the ice for an Open Hockey session.

Must be pretty cool, huh

I play roller, and I'm really young, so, uh, yeah. The best player (also for his age) I've played against is Nick Master. Here's the results from StateWars.Top Sniper, defenseman, and Team America. He's got a brother who's younger, but just as good as he was when he was younger. By the way, both of them play ice too.

I played against Sid in Nationals when he played for Shattuck. I played on a team or two with Patrick Kane, and Pat Kaleta. I played with alot of kids that are in the OHL now, or playing D1, etc. Ive also been on the ice with a vast majority of the Sabres.

its a shame nikiforov isnt actually 5'7, 5'8, he would have been drafted already. he is so talented it is insane. Also having your dad as a power skating coach in the NHL never hurts either.

http://www.barriecolts.com/player_roster.asp?PlayerID=106

Vladimir Nikiforov 41 points in 46 games.

lol thats pretty funny, I grew up playing with him. His dad is pretty much the best skating/hockey instructor on Long Island. I've been on the ice with Vlady since he was about 10. Btw, no way he's even 5'7.

Best I've been on the ice with is Kovalev. Vlady's dad actually had him come down to a training camp when he was a ranger. Best I've actually played with is either Jason Blake at a training camp in MN, or this guy Quentin Brickley. Brickley (I think thats how its spelt) brother was in the NHL, and Quentin I played a bunch of pick up games with when I was in school in MA. He was ridiculously good. He'd to things like the Mario "stick between the legs shot", but be making 40' passes with it tape to tape. Just embarass guys without even trying

Ha, thats funny. I am from Long Island too and when I was growing up Vlad's dad was one of the big time skating/skills instructors if not the biggest. But I also went to college up in Boston and played against Quentin Brickley as well at a lot of open hockey sessions at Quincy Youth Arena. Guy was pretty sick, he would pull off stuff so smoothly it was insane. He used some move where he'd take the puck and kick it to his skate and drag it around, sometimes throwing in a spin-o-rama, all with the puck underneath a skate blade. Guy was unreal.

lol thats too funny man. What year are you? We might have played against each other and not even know it. I was at the Quincy rink all the time for those pick up games. And I know the exact move you're talking about. If you check out the "best move" thread, I talk about doing that exact thing. Guess where I learned it? :P But yeah, smooth is the perfect definiton for him. It was disgusting when he'd actually skate near full speed or really rip a shot and not just deke a goalie

Briere in a pickup game in Gatineau

Ribiero in Brossard

Christian Matte in a tournament

Dude, I gotta start playing where you play! Danny Briere shows up to pickup? Crazy. I would love to play with a guy like. I would just like to see if I could hold my own with him. Obviously when it comes down to it he could skate circles around me, but I'd like to see if I could take the puck off of him even once or maybe burn him a time or two. That would make a guys head swell up pretty big wouldn't it?

Well Briere is from Gatineau and he trains in the summer with strong man Hugo Girard, he plays with most pros from that area and I got invited twice, guys like Patrick Grandmaitre and Derrik Brassard show up, I can't really keep up so they usually blow by me so quick that i'm sure they don't even know i'm there...

I played in a tournament last summer right before the draft and Derrik Brassard was one of the slickest fastes players i'd ever been around, older guys like Stephane Matteau where good to... Trying to compete with them is just impossible

I've skated/played with a ton of NHL'ers, but Tim Connolly impressed me the most out of anyone. So smooth on the ice, but a terrible wiffle ball pitcher. :ph34r:

Bobby Orr - of course, I was only 6 years old at the time, so I posed no great threat - about as much as I'd pose to him now, I guess - lol.

wow that is amazing...

thats the best one i have seen in this thread

skated with wade belak

Are you sure someone didn't just leave an orange practise cone on the ice? You wouldn't be the first to make that mistake :)

Alexandre Daigle in LA (while he was on his NHL break-Hollywood phase).

I still can't believe with all that talent and speed and he had such a ho- hum/shoulder shrugging attitude towards hockey.

That being said, I thought he would be an A-hole, but he was actually a nice guy.

best kid i ever played with was this kid sean mcallister, hes the captain of the applecore junior hockey team on long island... the kid is dirty

Is that the same McAllister who plays for McClancy in the Catholic League in NYC? I've coached against that kid, he has gotten a lot better over the last couple of years.

My dad worked right next to a local rink here in Connecticut and had the pleasure of skating with Chris Drury when I was much younger. Not to mention both Drury brothers are as nice of people as you'll ever meet.