Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

It does have a classic look, but is anyone else a little disappointed?

The only thing that somewhat perked my interest was the 2.1 lightspeed.

Just curious, what are you looking for and what did you expect?

It does have a classic look, but is anyone else a little disappointed?

The only thing that somewhat perked my interest was the 2.1 lightspeed.

Just curious, what are you looking for and what did you expect?

Still looks too much like the one90 for me....they could have gone further with the classic look (more black, less weird tendon guards) or gone further with the modern design, as they did with the 9500 helmet.

Was in Bangkok for a tournament this week and their pro shop had a pair of One95, Supreme 75? and a pair of "Comp" skates. They only had them in 8D though, so I don't think it's officially out there. They were selling them for about 22000baht which is about $1000 sing dollars or US$700. I thought the Comps were the best out of those skates but I could be wrong.

What were the "Comps"? Have we seen pics of those before?

"Comp" is a Source for Sports SMU. A price point skate. I don't know if that's the same Comp skate he saw in Bangkok though.

it has a totally differet tendon gaurd than the One90

looks like the same design though. so are the new ones less prone to breaking?

It's solid.

The flexible tendon guard is a great theory, not their fault people can't take off their skates properly, for the most part.

Wow...that is a real sharp looking skate.

So it looks like they used the Vapor tongue and tendon guard...is this assumption correct?

It also looks like the quarter panel is a texallium mesh/carbon composite material. Has a very "carbon" like shine to it.

It's solid.

The flexible tendon guard is a great theory, not their fault people can't take off their skates properly, for the most part.

damn...i should've waited for the one95's :(

it's like any technology i guess. once you buy something, the next year something better comes out.

It's solid.

Thanks for adding "for the most part". Mine and 2 other guys on my team have snapped/shattered tendon guards from sticks, bodies, tension, etc. The guard on the one95 seemed very durable when i saw it though.

and I'm 100% happy with the new skate. Took the one90 that was already great and improved/fixed its flaws. Can't wait to get mine.

No mesh...

Very nice... :D

It was only a matter of time before they went to a carbon quarter. Can't even imagine the price tag on those pups. Sure it will have to be in the $650-$750 range.

I love the flexible tendon guard. As long as you pull the skates off from the top of the quarters of the boot and not the tendon guard itself its fine. Very similar in theory to those old Mogilny grafs that had cut tendons.

No mesh...

It was only a matter of time before they went to a carbon quarter. Can't even imagine the price tag on those pups. Sure it will have to be in the $650-$750 range.

No, you focused on the wrong word.

If you're thinking composite shell, think further.

does this skate come with the ls 2.1 power blade. if so is it the smae as the ls2 power or is it diffrent. also to change the steel to normal lightspeed would i need to change the holders or just keep the same?

does this skate come with the ls 2.1 power blade. if so is it the smae as the ls2 power or is it diffrent. also to change the steel to normal lightspeed would i need to change the holders or just keep the same?

yes, comes with LS2.1. the holder accepts both steel sets.

No mesh...

No, you focused on the wrong word.

If you're thinking composite shell, think further.

Texallium graphite?

read the thread, the material has been talked about numerous times...

but im feeling generous http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...st&p=486796

Yes, it has been talked about...but ALIVE is not exactly a material...it is a gimmicky name...I am trying to get more of an understanding of its true chemical composition.

And as far as the term composite...that just means a combination of different chemical materials...mostly used as a term to describe two disparate materials interleaved. So ALIVE means nothing, and composite means two materials. How does that tell you anything about the material?

Now...texallium mesh (a mixture of plastic with texallium aluminum strips) IS the type of material in the One90 quarter. Looks to me like Texallium is still there...just trying to figure out the carbon looking material...wonder if it is a thermoplastic composite...like what is used on motorcycle helmets.

Yes, it has been talked about...but ALIVE is not exactly a material...it is a gimmicky name...I am trying to get more of an understanding of its true chemical composition.

And as far as the term composite...that just means a combination of different chemical materials...mostly used as a term to describe two disparate materials interleaved. So ALIVE means nothing, and composite means two materials. How does that tell you anything about the material?

I'm well aware of what the term composite means. I thought that non-epoxy based composite gave a fairly decent descriptor of what the material is, in principle. you're looking for specifics that JR cant explicitly give or doesnt know... other wise he would have.

but thanks for the lesson.

WOOT-WOOT

so excited!!!

get to see the new NBH stuff this wednesday coming up

one of our stores is holding a NBH preview show

.........feeling pretty special to tell ya the truth B)

MLSMan - no texallium in the ONE90 quarters. It was the same as Vapor XXX.

Reason it's named ALIVE is because of the way it can be manipulated.

It was my understanding that the quarters...those light color lines...are texallium or some other aluminum blend and some other carbon-like material on the One90. I have seen materials like this in other uses that look strikingly similar.

MLSMan - no texallium in the ONE90 quarters. It was the same as Vapor XXX.

Reason it's named ALIVE is because of the way it can be manipulated.

It was my understanding that the quarters...those light color lines...are texallium or some other aluminum blend and some other carbon-like material on the One90. I have seen materials like this in other uses that look strikingly similar.

It is Surlyn, same material as the Vapor.

Ahhh....Surlyn...that makes a lot of sense.

So the weaved lines in the One90 are not aluminum or texallium based aluminum?

Thank you for the clarification. Surlyn is a type of thermoplastic. Now you really have me curious about the One95..but I will shut up now and wait until the type can be discussed.

Who said you wouldn't use Chemistry in real life?