Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastbrother7

Mission NME Nine-1 skate

But it's an issue with any skates of this type.

U+ are one of the worst skates ever out of the box. They're distinctively...formless. Most if not all trying them on "cold" will not buy them, or at least that's the way they are at my store.

Possibility here that there will be no NME skate if I am interpreting some of this right.

Then again...I have been up 24 hours already, so who really knows, but thats what I gathered.

Zach

To qoute JR's interview from the Bauer - Mission thread

MIH has developed new lines for 2009. Will those lines make it to retail in 2009?

We are currently examining how the two product lines can come together to produce the best possible product offering for our customers. That said, any ice hockey product delivered in spring of 2009 will be Bauer branded. Roller Hockey products will continue as planned.

So I guess these are going to run retail with the Bauer name attached? The flying B in place of the winged M on the side?

No. It would be a direct competitor to the ONE95 and there's no reason to have 3 top-end skates.

No. It would be a direct competitor to the ONE95 and there's no reason to have 3 top-end skates.

Is that really a big deal...it's all Bauer so they get coin anyway?

P&L sheets would say it's a big deal to have three top end skates. One of my LHS told me the Supreme series upper end skates don't move real well after all the issues the One90 had, but it could just be regional. The only reason to push the NME to production would be to replace either the Vapors (no chance in hell) or the Supremes (about as unlikely unless they are just bombing everywhere and the NME forecasts could meet or exceed Supreme sales numbers).

Would it be nice to see a rehash of Canstar days where there were three distinct skate lines? Sure, but today's market is vastly different and it's extremely unlikely.

Two skates that are promoting the same concept and pretty much identical in fit...

They lose money. For every ONE95 sold, one NME isn't sold, and vice versa.

Would it be nice to see a rehash of Canstar days where there were three distinct skate lines? Sure, but today's market is vastly different and it's extremely unlikely.

Would work if the skates are totally different - Bauer had the Supreme with the technology, Daoust was essentially old-school and well, Lange...you know.

Two skates that are promoting the same concept and pretty much identical in fit...

They lose money. For every ONE95 sold, one NME isn't sold, and vice versa.

Would work if the skates are totally different - Bauer had the Supreme with the technology, Daoust was essentially old-school and well, Lange...you know.

Well with the whole AG/AGX concept they could have a third line, but retail numbers trump all. Granted a Bauer branded AGX would move much better from name recognition, but again doubtful.

Bauer, Daoust, Micron and Lange=> Vapor, Supreme, AG. wishful thinking for most Mission fans I suppose.

Mission skates actually sell pretty well in my shop.

They provide a great quality skate at the price point they are placed at. That and the fact that they fit a certain foot type that other skate brands don't fit so well at in the price range.

Forgot about Micron. Whoops.

Listen, I'm with you guys. I've loved the SuppleFit (screw that AG shit, let's get it right) concept from the start. But when you look at one company having three lines of skates, where do they price it?

Do you put it in direct competition with your other skate? No - because that kills one of your skate sales, plus the cost of marketing both skates

Do you make it a lone wolf and put it at that weird price point where there's no competition? Like a $379, $459, a $529? No - because you need distinct competition (whether it is brand or style or spec) or the ability to prove that it is better than the skate $25 above and below it, which in all likelihood will be one of your other skate brands. So, right there, you're devaluing skates on both sides of the price point.

And I'm sure that someone's going to be that guy and throw Graf into this equation - so I'll nip that one real quick. Yes - distinct fits. That's a way to do it. But at the end of the day, does a dealer buy Bauer skates in every model? Yes. Does a dealer buy Graf skates in every model? No. Nothing to do with price and everything to do with cuts. As a buyer, you can forecast price points - can't necessarily forecast the EXACT type of feet your customers have.

So, there were obviously a bunch of these things made though.

Is there anyway to get my hands on a pair?

There was a testing program and you may just see those people keep them. However, other than that and pro, there couldn't be that many made.

I'll be skating in my New NME's tomorrow afternoon,Looking forward to it,I had them baked Sat afternoon.Let them sit for over 24hrs now.and just put them on here at home,they feel great.Can't wait to try them on the ice !!

If you guys ask JR,I sent him pics of my new NME's plus my new mitt's.If you ask him nicely he might post a couple pic's of the skates to show them for everyone.I don't mind.But its up to him and he's a busy fellow !!

i have them too. they are exactly like the pic on the first page.

just makes me upset that bauer bought them out...they were really onto something good with this skate--also im eventually going to need new steel and ill have to put tuuks on or something

ringer Posted Today, 12:35 PM

im eventually going to need new steel and ill have to put tuuks on or something

Or you can buy closeout Mission or KOR skates with the same holder size and grab extra steel and holders...you can often find them for less than it would cost for the steel alone. For example I saw the KOR Gear Carbon's on ebay starting from $49US with a $59 buy it now price and believe they're $69 on hockeygiant. You can also find good deals on lower and mid-end mission skates. I also think I read in another thread about a shop getting in steel to close out, but I didn't bother to search to find it - the point is if you act now you can probably stock up on some extra Pitch steel and holders. I've given it some thought myself since I use KORs with Mission holders, however; I probably have enough extra holders and steel already between my old skates and the holders and steel I've taken off Mission skates I converted for Roller.