Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I've had skate issues as my feet are blocky and wide and have a high arch. I feel like I finally found my skate but the remaining problem seems to lie in the footbed. My feet just get sore over time almost as if I was standing still on concrete for hours(My sessions are usually hours long) and Its because of the thin footbed along with the composite sole. Now I have not gotten any insoles other than the standard issue insoles and from reviews and such, superfeet seem to be the best route. I just wonder if I have my blinders on and what makes them so widely liked as visually they seem....like nothing special. Is superfeet really the top dog or am I being oblivious to what else is on the market?

So I've had skate issues as my feet are blocky and wide and have a high arch. I feel like I finally found my skate but the remaining problem seems to lie in the footbed. My feet just get sore over time almost as if I was standing still on concrete for hours(My sessions are usually hours long) and Its because of the thin footbed along with the composite sole. Now I have not gotten any insoles other than the standard issue insoles and from reviews and such, superfeet seem to be the best route. I just wonder if I have my blinders on and what makes them so widely liked as visually they seem....like nothing special. Is superfeet really the top dog or am I being oblivious to what else is on the market?

I've had superfeet in my TotalOnes for a year now and I'm extremely happy with them. Luckily they fit my feet great, meaning it's just right for my arch and it cups my heel correctly. But superfeet are NOT the best. The best insoles are ones that fit your feet properly. For example, if you do in fact have a high arch then superfeet yellow may not be right for you. I would suggest trying on the 3 (low arch, medium arch, and high arch) CCM insoles as well.

I have to agree that the ones that are the best are the ones that fit you best. I haven't used superfeet but I do use the ccm ones. If u can I would take your skates to your lhs, they usually have some on hand that you can try in your skates. You obviously won't be able to skate with them but you can try the different sizes and walk around in them. I started with the medium arch ones and immediately I knew they were to high for my arch because I could feel the pressure of the padding on my foot. As soon as I tried on the low arch onesiI knew they were perfect for me. I could feel it supporting my arch but there was no extra pressure from the pad. Now my only complaint is that didn't try them sooner

I used Superfeet yellow for about a year and found that they were okay. They helped with foot fatigue more than anything else, but after I took them out, I didn't notice a huge difference. Sounds like your problem might be more the firmness of the boot, as opposed to heel/arch support. Maybe you should consider a softer footbed with more cushioning like Shock Doctor?

I've got Superfeet yellows in my Nexus boots and I've been really happy with them. My arch has fallen over the years, so the superfeet provided a better profile and support.

For the money, they are worth a shot in my opinion. Worst case, they don't work for you and you move on to try something else.

Been wearing SuperFeet yellow for a few years now. I have to say I love them. I have gone from having one pair for my skates, to now having a pair in my skates that I move from pair to pair, a pair in whatever sneakers I'm wearing and I started wearing them in my golf shoes.

I had a similar problem with my arch falling and i have definitely felt that they have helped.

The super feet are great, but I would honestly suggest simply upgrading from stock, even if that means a slightly lower end on, like an Elite hockey footbed. SuperFeet or going up to the CCM custom insoles are great too. Personally I think it is a worthwhile upgrade. I've had less pain issues in breaking in skates. I also have a bad knee and have seemed to have less issues with it acting up when wearing some sort of footbed support. Theres a to of upside as far as posture, body alignment and proper skating stance

Been wearing SuperFeet yellow for a few years now. I have to say I love them. I have gone from having one pair for my skates, to now having a pair in my skates that I move from pair to pair, a pair in whatever sneakers I'm wearing and I started wearing them in my golf shoes.

I had a similar problem with my arch falling and i have definitely felt that they have helped.

The super feet are great, but I would honestly suggest simply upgrading from stock, even if that means a slightly lower end on, like an Elite hockey footbed. SuperFeet or going up to the CCM custom insoles are great too. Personally I think it is a worthwhile upgrade. I've had less pain issues in breaking in skates. I also have a bad knee and have seemed to have less issues with it acting up when wearing some sort of footbed support. Theres a to of upside as far as posture, body alignment and proper skating stance

They have super feet for all types of footwear, maybe since they helped you so much you may want to check out their other offerings.

