Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I never tried the Superfeet, but I have a Medium arch and bought the CCM medium arch insoles and LOVE them. Yes, they are a bit pricey around $50, but as some has said, can you really put a price on good comfort/support? I liked them so much I bought another pair for my roller hockey skates. Just make sure you figure out why type of arch you have before you buy. The method I used was to wet the bottom of your foot then slowly walk over a piece of newspaper or cardboard, then you can see what kind of arch you have by looking at the imprint.

Should you have your superfeet insoles in when you're heat molding brand new skates?

usually what people do is take out the stock foot bed then put the skates in the oven after the skates come out of the oven you then put the super feet in and lace up.

I have super flat feet with very low arches, and instead of going the retail route, I had a pediatrist custom form me insoles. They have a composite bottom, with minimal padding and if I recall correctly my insurance footed most of the bill -- Pun unintended.

Should you have your superfeet insoles in when you're heat molding brand new skates?

You will find varied opinions on that, and it depends on if the heat will impact the form/fit/life of the insole or affect its intended purpose in any way. Personally I have always had mine in the skate when I baked them, and removed the stock insole prior to baking as well just because I want the skate to mold to how my foot fits with the insole as opposed to molding to my flat feet and having the rest of the boot molded to be out of whack after I put them in.

But I also have horrible pressure points on the middle bottom of both feet in my APX skates every now and again still too.... so Its all relative really... haha

Tried out the skates with superfeet at public skate, and for the first 8 laps or so, they were great. Then, very quickly, everything fell apart again. Lots of pain across both arches despite keeping them relatively loose up front.

I'm not sure where I saw someone suggest this, but I definitely read it on an MSH forum. Given the floaty feel that I have in the front of my foot, my next move is going to be cutting the front half off two old insoles and putting them under the superfeet. My flys have a bit of a sloped outsole to them, and I think building up the front from the inside might be the way to deal with this. I'll report back with my findings.

Would like to to hear what kind of mileage others are getting from theirs.

I wore out my custom FootBalance insoles after about 1.5 years. I knew they were finished because the big toe on my longer foot was now touching the front of the boot and had become quite painful.

Mid-October 2013 decided to try Superfeet.They raised my arches and the pain vanished.

Now about mid February I noticed that toe starting to touch the cap again, and that the boots suddenly felt tighter and yet wobbly. (I never re-baked after switching--I know I should have done.) Also played a game where I felt like I was wearing someone else's skates--nothing went right. I suspected the soles were breaking down and that my foot was "sinking" down again, so bought a new pair of Superfeet, switched them in, and voila--the fit felt "right" again and I played a very nice game--several breakaways from D and one forward joked later that he could not keep up.

So basically, it seems I got about four and a half months out of that pair of Superfeet. While I am totally happy with what they do, I'm a little surprised. I was hoping for at least six months, or maybe even a year. They cost $40 + tax a pair where I live.

Also, strangely, the old pair did not _look_ worn, The arch part was still solid and springy.The fabric and foam looked like new, just a little darker.

I weigh about 220 and skate an average of four times per week.

So was this a reasonable lifespan for the Superfeet?

Have had mine in my boots for a year now, on the ice four times a weeks too, they feel just like they did day 1. I weigh about 165 pounds. I also didn't rebake my current skates when I put them in, but they felt fine. I'm planning on a pair of MX3's and will do the first bake with the superfeet in this time.

I've had a pair of yellows for 2 years probably at least 250 ice times and they're still solid. They look rancid but I take them out after every ice time obviously and they're still going strong.

Skating 4 x a week, did you pull them out every time to dry or leave them in the boots to sponge up the salt soaked sweat?

I leave them in. But they don't get soaked--my feet barely sweat. It all comes pouring out at the top end.

I've had the yellows in since Oct 2013 and used them all season, typically 4-5 times a week. I don't pull them out after every skate, but I do air out all my gear with a fan religiously. They seem as good as new.

I have had the old Grey ones for about 7-8years and they are still like new. By the way, I am on the ice 10-15hrs per week reffing and playing. I take them out of my skates to dry.

I ordered some superfeet insoles because my new skates have been murdering my feet. I haven't baked them yet and was just wondering, should I bake the skates with the superfeet in them? I'm assuming yes, but just wanted some more info to make sure.

So when I purchased my two pairs of skates from icewarehouse to try fit out, I hastily ordered yellow superfeet following their generic sizing guidelines (silly me..I know that doesn't work for my foot). I had this issue when I was trying to get the green version for my workout/work shoes, and ended up having to purchase multiple sizes and return them etc (thanks Amazon for the awesome free returns lol). They then came out with (or I found out about) the "wide" green superfeet which seemed to fit my foot on the actual sizing chart they provide.

This obviously isn't the case for the yellows - they seem to fit more like the generic green/other colored superfeet so I am not really sure what size to go with and was wondering if anyone else with wide feet has tried sizing based off the other colors of superfeet (they carry green/black/blue at Dicks sporting goods near me). They say I should be in a C (what I ordered and have already) but my entire foot muffin tops the insole. From memory it was very hard for me to differentiate between the D and E being appropriate heel wise for me.

If anyone has a D or E size yellow and could measure the heel width for me, i'd highly appreciate it..or if someone has similar sized feet and fits in one of the sizes i'd love to hear from you lol. I am a 7 4E in new balance.

with the yellows you may need to move up a size for a wider heel. with those insoles you fit to heel size and if youre muffin topping it may be a size too small, at the same time you shouldnt be too small as your heel sits in the middle with room on either side.

Do you buy these based on the slate size or your foot size? I wear a size 11 shoe and a size 10 skate.

Are these the goto footbeds? I need new ones.

Do you buy these based on the slate size or your foot size? I wear a size 11 shoe and a size 10 skate.

Are these the goto footbeds? I need new ones.

It's shoe size, but rarely does it really fit your foot. You want the heel to fit you properly, and most times that means going up a size from what they say is proper for you based on shoe size, hence why I made this post as I am pretty sure I need 2 sizes bigger then my shoe length recommendation because of my heel width.