Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coryroth24

Equipment Addiction

Here's the count. Think I listed everything.

Helmets: 3, gave 1 away. Plan on buying S9.

Shoulders: only 2

Gloves: 9 pairs, 1 given away

Pants: 2, but looking to buy 2 more.

Shins: only 2 pairs

Elbows: 4 pairs

Skates: 3 player, 1 goalie, 1 roller hockey

OPS: 6

Shafts: 9

Blades: 18 tapered, 2 standard... and some wood blades somewhere.

Goalie: 4

Woodies: 3

Catchers: 2

Blockers: 2

Haven't seen any posts from dads yet. It can get worse as there is no guilt we get when spending on ouselves. My son was looking at Jr One90 and XXXX twigs last week-trying to decide which one to request for his bday. I grabbed both and took them to the cash-would never mention that story anywhere but here.

I used to be a stick whore, but went to SA (Sticks Anonymous) and have

toned it down. I got a new stick yesterday for the first time in 3

months.

Yes... but how many do you have in your sports closet?

(Ponty and Buzz are the premiere stick ho's.... I think DrewHunz is a close 3rd)

I used to be a stick whore, but went to SA (Sticks Anonymous) and have

toned it down. I got a new stick yesterday for the first time in 3

months.

Yes... but how many do you have in your sports closet?

(Ponty and Buzz are the premiere stick ho's.... I think DrewHunz is a close 3rd)

I think Buzz has unloaded a lot of his and is now down to less than 10. Drew was in the process of unloading but then I think a stick delivery truck threw-up in his yard. Just some tidbits I recall from the past several months on here. Go Gear Whores, Boost that economy...

I never really thought about it, but since this thread came up and I started to get a count, I think I'll just take the 5th, since I'm actually embarased. ex 14 pr skates alone, all top of the line and all within the last 3 yrs. I've filled a large wooden closet, and five large garbage cans with gloves, pants and jerseys along with protective gear and helmets. Yes, the cans were purchased new just for storage!

I never really thought about it, but since this thread came up and I started to get a count, I think I'll just take the 5th, since I'm actually embarased. ex 14 pr skates alone, all top of the line and all within the last 3 yrs. I've filled a large wooden closet, and five large garbage cans with gloves, pants and jerseys along with protective gear and helmets. Yes, the cans were purchased new just for storage!

I'm just curious to see what this collection would look like, any pics? :)

don't really have any pics, and I'm really tellin' the truth. maybe someday when the wife's not arround I'll try to take some and post em up. gotta do it when she's not arround though if you know what I mean. let's just say I probably have more and it is all or most of it pro stock or pro quality than two small LHS in my area. maybe someday I'll start to sell some of it off.

Okay, time to fess up. Five pairs of skates, yes five. In order from oldest to newest, Easton 1100's, Easton 1300's, RBK 8K's, Vapor XXII's and now Graf 735's. Not intending on getting rid of any of them but I won't be buying any more skates for quite some time although I saw the One/95's in the shop the other day and I must say I was impressed. The Vapors and the Grafs are my main blades right now. I'll keep the others because my son will probably be able to use them in about three to four years ,at the rate he's growing ,and save some coin on his skates. He loves Eastons.

wow guys, as a twenty one year old and ten year veteran of the worlds greatest sport, i thought i was different until i discovered MSH, but then i just realized that i have finally found home

Well, i am not a gear whore, i only buy gear when it is needed, so when palms wear out, or skates break down, ive been on the same skate for 2 years now...

Oh and the reason is that here down under, gear is just way to expensive, now if i was in America, that would be a whole different story haha

Yes, I'm willing to bet at least ninty percent of us on this site are gear whores in one respect or another. Hey, a least there's a common interest and appreciation for the efforts of the equipment designers and manufacturers. It's great to be able to compare and socialize about the things we enjoy. Kudos to us all!

im so jealous of everybody that lives in the US! in switzerland, i can hardly buy anything because of the prices... i got half of my equipment through my dads connections, which never hurts. hes probably just as big of gear whore as me. he has 9k and xxx skates, like 2 pair of 4 rolls in 2 different colours, a pair of vaugn gloves a one 90 and a vapor xxx lite... and hes a coach!

Europe is an alright place to live. Standard of living is fairly good but you have to pay for it. I understand where your coming from though, I lived in the Netherlands for two years and cursed about the price of things, even the necessities in life. It's the reason I came back to Canada even though I was born over there. No real interest of going back unless its for a short vacation but never to live.

I don't have an addiction per se, but I do like trying out things like cages and visors and other small ticket items. If I don't like them, then I eBay them or give them away.

Never been one to have multiple sets of skates, gloves, helmets, etc. I hate breaking in new stuff.

I just calculated this stuff. Since on Modsquad, I have looked 90% better than I did before. I have spent about 350.00, and sold about 230.00 worth, so it evens out almost anyway

ever since ive been looking at this site ive picked up a bunch more gear. now i have 2 helmet/visor combos, around 10 sticks, 3 pairs of gloves. and other un needed stuff im sure. but theres nothing id rather spend my money on

most of my stuff i try to get for cheap and hang onto them for a while, but i am always down for a cheap rh stick to add to my collection. oddly enough im going through a ccm/rbk phase (7v, 7k prolite, v130) even though i was never really a fan of their previous stuff.

I just calculated this stuff. Since on Modsquad, I have looked 90% better than I did before. I have spent about 350.00, and sold about 230.00 worth, so it evens out almost anyway

If you've spent $350 on MSH, does that make me 4-5 times worse? :P

I've spent quite a fair bit, but have gotten rid of most of the gear I dont need or fit well. I envy you guys who have a good LHS nearby where you can try stuff out. Nothing here that would be considered a good LHS, or even a LHS for that matter.

If you've spent $350 on MSH, does that make me 4-5 times worse? :P

I've spent quite a fair bit, but have gotten rid of most of the gear I dont need or fit well. I envy you guys who have a good LHS nearby where you can try stuff out. Nothing here that would be considered a good LHS, or even a LHS for that matter.

Ya, but you have a few years/posts on me!

Haven't seen any posts from dads yet. It can get worse as there is no guilt we get when spending on ouselves. My son was looking at Jr One90 and XXXX twigs last week-trying to decide which one to request for his bday. I grabbed both and took them to the cash-would never mention that story anywhere but here.

Didnt realise we were talking about ALL the gear... only posted what was my own, and not including my son's stuff.

Ya, but you have a few years/posts on me!.

true true... I use most of my stuff for a few sessions before moving onto something else, unless I really like the feel of that piece of equipment. Most of the things I change would be skates and sticks. I've still got my ol' CCM H2 from years ago, and still use the same shin pads from about 4 years back.

Most of the gear that I dont really like using I just sell off to my team mates or give it to some of the kids around here. Some of the guys on my team tell me I should open my own store, but the logitics and all the hassle just doesnt get me excited.

1k post.

Gloves are my weakness....I love trying different pairs of gloves.

I hate gloves once the palm starts getting stiff and crusty, that's when it is time for a couple new pair. I have actually downsized quite a bit and only have several backups of things I actualy use, like my R2XN10s.

Sometimes, I find myself driving by LHS's that aren't even on the way home

I do that all the time. lol