Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2007 - 2008 new Unis

Leafs jersey just unveiled. Slightly darker blue. VERY plain, has no body stripes and no shoulder crests. Two stipes on each arm, and the bottom 1" or so of each cuff is a different colour (Blue jersey, white cuff and vice versa).

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4963/leafjerseyjg8.png

gah! I was just going to post that image.

Tucker in CCM Pants...?? I'm surprised they didn't use Antro & Raycroft (RBK guys) as the models.

I wondered why Montreal used Lapierre & Huet to model...then I looked at their gear. All RBK.

They were also the only 2 players who had tried the Edge Jerseys. Lapierre when he was back in PEI tested the product when it first came out and Huet was at the All Star Game last year so he had played with the jerseys.

If only the Avalanche could realizes they don't need FN Black on their uniforms!!!! Ditch the useless black and get Navy pants, gloves and helmets. It would look 100x better without changing almost anything!

But I like the Avalanche jersey. The white has more punch, but I would have liked them to have continuing stripes from the jersey to the pants like the Flames.

Ditch the black and convert fully to navy!!!!!!!

Who snorted all the damned cocaine before they decided to pull this shit.

Bettman hiring Probert as his assistant should have been the tip off. ;)

I think the Avs new jerseys may be my favourite of the new ones.

x2. I like what they did with their jersey, a lot. Their jersey doesn't have the t-shirt feel to it and the piping looks natural on it.

The piping looks good, black or not, but I think the smaller logo looks good on theirs because it always looked gaudy on the old ones. Ducks jersey is...ew.

The neck on the new Ducks is horrible, the whole shirt is bad, the colors are ok, but the shirt and logo are the worst in the NHL.

Good...I sure hope they're paying Close attention to this particular thread.

And virtually every other site on the internet saying the same things.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/F...18_1024x768.jpg

More Leafs pics. I wish the blue had the similar collar to the white.

As I suspected the white jersey is passable, still looks very plain and practice jersey-ish though. MLSE said they were trying to maintain traditional look of the jersey, but I guess nobody bothered to look at any of the old jerseys, they had stripes all over them.

Anyone have any pics of the socks? I'm going to go out on a limb and just say they have two stripes like the arms, but if they are a solid colour I think I'm boycotting the team this year.

torsocksfull.png

Ugh, another miss. Why so many stripes on the socks and so few on the jersey?

They are obviously going for some kind of retro look here, it is just off the mark with the Ballard Era leafs logo and unitard color scheme.

If you check out nhluniforms.com you can see every uniform year by year...man some of the old Leafs ones from the 30s-40s are amazing in my opinion, I don't know why they couldn't have copied those. The old style logo and striping on the new EDGE jersey technology would have been quite striking, would have really made us stand out as a classy jersey.

I am as big a Leaf fan as you will find. I have bought 5 (4 regular, one practice) jerseys since the 1992 season. I go to about 10-15 games a year. Out of an 82 game season I will probably watch in full at least 77-79 games. I have watched every playoff game either in person or on TV since 1992. If we ever make the friggin playoffs I usually go to at least half the home games. I've got the stupid LeafsTV, listen to leafs lunch, follow the team like crazy...if you can't even entice someone like me to go out and buy one of these new jerseys you have really failed from a marketing standpoint. Heck if they just kept the jerseys the same as last year I was going to buy a new home this season anyways.

It's not bad. The sleeves are still a little odd but it's better than most.

Yeah, it's not a template, and you're not getting that t-shirt look. A clean, modern look.

I've always liked ATL baby blue, so that looks sharp. The road looks bad. Edmonton's is atrocious. Went from having one of the best jerseys in the league to that...SJ's is a good attempt at tradition, but can't do the orange...

It's not bad. The sleeves are still a little odd but it's better than most.

Yeah, it's not a template, and you're not getting that t-shirt look. A clean, modern look.

I've always liked ATL baby blue, so that looks sharp. The road looks bad. Edmonton's is atrocious. Went from having one of the best jerseys in the league to that...SJ's is a good attempt at tradition, but can't do the orange...

So, Chicago keeps the horizontal stripes, but Toronto doesn't...dumb.