Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2008-09 Gear Sightings

look at post #349, the top pic with kovy. look at the skate that doesnt belong to him. is that an 08 9k in white, or is that the 6k? just curious if a pro would be wearing the 9k or if its one of the marketing things that warrior used showing off the entire line. anyone know?

Samuelsson had them taped like that during the playoffs last year too...

Sammy's taped his wrists for the vast majority of his career, to various extents. He actually tends to have more confidence in his shot when he's got half a roll of shin guard tape on those wrists, for whatever reason...

did any1 else notice the beefier cut on langs tendon guard-ankle on his one95's? any particular reason anyone can think of for him doing/preferring it?

look at post #349, the top pic with kovy. look at the skate that doesnt belong to him. is that an 08 9k in white, or is that the 6k? just curious if a pro would be wearing the 9k or if its one of the marketing things that warrior used showing off the entire line. anyone know?

did you mean reebook? cause that is most likely just a new white 9K. like the ones antropov had last year.

did any1 else notice the beefier cut on langs tendon guard-ankle on his one95's? any particular reason anyone can think of for him doing/preferring it?

only thing that comes to my mind is his ankles probably don't fill up the stock tendon guard on the stock skate completely.. so they made it a little beefier?

Samuelsson had them taped like that during the playoffs last year too...

Sammy's taped his wrists for the vast majority of his career, to various extents. He actually tends to have more confidence in his shot when he's got half a roll of shin guard tape on those wrists, for whatever reason...

I held a pair of his XXX gloves that were taped up like that. Looked like he wanted the cuff flare toned down. There was a lot more flex in the cuff than what I thought there should be as well, so he might have some mod to be reminiscent of the older Easton gloves with wrist-wraps. The palms were absolutely trashed, too.

For being listed at 6'2 the guy wears 13" gloves. It was really weird wearing them.

Good pic of the front of the new Mission lid on Hossa in that album with Samuelsson.

With black tongues down like that...I'm guessing it's Hamrlik's foot. He wore White 9k's last year...Those look like the new 7k...I didn't think the new 9k's had a white version did they?

With black tongues down like that...I'm guessing it's Hamrlik's foot. He wore White 9k's last year...Those look like the new 7k...I didn't think the new 9k's had a white version did they?

At pro, yes.

Saw Modano skating in "Warrior" gloves on a GX9500 styled platform.

They were making a glove for him late last season, looks like he's wearing it now.

At pro, yes.

Oh, okay...exact model not withstanding...pretty sure it's Hamr.

Goin up to TC for trainin camp in a couple hours...Front Row tickets ;) Should be able to get some good pics.

Nice. My dad looked at me like I was crazy when I asked to make the trip.

I remember JR did some custom One90's that had that tendon guard. They were for a real big guy. Lang's pretty big too. It's most likely for durability reasons. I think everyone found the One90 tendon guard to be pretty flimsy.

Back from Wings Camp... Not a whole lot to report that we didn't already know or have pics of. First thing I DID notice, Chelios is now wearing Grafs. Pavel had the O8O, and the only one with new lid and gloves with updated logos. Everything else pretty standard dispersal of EQ.

09-22-08_1725.jpg

09-22-08_1823.jpg

09-22-08_1953.jpg

09-22-08_1956.jpg

And Shootout Vids (hope they work)

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc254/w...-22-08_1935.flv

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc254/w...-22-08_1936.flv

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc254/w...-22-08_1934.flv

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc254/w...-22-08_1933.flv

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc254/w...-22-08_1931.flv