Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

habsfan87

08-09 Montreal Canadiens Thread

Latest I've heard is that the Kosistyns and Hamrlik have been linked to some big time drug dealer. There has got to be more to the story, or else this is completely overblown.

Latest I've heard is that the Kosistyns and Hamrlik have been linked to some big time drug dealer. There has got to be more to the story, or else this is completely overblown.

If that's true the stuff Sergei can get here won't be nearly as good as what he got in Montreal. I'm sure his play will suffer.

Humour...it's what I do to cope with shitty news.

This has to be the lamest gossip I've ever heard by the media. This shit has got to stop. WHO CARES if they know some mobster guy that just got caught for whatever it is he got caught for. It's not like the Kostitsyns hired him for a hit on someone. The guy can probably get them into places that they couldn't get into or whatever and hooked them up with some women. Fuck, if I was single and living the pro hockey player life, I'd certainly want those perks too.

As big a habs fan as I am, I'm getting fed up with their media and they're killing the passion I have for the team with these idiotic stories. Ridiculous.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=267916&lid...s=topStory_main

So, in less than 24h the story has gone from wild parties with blow and whores involving almost all the teams young stars...to a couple players and a drug dealer.

Could still be fairly serious for those 2 players...but...Nice job Montreal Media...what happened to not running a story until there is something to go on...they have a name for it....what's that again, oh yeah...FACTS.

So...here's my brief theory.

Sergei is the more involved (RDS names them rather than '2 players' that TSN uses). I've heard...mind you this was just from a girl I talked to in Montreal when I was there...that Sergei is big into the Montreal club scene, so drugs aren't that surprising. Andrei is looking out for kid brother and has been pulled into the whole thing...Sergei gets sent to Hamilton more to get him the hell out of town while everything blows up. Since he's gone AK has played much better...much like how Tucker's game improved when he wasn't having to 'babysit' Corson all the time in Toronto.

Not sure how the Kovalev benching fits in...but we'll see.

As I say...still potentially bad news for both Kosty's...and I hope there isnt' much more to this....and certainly not the drunken orgy-gangbang-blow induced-barfight story I thought I was going to read this morning.

The guy can probably get them into places that they couldn't get into...

I doubt there are any places in Montreal that a player can't get into on his own.

Still hearing rumblings that there is more to it, but that might just be people hoping there's more.

Sounds like the Kostitsyn's like a little snow every now and again. Caused some issues for the Senators recently, but I've heard it was larger than just 2 players in Ottawa.

Still hearing rumblings that there is more to it, but that might just be people hoping there's more.

Sounds like the Kostitsyn's like a little snow every now and again. Caused some issues for the Senators recently, but I've heard it was larger than just 2 players in Ottawa.

Listening to a guy on Team 990 right now...he's is comparing this to the "Three Amigos". Theodore, Ribeiro and Dagenais were notorious for their partying...he said "...they look like monks compared to what's happening now..."

He was talking how about back in the day...guys were out til 2-3am...and that was it...now, some guys don't go out til 2-3a...and get in around 9 in the morning.

Sounds like a tempest in a teapot on TSN. Just the Kostitsyns and Hamrlik are "tied" to this joker, and there are no allegations of wrongdoing.

well at least this would somewhat explain the teams implosion lately - the last thing a team needs when fighting for playoff spots are distractions.

this is horrible timing for all this stuff to be coming out.

Canadiens PC today at 2:00p to 'respond' to the stories. I suspent a big "No Comment" on the Kostitsyn/Hamrlik story and we'll be told that Alex is practicing this afternoon and will play tomorrow.

So many god gamn rumors circulating about the habs these days in Quebec, it's ridiculous. It's always "A friend of a friend" that has some inside scoop about what's "really" going down.

Things I've heard since last night:

-A bunch of Habs players are involved in a performance enhancing drug ring and the cops are waiting a few days before busting them (hahaha) - A friend of a friend works for the Quebec Provincial Police and that's where the info came from

-A few of the players were involved in a hit and run that killed a woman the night before going to Washington and they were supposely all drunk....

