Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

habsfan87

08-09 Montreal Canadiens Thread

Radio they lost to Atlanta, there are no positives!

Yeah, I suppose...but having seen a bit more of it in replays and on NHLN...Carey looked fantastic. And Kari (ha...Carey and Kari) stole one for ATL. Shots were 26-25 (I think) so it's not like some of the previous games with 40-20/something

How is Sergei looking in Hamilton? heard he started off very slowly.

Better...got a Star the other night. Has made some nice plays...and seems a little more into the game. But, not what I hoped to see. I wanted to see him do what Grabovski did when he got sent down last year...he went on a TEAR and owned everyone they played for about 2 weeks.

You can tell Sergei COULD if he wanted to. He is faster, stronger and has a better shot than almost everyone...but it's a matter of effort and heart.

Obviously there was something going on. At least now the players won't be able to take a night off with Gainey behind the bench. Should give them a boost until the end of the season. They need a coach that's a bit more strict. Carbo seemed too easy going. Can't say I'm mad about this move because Carbo was driving me crazy all year with his god damn line changes every night. Let's see what happens tomorrow night against Edmonton!

wow this was very unexpected, I didn't see this coming at all. I'm not so sure this is the right move but hopefully it sparks the players i guess

The team has been unmotivated and playing well below par for a while now, but with so many unrestricted free agents at the end of the year I am not sure this is the best timing?

Heard on RDS that Russians around the league knew that the Habs' Russians had turned the switch off because of the coach. Kovalev most likely played a big role in this one.

Wow...just got back form the Canada-Italy WBC game and saw this....holy crap. I really didn't think Carbo would go unless Mr. Gillet fired him and Gainey together.

...fast forward...

Just watched Gainey's 9:00 video on TSN.ca....he is a fantastic speaker...I hope when he gets into the room he lays it out as calmly and clearly to the players. No need for tirades...or throwing water jugs around. If he gave a speech to the players that was anywhere near as eliquant (sp?) as his speech to the media...I'd be hard pressed to think any player wouldn't be willing to go to war for him.

I'd be hard pressed to think any player wouldn't be willing to go to war for him.

You're assuming that they're willing to go to war for anyone. I'm not sure you can make that assumption about everyone on that team.

I'd be hard pressed to think any player wouldn't be willing to go to war for him.

You're assuming that they're willing to go to war for anyone. I'm not sure you can make that assumption about everyone on that team.

I think he can inspire the uninspried is what I'm saying.

Any word on whether this was purely a change made because the team wasn't winning, or was there something else behind it?

Any word on whether this was purely a change made because the team wasn't winning, or was there something else behind it?

Watch Gainey's PC on tsn.ca. He lays it out pretty well. I'm sure there will be much speculation in Montreal Media about other things...but it seems strictly a change based on on ice results/effort (or lack thereof).

Watching the game vs Atlanta the other night with the little boys. The 5yr old who doesn't like the habs,(beacuse the 3yr is a fan) says to me "Dad, Atlanta tries alot harder than the Canadiens"

Carbo couldn't get these guys going anymore, 5th to 10th is so tight and they can't out play Atlanta(I know they have been good lately).

I don't think Ganey will get some guys going and the other 5 teams seem to be hungry to win down the stretch. Year 100 could end badly, I hope I am wrong.

Great 1st...Horrible 2nd. Great 3rd. AMAZING OT.

Price looks to have his confidence back.

Koivu is CLEARLY leading this team again.

Lines/players are being used in the proper situations.

The last 16 games are going to be interesting.

Where's Kovalev tonight?

nvm: Just read that he's sick.

Hopefully he's better for Saturday. They are going to need him if they want to beat Marty and the Devils and prevent the record from falling on Montreal ice.

Wow...just got back form the Canada-Italy WBC game and saw this....holy crap. I really didn't think Carbo would go unless Mr. Gillet fired him and Gainey together.

...fast forward...

Just watched Gainey's 9:00 video on TSN.ca....he is a fantastic speaker...I hope when he gets into the room he lays it out as calmly and clearly to the players. No need for tirades...or throwing water jugs around. If he gave a speech to the players that was anywhere near as eliquant (sp?) as his speech to the media...I'd be hard pressed to think any player wouldn't be willing to go to war for him.

If you were wearing a Habs jersey I think I might have seen you on TV.

...fast forward...

If you were wearing a Habs jersey I think I might have seen you on TV.

No, I was wearing a Team Canada jersey and was in the 500's.

Finally Gainey decided to put the jock on and give up the way to the ''passerrelle'' for Komi and AK46 hope they look how hard the other team works :P

A question I just posed on the Habs MB:

Here's the problem with the FIRE GAINEY people....

If Bob Friggin' Gainey who has played here, knows the pressure, speaks French, is a great communicator and an excellent hockey person...can't make it work in Montreal...who (of the available managers) is going to be able to????

To quote Barry Bonds...."names, names, names...give me names!!!!"

Saying 'Fire Gainey' is useless unless you have a possible (and realistic) replacement to offer up as well.

...thoughts from the minds at MSH???

I've always agreed with that mode of thinking Radio. When people clamor for change without fully knowing about the resulting alternative, good things usually don't follow...

I also agree with you Radio...there's only so much Gainey can do...would I have liked to see a big trade at the deadline? Of course...they were playing like shit and I find it was time for a shake up...but what team would have traded for players who have no heart at all and are all on their contract years? I wouldn't...

I've only missed 1 game on tv in the past 7 years (when my son was born...Chicago won that night) :P .....but right now, I just can't wait for the season to end so I can NOT waste my time watching guys that don't want to play. Except for Lapierre and Latendresse....Wow, coincidence that they are both French Canadians? I don't think so personally...this has probably been their dream from the day they started playing hockey (to play for the Habs), and they leave everything on the ice every single game. 3/4 of the players don't understand how much guys like us would kill to play on that team or even just work for the organization...there's just no passion anymore and it's getting pretty pathetic. Hard to convince most millionaires to have more heart I guess when they make the same amount of money whether they play well or not. :(

I think Markov is still playing hard and well. That 2nd goal seemed to deflate them tonight, though...