Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

wow.. if there is going to be a price jump, i wonder how much more it will cost. Im assuming they will probably be $850-$900 CAD then, because the one90s were $799. I think thats kinda much for a pair of hockey skates.

Yay for getting equipment at cost! :D

Come on JR...show us...

kt,

The new Supreme skates will not be available for Christmas, sorry.

Oh, OK then... maybe a delayed birthday present. Or Supreme 70s...

Thanks,

The One95's will have an average retail of $800 USD. :ph34r:

Just kidding, :P the One95's should be roughly $50 more than the One90's depending on where you go.

I would hope by the time the Nike Bauer One95 and One75 Skates are released in 2008 that the prices should reflect parity between the U.S. and Canadian dollars. If not, Canadians are getting ripped off by Canadian retailers, and the Canadian retailers are getting ripped off by their distributors.

All things aside with parity inconsideration, I don't expect to see an increase in Canadian prices for the new line of skates.

"cammerz12" and "TBLfan", are you calling me retarded? If so, is this really necessary? I mean if my assumptions are incorrect, why don't you correct me instead of name-calling. It's kind of ironic though how it's three Americans who do not see a potential for real parity between the Canadian and American dollar.

Newsflash, while not in the hockey market per se, a store called Zellers in Canada is selling certain products at parity, for example, digital cameras. Perhaps, I'll provide a better example with a widely known store across the world called Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is expected to slash prices prior to the Christmas Holidays, so prices of items in Canada will likely be similar if not at parity with the United States.

I understand that price adjustments take time, but by the time the new line of Nike Bauer Hockey Equipment is made readily available to all consumers, it will likely be between April-June of 2008. According to this assumption and the potential for the Canadian dollar to maintain its steady rise, my suggestion isn't as far-fetched or as "retarded" as some of you may think. Anyways, I just thought I would defend myself from unnecessary insults.

Here is a news article that is food for thought about price (dis)parity:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/10...4599046-cp.html

It's not retarded that you would want to pay the same when your currency is the same, it's retarded that you're bringing up the subject yet again.

The discussion of Canadian citizens being charged more has been covered in great length and detail several times.

There are MANY factors that determine the price of foreign goods, not just exchange rate on currency.

"cammerz12" and "TBLfan", are you calling me retarded? If so, is this really necessary? I mean if my assumptions are incorrect, why don't you correct me instead of name-calling. It's kind of ironic though how it's three Americans who do not see a potential for real parity between the Canadian and American dollar.

Newsflash, while not in the hockey market per se, a store called Zellers in Canada is selling certain products at parity, for example, digital cameras. Perhaps, I'll provide a better example with a widely known store across the world called Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is expected to slash prices prior to the Christmas Holidays, so prices of items in Canada will likely be similar if not at parity with the United States.

I understand that price adjustments take time, but by the time the new line of Nike Bauer Hockey Equipment is made readily available to all consumers, it will likely be between April-June of 2008. According to this assumption and the potential for the Canadian dollar to maintain its steady rise, my suggestion isn't as far-fetched or as "retarded" as some of you may think. Anyways, I just thought I would defend myself from unnecessary insults.

Here is a news article that is food for thought about price (dis)parity:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/10...4599046-cp.html

No, try reading what I wrote.

At MSH it goes in waves. And it's not soo much "tards" as it is a number of uninformed or younger post-ers.

I called you uninformed and/or a younger post-er. If you can't figure out that I was defending you against the use of the word "tart" you are an idiot.

And yes, I just called you an idiot.

Flame off.

Back on topic.

The profile of the ONE95 boot is not as acute to the foot shape as the ONE90. It is another part of the skate that looks and is different from the ONE90.

The One95's will have an average retail of $800 USD. :ph34r:

Just kidding, :P the One95's should be roughly $50 more than the One90's depending on where you go.

You think? Im thinking it might just touch the 650 mark.

Nvm, i concur.

Flame off.

Back on topic.

The profile of the ONE95 boot is not as acute to the foot shape as the ONE90. It is another part of the skate that looks and is different from the ONE90.

Will this affect the "zero negative space" fit?