Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doogie24

The "Nike Hockey in the 90s" Thread!

fedorovnike-1.jpg

The equipment was not the most comfortable or well built, but damn it looked good!

If you have some classic mitts or some funky looking wheels, toss some pics up!

The Originator

Black cuff, White boots

Mats

my LHS has those boots up on the wall

Cam

Pic from the PHEW group...the yellow swoosh is sick

plenty of Cooper/Bauer Reactor equip in these classics

The Landscaper

The Panhandler

Ther Prisoner

Seeing Cam Neely in anything but head to toe CCM feels bad and wrong. That nasty helmet makes him look like Brind'Amour, and that's not good.

Saw a guy at "pro" tryouts last week from Finland wearing a pair of Rangers Ignite gloves, bought back some serious memories of drooling over Nike gear as a 16 year old in Roller.

omg, you guys are making me want to vomit!!! i know its "to each his own" but i couldn't stand that stuff when it came out, and i sure as hell don't like it any better now!!!

I have a pair of these el cheapo pond skates I've never used. Still have the original box, just never gotten around to getting rid of them. Here are the pics of the skates and Nike gloves I have shown in a previous thread, along with an old CCM helmet.

Gloves3.jpg

img487.jpg

i had those white zoom airs, they were the worst skates i ever owned! and ugly as hell lol. i got bauer air 90's the year after, they were awesome...

Hard to believe that these are considered "retro" now. Still use the skates, still love them.

Wanted these gloves bad.

257877-1.jpg

Probably can guess who these belong to.

87cf_20.jpg

Posted before, but these are mine.

Library-458.jpg

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I wasn't a gear whore until recently so I know nothing of older gear, but there are different models of the Nike air skates right? They confuse me because no one ever lists what model or anything, just Nike skates. I ask this because your material underneath the black webbing ^^^ is different than what I've usually seen. Also, how did you keep the toe from yellowing?

Most people just call the skates of that era Zoom Air Skates, but the ones I had were called Air Accel Elite. The Sundin skate is an older Bauer model dressed up as a Nike skate.

If you take your skates out of you bag and air them out, they won't turn yellow. Also, using bleach and a dish scrub every 3 months will take off puck marks and might also help keep them white.

I had a pair of these (Ignite 1)

33067.jpg

and these

4bb8_1.JPG

Gave them to friend who's still rockin' them in beer league.

I wonder if Nike will attempt to make a foray into hockey again.

Thanks, just wanted to double check that. Also, I don't have the skates, but I air dry all my skates after every use anyway so when I find some that won't be a big deal if what you say is true. It's just that i have very rarely seen some that the toes aren't slightly yellow.

I knew those Sundin's looked like something dressed up as Nike's, the shape of the toe and tendon guard were off.