-A few of the players were going to get busted for coke (Price, Hamrlik, Sergei and Andrei)...I guess that one is the closest to the real story so far haha

-The younger guys were all really trashed and there was somesort of rape of gangbang or whatever and one of the girls was pressing charges

Jesus christ this is getting lame. No wonder no one wants to come play for the Habs...the media and fans are idiots (it's mostly the media that's feeding the fans with moronic gossip)

Let's just end this shit and go back to playing GOOD hockey by destroying the Sens tomorrow afternoon. Kovy's gonna have one hell of a game after sitting out a couple.

haha and I just got another email saying that there was a warrant signed and ready right now for the arrest of Lapierre, Price and the 2 Kostitsyns.

Geez :huh:

Canadiens PC today at 2:00p to 'respond' to the stories. I suspent a big "No Comment" on the Kostitsyn/Hamrlik story and we'll be told that Alex is practicing this afternoon and will play tomorrow.

Hmmm...no Presser yet. Practice ends around 3:30...hopefully there will be something then. Kovy is practicing with the team. (CJAD)

The one thing that I have continually heard about this that makes the brothers suspicious is how the dealer has a lot of their financial information. This makes it seem like they could possibly be financing some sort of activity. Leafs blinders off, this still seems like more of a case of a guy simply knowing a drug dealer. I don't doubt that most of us on here have known a drug dealer of some sorts at one time (whether we realize it or not), but the fact that they are linked closely and financially to this guy makes it much more suspicious.

I don't know, boys, but I think the speculation and allegations should be halted until something credible is out there. Otherwise, this board is no better than the tabloids that throw shit at the wall and hope something sticks.

I don't know, boys, but I think the speculation and allegations should be halted until something credible is out there. Otherwise, this board is no better than the tabloids that throw shit at the wall and hope something sticks.

I don't disagree with that, but its hard to not get involved when the media is hyping it up as they did. All I have left to say on the situation is that I doubt this is over.

I don't disagree with that, but its hard to not get involved when the media is hyping it up as they did. All I have left to say on the situation is that I doubt this is over.

Especially when the reports are mainstream (usually reliable) media.

Kovalev's return to the lineup:

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=410302

Kovalev decided to show up today. Already a goal and an assist in the first 5 minutes. Look at what he can do when he actually tries to play.

In game discussion can move to chat...no need to clutter threads with play by play.

well that was exactly the game they needed right there, Kovalev showed up and the focus wasn't on off ice activities. And not only did Kovy show up offensively, he was pretty darn good on the pk.

well that was exactly the game they needed right there, Kovalev showed up and the focus wasn't on off ice activities. And not only did Kovy show up offensively, he was pretty darn good on the pk.

I don't think I've ever been more relieved to see a regular season win than I was today. WAAAY to many shots given up though. Halak was great in the 3rd.

In Montreal there is a real "calm before the storm" feeling coming in from all sources. Montreal has be completely internal to this point when it came to their reaction to the Lightning and Vinny.

"That is about to end," a source confirmed...

"I would put the percentage of chance that Vinny ends up in Montreal at 65%," a source confirmed to me. and this source really ought to know....

hockeybuzz.com :P

hahaha I'll believe it when I see it!

We'll have Vinny but he won't have anyone to play with because we'll have to give up half the team.

In Montreal there is a real "calm before the storm" feeling coming in from all sources. Montreal has be completely internal to this point when it came to their reaction to the Lightning and Vinny.

"That is about to end," a source confirmed...

"I would put the percentage of chance that Vinny ends up in Montreal at 65%," a source confirmed to me. and this source really ought to know....

hockeybuzz.com :P

hahaha I'll believe it when I see it!

We'll have Vinny but he won't have anyone to play with because we'll have to give up half the team.

Or just the guys that have been in the news lately...call it a 'fresh start' for them...plus a draft pick or 2.

Andrei

Sergei

Hamr plus a 1 & 2 rounder

Hmmm...I wonder.