Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

DarkStar50 Posted Yesterday, 07:11 PM

The ONE95 quarter is built with ALIVE composite which is 3D Anaformable. The ONE95 is not using an epoxy based composite as the S15 is. Epoxy based composites are not thermoformable, therefore it is only the interior foams being shaped, not the composite quarter of the S15. The ONE95 quarter is not an epoxy based composite so it can be shaped through baking. This is a big difference between the ONE95 and S15. ALIVE composite is 40% lighter than the Telmesh package used on the ONE90. It is not about weight, though, it is about performance. Easton is using weight to sell their story on the S15. That should tell you something.

What is the story on the performance benefits of the ALIVE composite?

I think Coil technology is a good idea but not yet sold on it, especially if i cannot heat mold the skate to my foot properly when something like the ONE90 is around.

The performance benefits to ALIVE composite are its lightweight protection as it is very thin that nows allows for a thicker foam backer layer underneath. The foam has the ability to absorb shock from a shot better than previously. There is improved torsional rigidity in ALIVE composite. I watched a video of a puck shot at the boot of the ONE95 and S15. The S15 boot collapsed a lot more on impact than the ONE95. It was actually a bit of a train wreck to watch what happened to the S15 as compared to the ONE95 on impact. In slow motion, it wasn't pretty. There is a better flex zone in the ankle area with ALIVE composite. The boot will flex and rebound to maintain strength in the boot. There are no C cuts or such to make this happen.

A clarification on the flex zone aspect. The boot is still plenty stiff. There is a machine that has a piston like spike that sits inside the boot like your lower shin/ankle. This piston will flex forwards and backwards to measure and test the flex zones of the boots. This is a machine obviously designed for these tests specifically. The psi and pressure that this machine produces has to be greater than you or I could produce. It is also constantly doing this exercise to measure flex. Everyone is testing the other products out there to measure against each other to build a better skate as well. This is just one touchstone of the work being done.

will the comfort on the one95 be similar to that of the one90? the one90 had elite performance but wasent a very comfortable skate. will the one95 have a different liner or fit that will make it more forgiving in terms of a break in process and overall comfort?

Too soon to tell as none of us have been on ice with the ONE95. I did try on the ONE95 but it was a size too big. My size was not available for fit stock. :(

Yes, Tuuk Lightspeed 2 with LS 2.1 Power solid stainless steel runner.

Heating the steel with a blow torch voids all warranties. :lol:

will the comfort on the one95 be similar to that of the one90? the one90 had elite performance but wasent a very comfortable skate. will the one95 have a different liner or fit that will make it more forgiving in terms of a break in process and overall comfort?

My one90's feel amazing. The fact that they don't fit you (and the 95's probably wont either) has nothing to do with whether or not they are a comfortable skate.

anyone wearing them in the show yet?

Ask Mike Fisher in the SC Finals 07. And the Super Series guys.

wasn't fisher using one90's but just testing out the new materials for the one95's?

Is there that much of a diffference between the one90 and one95 besides the anaformability?

ONE75 = more volume'd ONE90.

So can we assume a price jump for the One95?

So the One75 will be about the same as One90s cost and One95s will cost more than the One90s originally did?

The ONE75 should be in the same neighborhood as the Supreme 70. That will be awesome skate for the $$$.

So the One75 will be about the same as One90s cost and One95s will cost more than the One90s originally did?

The ONE75 should be in the same neighborhood as the Supreme 70. That will be awesome skate for the $$$.

OK!!! That's what I'm getting for my son this x-mas. Assuming that they will fit...

wow.. if there is going to be a price jump, i wonder how much more it will cost. Im assuming they will probably be $850-$900 CAD then, because the one90s were $799. I think thats kinda much for a pair of hockey skates.