Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

habsfan87

08-09 Montreal Canadiens Thread

oh dear.. that was painful

Colorado MIGHT be winnable...but Vancouver, Washington and Pittsburgh to finish this trip. For get trying to add at the deadline...Saku Koivu, Mike Komisarek & Alex Kovalev will all be elsewhere else if this keeps up.

Pick up manny or thomas in the off season for a 2 year deal (id assume most of these top UFA tenders wanna long term contract though...) Let price get some rest and really train the kid. work his glove side. and kick out kovalev and get yourself a scorer who cares. You'll have a better shot in your 101th year and many more to come. Id hate to see the habs blow out all their picks, prospects and young talent for a shot at this one. SJ and Boston are just in a diff league this year.

The B's aren't going to let Thomas go but Fernandez will most likely be elsewhere next season.

oh dear.. that was painful

Colorado MIGHT be winnable...but Vancouver, Washington and Pittsburgh to finish this trip. For get trying to add at the deadline...Saku Koivu, Mike Komisarek & Alex Kovalev will all be elsewhere else if this keeps up.

I can't imagine there will be much of a market for Kovalev. Komisarek and Koivu would definitely generate interest but I doubt the Habs will dump another defenseman after letting so many others go over the last few years.

i was watching the highlights from last night, i don't remember who it was but that was dirty when the habs player kicked the feet out from under edmonton d-man. that should be a suspension

actually i just saw on tsn, they did suspend him for two games!

I've had the prediction made for tonight of 4-3 Habs in OT...by my boss...a HUGE Leafs fan. Seems reasonable to me...so I'm going with that as well.

How do you spell Schnide?!?!?!

Doesn't matter...."we're" off it *L*

You really think so Radio? I'd say far from it. I'm just hoping they can't keep it close when I watch them in Vancouver tonight. It didn't even feel like they won tonight, what were the shots in the last 2 periods? about 40-10 Avs?

I'm not 100% comfortable with this win, don't get me wrong they got it done but they allowed 48 shots in the process. I know it is TSN so who knows how credible it is, but I had never thought of Phoenix as far as availablility goes, but I think Morris would be a good fit on D, not sure if I see Jokinen leaving already though. But I still believe they need to make some changes

How do you spell Schnide?!?!?!

Doesn't matter...."we're" off it *L*

You really think so Radio? I'd say far from it. I'm just hoping they can't keep it close when I watch them in Vancouver tonight. It didn't even feel like they won tonight, what were the shots in the last 2 periods? about 40-10 Avs?

Ending the road losing streak gets them off it for a day. If they lose in Vancouver....they've lost 1 straight. Then, If they win in Washington...they are winners in 2 of 3....

Gotta stay Positive.

I felt the same way about the last win, didn't feel like a win, but when you're in a slump thats the kind of game you need, grind it out and hope your tender steals one for you. Anyone know who's starting tonight? It'd be hard pressed to put Price in after that performance but you know he's itching to get back in there.

I felt the same way about the last win, didn't feel like a win, but when you're in a slump thats the kind of game you need, grind it out and hope your tender steals one for you. Anyone know who's starting tonight? It'd be hard pressed to put Price in after that performance but you know he's itching to get back in there.

I heard Halak, but I'm not sure if that was just HNIC speculation...or confirmed by Carbo.

cool, thanks...It's a 50/50 thing with me, Halak deserves it but unless an injury is in fact hindering him, Price is probably pretty motivated and I can see a solid performance next time out

Mathieu Schneider to the Habs for a 2nd and 3rd round pick haha. Geez.

Those picks may hurt them down the road if they can't re-sign some of the free agents. Great pickup if you're just looking at this season though.

Those picks may hurt them down the road if they can't re-sign some of the free agents. Great pickup if you're just looking at this season though.

A second OR a third....but both???? I hope BG has something else in mind.

Weird. The D hasn't been the problem so much as the guys behind and in front of them.

For me, Markov is the key in this team. He needs his game back, he seems frustrated about something lately.

schneider should help him on the PP, markov goes back to the left side and can pass over for the one-timer

Komi/Markov

Scheinder/Hamr

Gorges/Dandy

Brisebois/Boullion

It actually looks pretty good to me.

O'Byrne back to Hamilton to clear the roster spot for Mathieu.

I think its a good trade for the Habs. They need him on the PP badly. I don't think they wanted to pursue a guy like Kaberle or Niedermayer because of the high price tag. While a 2nd and a 3rd may be a lot, I think given their prospect depth and abundance of youth already playing make them expendable.

I think its a good trade for the Habs. They need him on the PP badly. I don't think they wanted to pursue a guy like Kaberle or Niedermayer because of the high price tag. While a 2nd and a 3rd may be a lot, I think given their prospect depth and abundance of youth already playing make them expendable.

They still need to do more. The "want list" was D-Man and Big Center...1 down...1 to go.

Yeah and I think Komisarek is still hurting. He's been playing like crap and he doesn't hit as much as he did. AND he keeps giving the damn puck away. It has to be his shoulder. I wouldn't put it past Gainey to go get another D-man and a big Forward. I sure as hell hope so anyway.

Yeah and I think Komisarek is still hurting. He's been playing like crap and he doesn't hit as much as he did. AND he keeps giving the damn puck away. It has to be his shoulder. I wouldn't put it past Gainey to go get another D-man and a big Forward. I sure as hell hope so anyway.

If they get a big forward...and Tanguay comes back at 100% I still like the darkhorse angle...the only problem is...by mid March...(when Tangs is projected to be back) will they even be in a playoff spot.

D'Agostini and Pactioretty have both played well and fairly consistent....and hopefully a player removed from the lineup via trade for (whoever) means they get to stay up.