Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flashgordon

Interesting NHL Equipment Stats

These are interesting numbers, but isn't this less reflective of what the "best" players use and more reflective of each company's ability to sign endorsers?

The stat I'd be most interested in is how many players turn down money from their primary sponsor to use equipment made by someone else. For example, I think someone said above that they have observed many minor leaguers who get perks from Reebok immediately switching to other equipment when they are released from that deal.

Folks, best to keep in mind it is the player that makes the skill and NOT the gear despite what we spend untold bucks on. I'm sure Sidney would score a boat load of goals with the shitty wooden Sherwood I have in my basement. Now back to our regular gear whoring.

I'm sure Sidney would score a boat load of goals with the shitty wooden Sherwood I have in my basement

And if you gave him a right handed stick to play with, he would just score twice as many backhand goals

And if you gave him a right handed stick to play with, he would just score twice as many backhand goals

That's for sure. Still, I should stock up on his pro-stock gear only cos it was his.

Holy shit, it is the carpenter, NOT the tools that make the difference. I always thought so.......

it's an interesting stat, and has some merit. no, one stick won't make you a 50 goal scorer, but there's something we can take from this.

case in point, why does bauer lead the skate market, but not the stick market? why does easton not have as competitive a share of the skate market like they do in the stick market? endorsements does not completely explain this.

there can be many reasons, but you can't exclude the possibility that bauer simply makes better skates than easton, and thus pros prefer them.

Holy shit, it is the carpenter, NOT the tools that make the difference. I always thought so.......

You talking about wood sticks or something?

An interesting point to the stick debate, when Ovie scored 56 and 65 goals he was useing a Bauer stick, not the CCM's which he was paid to use.

Again it is the carpenter not the tools that have the skill. Ovie could use a Canadian Tire Special wooden stick and score a ton of goals.

Again it is the carpenter not the tools that have the skill. Ovie could use a Canadian Tire Special wooden stick and score a ton of goals.

i understand and respect your argument, but if ovi used canadian tire $80 skates i'll put good money on it that he would not play as well as he would if he wore his pro stock crazy lights.

does better equipment make you a more skilled player? no of course not, but a carpenter with a butter knife and a carpenter with a jig saw are 2 wholy different creatures.

When a company owns a 70% share of a product in a category, it is not a possibility that they make a better product, it is a probability.

If I remember correctly, didn't Bauer try to deflect some players' game/scoring success due to their TO stick? I remember a lot of their Fb statuses like "______ and ________ are leading their team(or whatever) in points with their new Total One"...just find it funny since you mention that, and it's very true.

If I remember correctly, didn't Bauer try to deflect some players' game/scoring success due to their TO stick? I remember a lot of their Fb statuses like "______ and ________ are leading their team(or whatever) in points with their new Total One"...just find it funny since you mention that, and it's very true.

Their twitter page is basically dedicated to "So and so scored a hat trick with his Total One" and "Ten of the top 20 point leaders currently use Bauer sticks." True, but obnoxious.

i understand and respect your argument, but if ovi used canadian tire $80 skates i'll put good money on it that he would not play as well as he would if he wore his pro stock crazy lights.

does better equipment make you a more skilled player? no of course not, but a carpenter with a butter knife and a carpenter with a jig saw are 2 wholy different creatures.

My argument is he would do a lot better on $80 Canadian Tire skates than you or I would because of his natural skills and talents. I agree he still needs decent equipment at his level of play but a pair of Total Ones wouldn't improve my skating skills to match his.

My argument is he would do a lot better on $80 Canadian Tire skates than you or I would because of his natural skills and talents. I agree he still needs decent equipment at his level of play but a pair of Total Ones wouldn't improve my skating skills to match his.

Right, but would TotalOnes give Ovie the slight advantage over Victor Hedman in a race to the puck? And could that same advantage help me beat a C league defenseman to the loose puck?

90% of the consumers are not delusional about their gear, but they do believe there is an advantage. Its up to them whether its worth the price, and if they take the highest level as a barometer, so be it. How many people buy the same spatula Rachel Ray uses? Are they wrong? Not necessarily.

Right, but would TotalOnes give Ovie the slight advantage over Victor Hedman in a race to the puck? And could that same advantage help me beat a C league defenseman to the loose puck?

Not if the TotalOnes aren't a good fit for his foot, etc, etc. Top of the line does you no good if you can't utilize the features.

Their twitter page is basically dedicated to "So and so scored a hat trick with his Total One" and "Ten of the top 20 point leaders currently use Bauer sticks." True, but obnoxious.

It is marketing 101. Just about every company will at one point make statements about the success of their products. Bauer does not claim that the TotalOne stick scored the hat trick. Rather the player who scored the hat trick was using the TotalOne stick.