The thing i've noticed from trying multiple types of insoles for skates/shoes/etc is that you really want to stay away from gel-like insoles, and the superfeet company does a good job explaining why with their marketing. They of course make specific arch support insoles and what not, but the real magic of getting a good insole is that it makes you walk more naturally and displace your weight in a fluid motion (we're assuming you are wearing a near perfect fitting insole). In my case I pronate, so running and various forms of cardio just end up abusing my feet towards my big toe and ball of my foot. With something like superfeet green in my shoes, it's much less painful and I can run longer etc with a solid pattern to my footsteps rather then my ankles rolling around and being sloppy like I am without the insole.

Another good example for insoles and just foot foundation support would be olympic lifters using "olympic weight lifting shoes" which mimic the effect (somewhat) of a superfeet-like insole and they provide a hard surface for the foot to cradle into, so you don't roll your ankles etc and lose energy transfer from your heels as you push through squats and other exercises - you simply want a solid platform that your foot is in contact with so your foot doesn't mold into a gel like insole or a footbed that is forgiving because you'll end up with your foot in an angled position which could lead to ankle injury etc.

All that aside, whatever insole you do try/use make sure the volume of it doesn't put you at risk for lace-bite and just general pressure from the skate, it could be "slim fitting/low volume" but it might just be enough volume to make your foot sit in the skate in a scrunched position and feel okay at first, but then when you skate you may end up with the same foot pain or worse from the pressure build up.

I've seen mentions of people getting custom-molded insoles, and personally i'd love to have some..I am not aware of anywhere near me that does anything related so the best I get is to use the dr. scholls machines in walmart to measure my arch (or do the water/step on paper test) and then try and order/purchase insoles til they seem to match my foot. You might have somewhere local that could do this for you, and it would be your absolute best bet because going by eye rarely tends to work out for us LOL.

http://www.camberwellroadpodiatry.com.au/excess-foot-pronation - pretty good visual explanation of what a good insole will do for your foot.

Tried carbon and green, just liked the yellow best even in other footwear so I stuck with them.

I havnt tried any of the other ones but used the yellows in my work boots for a while so if it works it works.

Are they the best at what they do (which is heel stabilization, not arch support)? Yes.

If you're looking for arch support or whatever other issue you're trying to fix, there are plenty of other contending brands in that space.

Are they the best at what they do (which is heel stabilization, not arch support)? Yes.

If you're looking for arch support or whatever other issue you're trying to fix, there are plenty of other contending brands in that space.

Other than the CCM's, what has both heel stabilization AND arch support?

I used Superfeet yellow for about a year and found that they were okay. They helped with foot fatigue more than anything else, but after I took them out, I didn't notice a huge difference. Sounds like your problem might be more the firmness of the boot, as opposed to heel/arch support. Maybe you should consider a softer footbed with more cushioning like Shock Doctor?

Does shock doctor still give Arch support and heel stability?

The thing i've noticed from trying multiple types of insoles for skates/shoes/etc is that you really want to stay away from gel-like insoles, and the superfeet company does a good job explaining why with their marketing. They of course make specific arch support insoles and what not, but the real magic of getting a good insole is that it makes you walk more naturally and displace your weight in a fluid motion (we're assuming you are wearing a near perfect fitting insole). In my case I pronate, so running and various forms of cardio just end up abusing my feet towards my big toe and ball of my foot. With something like superfeet green in my shoes, it's much less painful and I can run longer etc with a solid pattern to my footsteps rather then my ankles rolling around and being sloppy like I am without the insole.

Another good example for insoles and just foot foundation support would be olympic lifters using "olympic weight lifting shoes" which mimic the effect (somewhat) of a superfeet-like insole and they provide a hard surface for the foot to cradle into, so you don't roll your ankles etc and lose energy transfer from your heels as you push through squats and other exercises - you simply want a solid platform that your foot is in contact with so your foot doesn't mold into a gel like insole or a footbed that is forgiving because you'll end up with your foot in an angled position which could lead to ankle injury etc.

