Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

Flame off.

Back on topic.

The profile of the ONE95 boot is not as acute to the foot shape as the ONE90. It is another part of the skate that looks and is different from the ONE90.

Will this affect the "zero negative space" fit?

No, the fit will be improved,IMO, by a thicker(we're talking very thin still)foam liner which adds more protection but also enhances the zero negative space of the ONE95 boot. In some respects, your foot feels a bit naked inside a ONE90 since your foot seems almost like it is just enveloped by the boot. There is not a lot of padding in the ONE90. The ONE95 boot is still built the same way. It is just the materials have changed to improve design, fit, and function. The information the guys at RD & D gather from ONE90 in the field allows them to enhance the foundation they have for building a ONE95 with materials that were not even available when they first designed the ONE90.

The ONE95, ONE75, and ONE55 have AnaFormable Fit which allows for the ability to customize fit around your ankle and heel. The ONE35 does not have Anaformable Fit. All four models are thermoformable.

Referring to currency and pricing parity:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

it's not that simple.

It is pretty much that simple, the prices in the US and Canada should be very close. Please tell me that we are not going to go through another round of debunking mythical import duties.

"There should not be large discrepancies between similar products just because they're being sold on different sides of [the] border," Jim Flaherty said.

Jim Flaherty, happens to be the Minster of Finance for the Government of Canada, for you non-Canadians on the board.

Jim Flaherty is a fucking moron, apparantly. Moron politicians happen to be on both sides of the border.

you dont even have to worry about import duties, the materials used in manufacturing werent necessarily purchased at the more equal exchange rates. Sticks could have crossed the border months ago and sat in a warehouse.

on that note, i'm done

ETA: sorry dark, started writing before you posted, none more from me though, it's a dead horse.

No, the fit will be improved,IMO, by a thicker(we're talking very thin still)foam liner which adds more protection but also enhances the zero negative space of the ONE95 boot. In some respects, your foot feels a bit naked inside a ONE90 since your foot seems almost like it is just enveloped by the boot. There is not a lot of padding in the ONE90. The ONE95 boot is still built the same way. It is just the materials have changed to improve design, fit, and function. The information the guys at RD & D gather from ONE90 in the field allows them to enhance the foundation they have for building a ONE95 with materials that were not even available when they first designed the ONE90.

The ONE95, ONE75, and ONE55 have AnaFormable Fit which allows for the ability to customize fit around your ankle and heel. The ONE35 does not have Anaformable Fit. All four models are thermoformable.

Thanks a lot for clearing that up. I'm looking forward to seeing and trying on the One95.

Got pictures of my friends skates from UNH. Played with him growing up. James Van Riemsdyk's skates.

One 95's

n1087620203_30080467_6716.jpg

That blue thing at the heel reminds me of the old Nike V-12 skates.

On a side note, in the latest USA Hockey (the one with the ad's for the Fuel Ti-Pro), if you look at the top of Jared's locker room stall there is a good view of the One95's. You can see the new tendon gurad pretty well, and a good look of the new white felt tongue. The right skates tongue looks like it has some weird padding on it.

The tendon guard is based on the Vapor tendon guard. They went to what works well. I don't think there is any extra padding on the tongue of the boot on the right. That is the top eyelet that the tongue is curled around. That gloss on the boot from the picture is actually the boot, not the picture.

And just FYI, the One95 goalie skate is built using the same materials, but on the old Supreme-series last with a nylon cowling (no more spidered lucite!) and stainless blades that are apparently not that horrible.

Hmm, i see some of you talking about a One35, wasnt there a Canadian Tire SMU that was the Supreme 35? Or did NBH just forget all about it and decided to rename the "Supreme" to the "one" and modify the skate?

any moment now for the 08 catalogue :)

After what happened this week concerning MSH's copy of the 08 NBH catalogue, you may not see it for quite a while. Sorry.

Got pictures of my friends skates from UNH. Played with him growing up. James Van Riemsdyk's skates.

One 95's

n1087620203_30080467_6716.jpg

That blue thing at the heel reminds me of the old Nike V-12 skates.

On a side note, in the latest USA Hockey (the one with the ad's for the Fuel Ti-Pro), if you look at the top of Jared's locker room stall there is a good view of the One95's. You can see the new tendon gurad pretty well, and a good look of the new white felt tongue. The right skates tongue looks like it has some weird padding on it.

I really dont like that blue thing. What happened to nice simple black skates ?

They've gone the way of the wood stick. Ultimately, it really doesn't matter - you can't really see them that well once they're on your feet.

I couldn't agree more. The skate would look so much better with the blue thing black or grey, maybe? I guess this way the skate stands out a little.

I couldn't agree more. The skate would look so much better with the blue thing black or grey, maybe? I guess this way the skate stands out a little.

If it bothers you that much, take a sharpie and youre happy. Of course, a new skate isnt supposed to be painted, but if THATS the only reason, it should be worth a thought.

I personally like this skate so far, especially if its a higher volumish boot than the ONE90

That blue bit wouldn't stop me getting a pair of these and if they perform anything like the one90's they will be amazing. I just think that they would look better all balck, just PP I guess?

Saw them today. Very nice.

You should have taken pics with your camera phone, it's the "professional" way to go. :lol:

/inside joke