Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Even though the steel is the same, most who use Velocity report that it holds edges longer than their regular STEPs. With the polished finish, the edges are stronger, they do not nick as easy as well. I love sharpening the velos, little to no honing required, the edge is just so much cleaner.

after reading this and other threads I am still a little confused. What is the difference between the step steel for Lightspeed II and the step steel XL for lightspeed II? looking for new blades for a pair of X60's

Easy to figue out, Step XL steel is for skates that have Ls2.1 power steel. Same extra length. Howver, any skate any model that has LS2 holder can take Step regular or XL steel, totally interchangeable. X60's have regular lenngth LS2 steel so if you want to stay the same just get the regular Steps.

After some skate issues were sorted, I was finally able to get my Step Velocity XL steel on my new LS2 holders. starts, turns, stride and balance feel much better than before. it sure doesnt help that my OEM ls2.1 steel was so small and worn before swapping, but i feel comfortable in the One95's again. It didnt take much before the plastic from the holders made contact with the ice, so now with the massive steel in there I feel a lot better... almost like when skating in these skates for the first time.

Does the velocity/added steel length work as advertised? not sure, but skating definitely improved since the poor condition of the ls2.1 blades held back from serious cuts/turns etc. overall i'm happy with this swap

418373_728406480680_26904390_35587776_423977224_n.jpg

Edited by Durbo20vT

After some skate issues were sorted, I was finally able to get my Step Velocity XL steel on my new LS2 holders. starts, turns, stride and balance feel much better than before. it sure doesnt help that my OEM ls2.1 steel was so small and worn before swapping, but i feel comfortable in the One95's again. It didnt take much before the plastic from the holders made contact with the ice, so now with the massive steel in there I feel a lot better... almost like when skating in these skates for the first time.

Does the velocity/added steel length work as advertised? not sure, but skating definitely improved since the poor condition of the ls2.1 blades held back from serious cuts/turns etc. overall i'm happy with this swap

Black holders - so you swapped in your 296mm LS2 holders?

Was wondering if anyone has some info on the Step "fusion" offering? Also I'm not sure I missed something but are the Nitonol blades from Easton now available to us non Pro's? 0.o

Have some Step V-Steel XL's heading my way. Looking forward to trying these out to see if I'll feel the difference. A lot of great input in this thread, thanks

Was wondering if anyone has some info on the Step "fusion" offering? Also I'm not sure I missed something but are the Nitonol blades from Easton now available to us non Pro's? 0.o

Nothing yet.

Easton doesn't do nitinol...and no they aren't.

Nothing yet.

Easton doesn't do nitinol...and no they aren't.

Umm, nitinol is avail to everyone.

The height does offer improvements, the length does not.

Umm...he was asking about Easton's steel, which he mistakenly called "nitinol." I corrected him, and stated that Easton's steel (NanoGlide) is not available to the public.

Umm...he was asking about Easton's steel, which he mistakenly called "nitinol." I corrected him, and stated that Easton's steel (NanoGlide) is not available to the public.

That makes sense, I didn't see any reference to nanoglide, I thought he was refering to nitinol not being avail.

Last time I heard about it was when Step expected a Spring 2011 release. At the time I remember the price being surprisingly high. I can't recall the specific quote, just remember thinking it was expensive. Any idea of the Ti-SS MSRP?

Around $150 Canadian is what he mentioned, pretty steep if true

Not really, the Fusions are $130 and they are just half aluminum, so a little bit more for titanium is not bad. Titanium is expensive, I recently paid $95 for a titanium firing pin for one of my pistols, and the amount of titanium on it is way less than what would be on a pair of runners.

i had a terrible experiance with this steel and would not recommend it. i have bauer flexlites and i got step steel for the tuuks and i blocked a shot on my left foot after having it for two weeks adn it broke 3 inches from the heel of the runner. one week later i blocked a shot on the ight foot and the steel broke in the exact same place. i was completely disapointed with this steel.

i had a terrible experiance with this steel and would not recommend it. i have bauer flexlites and i got step steel for the tuuks and i blocked a shot on my left foot after having it for two weeks adn it broke 3 inches from the heel of the runner. one week later i blocked a shot on the ight foot and the steel broke in the exact same place. i was completely disapointed with this steel.

It's good quality steel, but that doesn't mean it won't break when you block shots with it. I have had multiple steels break over the years, and ever time it has been the result of a hard shot hitting it.

Wouldn't be surprised if your steel was overtightened or put under any undue stress, especially if it broke in the same spot on both runners.

I've been on Step for almost three years and haven't had a single problem.

Wouldn't be surprised if your steel was overtightened or put under any undue stress, especially if it broke in the same spot on both runners.

I've been on Step for almost three years and haven't had a single problem.

how tight it should be? i got my step steel today. and its my first time changing blades.