All that aside, whatever insole you do try/use make sure the volume of it doesn't put you at risk for lace-bite and just general pressure from the skate, it could be "slim fitting/low volume" but it might just be enough volume to make your foot sit in the skate in a scrunched position and feel okay at first, but then when you skate you may end up with the same foot pain or worse from the pressure build up.

I've seen mentions of people getting custom-molded insoles, and personally i'd love to have some..I am not aware of anywhere near me that does anything related so the best I get is to use the dr. scholls machines in walmart to measure my arch (or do the water/step on paper test) and then try and order/purchase insoles til they seem to match my foot. You might have somewhere local that could do this for you, and it would be your absolute best bet because going by eye rarely tends to work out for us LOL.

http://www.camberwellroadpodiatry.com.au/excess-foot-pronation - pretty good visual explanation of what a good insole will do for your foot.

I couldn't imagine how much I would hate it if I had a problem with foot pronation. And I think I might have to go by eye myself :l

Sidas > *

The only reason everyone is not saying Sidas is because they are becoming hard to find. Sidas are heated to match your foot. They support the arch AND the ball of your foot. Super feet is a lot cheaper thou but if money is no object and we are looking at product alone Sidas destroys.

The only reason everyone is not saying Sidas is because they are becoming hard to find. Sidas are heated to match your foot. They support the arch AND the ball of your foot. Super feet is a lot cheaper thou but if money is no object and we are looking at product alone Sidas destroys.

Sidas > *

Which sidas though? I see multiple and idk what is best for skating

And I'm sitting here on the superfeet website and don't know which volume is best because I am able to take out my insole, yet someone said earlier a higher volume insole isn't good...this is confusing. Are the yellow superfeet still good for high arch support? I just want something that fits in my skates, maybe snugs up the fit a little, keeps my heel in place and supports my high arch

Ive been wearing Superfeet for about 8 years now. I wear the black ones in my Supremes. The great thing about Superfeet is that they have different insoles for different feet and needs.

And I'm sitting here on the superfeet website and don't know which volume is best because I am able to take out my insole, yet someone said earlier a higher volume insole isn't good...this is confusing. Are the yellow superfeet still good for high arch support? I just want something that fits in my skates, maybe snugs up the fit a little, keeps my heel in place and supports my high arch

The yellow is designed specifically for hockey skates..so it is a low volume insole, but comparing to the stock insole it will take up a good bit more volume (think piece of paper versus thin cardboard I guess). It will support your arch but that is the tricky part of the superfeet - the sizing is deceptive and very generic so you might be under the size 7-9 by their chart, but when you buy that size the arch on the insole won't align with your own arch and the heel might not be wide enough to cup around your heel itself so you really need a bigger size. Besides the "wide" green superfeet I always have to buy larger then by shoe size because I do have a wide heel, and a good bit of arch so I end up buying 2 sizes bigger most times (so if I am a C on their chart, I buy an E size).

Sports stores like Dicks tend to carry the other superfeet (not yellow) which I believe are the same sizing convention so you might be able to go there and try to find the best size and then order accordingly (unless a hockey shop carries the sizes and you can try them out).

Here's a link to the sizing of them : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfMRu3JI4Jk

Sidas > *

If I could find somewhere that does custom sidas, I'd have them. The stock sidas footbeds were meh at best, though.

i have zero problems with the footbed in my apx2 and i never get any foot issues and whatnot. Is there any reason to really switch to super feet, i hear tons of people rave about it but i hear people that aren't so happy. I just don't want to spend money on more stuff that may sit around.

i have zero problems with the footbed in my apx2 and i never get any foot issues and whatnot. Is there any reason to really switch to super feet, i hear tons of people rave about it but i hear people that aren't so happy. I just don't want to spend money on more stuff that may sit around.

If you're not trying to solve an issue, there's no point in wasting your money.

Well, they do offer their money back satisfaction guarantee (you may want to google and see if people are successful in returns, I haven't done that personally)..but frankly superfeet are only $35..if you can afford apx2's im sure you can afford $35 and potentially be happier with your skates/get more out of them if your feet are more in tune with the footbed, just my opinion of course.