Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

2008 Beijing Olympics Thread

Well played by Phelps. The guy in the next lane didn't have enough space to make another stroke, Phelps had just enough to finish hard to the wall. Other guy coasted, Phelps touched him out. Excellent choice by Phelps to make another stroke, only way he could've pulled it off.

Phelps said he made the stroke because he thought he had lost it, if he felt like he was going to win he would have finished like the guy next to him. He was just trying to make the podium. All of the greats have lots of dedication, lots of talent, lots of ability and lots of luck.

New 100m WR, Usain Bolt.

He pulled up at 75-80m....that could have been ridiculous fast...he said on CBC after..."better to beat it small than big...so I can beat it again" (or something like that...)

A 9.5 hundred is coming kids...soon!

I believe he is also running in the 200 meters, so I assume he was joking about saving time for a future world record. It's more likely he's conserving energy.

New 100m WR, Usain Bolt.

He pulled up at 75-80m....that could have been ridiculous fast...he said on CBC after..."better to beat it small than big...so I can beat it again" (or something like that...)

A 9.5 hundred is coming kids...soon!

Amazing that even while slowing up, there was a greater difference (.2 seconds) between Bolt and Thompson in 2nd place than there was between Thompson and the rest of the racers. (.14 seconds).

So, will Phelps swim in London...? And if so...how many events?

He said he would swim in London, but not as many events as this year. I don't think he likes the 400 IM all that much and I don't really blame him. That is a tough race. So really he might be able to add 5 or so more golds to his total before he is done... not bad

Although Michael Phepls had a truly monumental Olympics, I'd still rather have Lawrence Lemieux represent what a country stands for. Medals don't mmean everything.

Two things:

1. Out of curiosity, can a swimmer touch the wall with his hand out of the water?

2. Whats with the weird place ment of tape ive seen on some athletes? Is it like a Phiten/aqua titanium thing?

Two things:

1. Out of curiosity, can a swimmer touch the wall with his hand out of the water?

2. Whats with the weird place ment of tape ive seen on some athletes? Is it like a Phiten/aqua titanium thing?

Kinesio taping is a method that is used to provide support to joints/muscles but not limit range of motion. That's what that tape is.

Did anybody else catch the womens Taekwondo match between Canada and Sweden? Easiestly the worst thing/"sport" I've seen on T.V. All they do is hop around, attempt a few kicks and after each kick they scream? Anyways, Canada ended up losing 2-0 and felt they got screwed over by the judges so they filed an appeal.

Did anybody else catch the womens Taekwondo match between Canada and Sweden? Easiestly the worst thing/"sport" I've seen on T.V. All they do is hop around, attempt a few kicks and after each kick they scream? Anyways, Canada ended up losing 2-0 and felt they got screwed over by the judges so they filed an appeal.

I agree, it was really bad. While they are hopping, they also switch from right-handed to left-handed and back again. I saw it while watching the BMX competition.