Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ddbowdoin

why is the NHL highlighing Avery?

Bullshit

You're the one spewing out bullshit.

Avery makes his team better? Last i checked, there arent too many in the NHL that go out of their way to say they want to play with Sean Avery.

Whats the Rangers record again this year? Pretty much the same as last year, with a much better lineup.

Has he been making his linemante Jaromir Jagr better this year? Nope. He's down almost 40points from last season. Avery isnt exactly putting up career numbers either.

...And the fact that you said other players are scared of him is pure blasphemy.

He's good at what he does, but sure isnt the savior rangers fans make him out to be.

Bullshit

You're the one spewing out bullshit.

Avery makes his team better? Last i checked, there arent too many in the NHL that go out of their way to say they want to play with Sean Avery.

Whats the Rangers record again this year? Pretty much the same as last year, with a much better lineup.

Has he been making his linemante Jaromir Jagr better this year? Nope. He's down almost 40points from last season. Avery isnt exactly putting up career numbers either.

...And the fact that you said other players are scared of him is pure blasphemy.

He's good at what he does, but sure isnt the savior rangers fans make him out to be.

For the record, Avery has missed a number of games due to injuries early in the season. Also, he has not been on Jagr's line since the start of the season. Avery started the year with Gomez and Shanahan.

For the record, Avery has missed a number of games due to injuries early in the season. Also, he has not been on Jagr's line since the start of the season. Avery started the year with Gomez and Shanahan.

So Gomez only started to play well once Avery was removed from his line?

I kid, I kid!

HUGE Avery fan here, and I will say that not ONE person in the NHL is scared of him. They hate him with everything they have, but not scared in the least bit. Whoever started that bit of untruth has lost it. They should go back to watching Max Headroom.

Avery Rocks. #1 in my book.

And I liked him way before he turned on the scoring machine as of late. Great anticipation of the play...

...from the penalty box?

Last year was the furthest they've gone in god knows how long, and either by mere coincidence or Avery's presence they actually went into last years playoff with some momentum.

I think it's coincidence. They looked horrible in the series against the Devils in '06 but it was the first time they'd been in the playoffs since Gretz, then Jagr decided to try and check people.

They were swept in first round in 06. They were burned out after sending something like 10 players to the Olympics, the most of any NHL team. They had no momentum. They went to Conference Finals in 07. The team was sparked by Avery's arrival, like it or not.

It may have been sparked but I'm just saying it's not a better team solely for his part. I would say it'd appear he's better for the team than what I hear of Jagr, but maybe that's just me.

Please, do we have to mention Jagr? Next thing you know 96 will come flying into this thread to say Jagr shouldn't even dress for the next game. I agree Avery is not the biggest piece in the puzzle but he is an important one. Its hard to believe based on the player he was coming in front from the lock-out.

I just see Avery using this year as a plank to jump off for more money this summer. Nothing wrong with that, I just think Rangers fans are going to turn on him real quick if he does.

I understand where you're coming from. I think most Rangers fans figure screw it, we're giving Gomez and Drury $7mil, give Avery $4mil! Really, it comes out of 96's pocket. He has season tickets in the balcony. Hell, give him $5mil and charge 96 more for that blue seat.