Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

habsfan87

08-09 Montreal Canadiens Thread

You never know! I know they wanted Markov though...but Schneider and him just started owning the PP's.

I took next Wednesday off from work. Drive my son to daycare, get home, take the laptop in front of the tv and just watch tsn until my eyes burn. Can't wait! :D

You never know! I know they wanted Markov though...but Schneider and him just started owning the PP's.

I took next Wednesday off from work. Drive my son to daycare, get home, take the laptop in front of the tv and just watch tsn until my eyes burn. Can't wait! :D

My boss and I have a great understanding of Trade Deadline Day. My productivity will be shit, and he seems to accept this for one day per year.

Ordinarily, I'm glued to the web on deadline day but I just don't feel it this year. Outside of the Vinny sweepstakes, I don't see many, if any, big names getting shuffled around. There aren't a lot of names getting bandied about. Something is going to have to come out of left field like the Thornton deal to make the day interesting but I just don't see it happening.

My boss and I have a great understanding of Trade Deadline Day. My productivity will be shit, and he seems to accept this for one day per year.

haha working for the Federal Government, our productivity is always shit ;)

Tanguay will see the Doc after practice tomorrow and could be cleared to play as soon as tomorrow night. If not, most likely returning this weekend.

(Source: at the end of the Carey Price video on tsn.ca)

Why don't they let Laraque play all the time? I think he's a pretty good 4th line checker/grinder. It's not like he eats up the minutes being on the 4th line, and he seems to get some energy going when he gets out and starts banging into people.

On another note, I was just reading on TSN that Begin got traded to the stars for Doug Janik (defenseman) and Dandenault has asked to be traded.

Gainey has said that the best thing he's done since he's been GM in Montreal is hire Carbo....he should change that and say the best thing he's done is the 2 game benching of Kovalev...he's been ridiculous since he came back.

3 more pts (1G 2A) tonight.

Interesting quote from Carey in the G&M the other day:

Price, whose own struggles have mirrored his team's, insisted he feels even more motivated.

Asked before the game what he's learned during the recent period of torment — Price is among a group of players who are alleged to spend too much time on off-ice socializing — the 21-year-old was candid.

"My dad always says your sins will sort you out … evidently they did," Price said.

Article ---> http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/...ortsHockey/home

They're saying that Guerin is probably headed to montreal and will announce it this morning...don't know what to think of this...I've never really been a big Guerin fan. We'll see if it's true I guess some time today...and who they'll have to give up for him. <_<

Habs21 Posted Today, 10:41 AM

They're saying that Guerin is probably headed to montreal and will announce it this morning...don't know what to think of this...I've never really been a big Guerin fan. We'll see if it's true I guess some time today...and who they'll have to give up for him.

I hope that's not true...Guerin is definitely past his prime. I was hoping they'd pick up one of the other forwards rumoured to be on the move like Hejduk or Jokinen.

Guerin could be a could pick up if they are going to have a playoff run because he is a veteran presence who has a lot of experience, even though he is past his prime he can still be effective in a playoff situation. And althoma1 you will have to give up a lot more if you are trying to get Hejduk or Jokinen rather then trying to get Bill Guerin.

Another great trade deadline by Gainey...

He should be fired in my opinion, he does absolutely nothing every trade deadline since he has been in Montreal. Even though there was not a lot of trades made today but there are a lot of players on Montreal i think could have been shipped out. Personally with the team they have now i cannot see them making it far in the playoffs.

Another great trade deadline by Gainey...

He should be fired in my opinion, he does absolutely nothing every trade deadline since he has been in Montreal. Even though there was not a lot of trades made today but there are a lot of players on Montreal i think could have been shipped out. Personally with the team they have now i cannot see them making it far in the playoffs.

Montreal is all-in for this year, he could not move anyone out.

Bob said they wanted a puck moving D-Man and a Scoring Forward at the deadline.

But:

They added Mathieu Schneider (puck moving D-Man) who has been AWESOME since he got there...PP is clicking like crazy with him back there.

Got Glen Metropolit for nothing, who is an upgrade on Chipchura & Begin (I am a BIG Begin fan too).

They get Alex Tanguay (Scoring Forward) back on Friday...he hasn't played since Dec....it's going to be like a new acquisition.

Add to that,

Kovalev appears to have come back from his 2 game exile with renewed spirit/productivity.

Halak has been great, and I doubt Carey's slump lasts forever.

Once Jokinen was off the board...who were they really going to get that fit their needs/wants.

I'd still like to see Roberts come if he goes to re-entry.

But, sometimes the best moves are ones you don't make.

i turned on the tv at 930 last night to 4-0, turned it right back off...was this Carey's gaff? (didnt see highlights) or what happened here.

i turned on the tv at 930 last night to 4-0, turned it right back off...was this Carey's gaff? (didnt see highlights) or what happened here.

First 2 he had no real chance on....

3rd he should've had...

4 & 5...by that point...why place blame at all.

They outshot and really out played them for 15 minutes in the first....they were all over them 18-6 (or something) shots. They just couldn't score. That was the best I've ever seen Lalime play, anywhere.

Bob said they wanted a puck moving D-Man and a Scoring Forward at the deadline.

But:

They added Mathieu Schneider (puck moving D-Man) who has been AWESOME since he got there...PP is clicking like crazy with him back there.

Got Glen Metropolit for nothing, who is an upgrade on Chipchura & Begin (I am a BIG Begin fan too).

They get Alex Tanguay (Scoring Forward) back on Friday...he hasn't played since Dec....it's going to be like a new acquisition.

Add to that,

Kovalev appears to have come back from his 2 game exile with renewed spirit/productivity.

Halak has been great, and I doubt Carey's slump lasts forever.

Once Jokinen was off the board...who were they really going to get that fit their needs/wants.

I'd still like to see Roberts come if he goes to re-entry.

But, sometimes the best moves are ones you don't make.

Kovalev will quit again. The embarrassment of the 2 game "suspension" will wear off soon enough and he'll be back to the lackluster effort we've gotten used to this season, and many others.

^^^

Well so much for that!

I went to the Bulldogs game tonight (2-0 win...yeah!) then out to see a band..so all I saw was highlights on a small TV from across a bar.

Did they at least look decent in the loss?

ANYTHING positive to build on????????

Radio they lost to Atlanta, there are no positives!

How is Sergei looking in Hamilton? heard he started off very slowly.

You don't built a winning team on the trade deadline day.

Fire Gainey because he doesn't move on that day? What are you thinking mate?

I don't expect him to build a winning team on trade deadline day i was just hoping for a few upgrades.