Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

s4gobabygo

zherdev blade

zherdev's blade coming out of the locker room...http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/83125/zherdev_blade.jpg

so illegal

How so? It looks smaller than the Kovalchuk pro you also quoted.

Besides, the 3/4" rule change makes just about anything short of a Stan Mikita curve legal.

are there even rules on the curve sizes anymore? I cant recall the last time someone was called for using an illegal curve yet we see these ridiculous curves. I think the last one was selane fir having too much height on his blade

are there even rules on the curve sizes anymore? I cant recall the last time someone was called for using an illegal curve yet we see these ridiculous curves. I think the last one was selane fir having too much height on his blade

Yes, 3/4" curve depth and 3" blade height IIRC, changed from 1/2" as part of the "more scoring" set of rule changes like the trapezoid and hooking/holding enforcement. I don't know if it specifies shaft size, but players are not allowed to pick up or use a goaltender stick (they have to push it back to the goalie).

I was about to comment on that as well... Semin had a pretty sweet completely flat-footed snipe, he's gotta be using a real meat hook or else have forearms like Popeye.

I dont see the connection between powerful shots and curve types

Eh theoretically a bigger/more open curve will help produce a faster rising-shot. Look at the video:

@2:10

It's a snipe, regardless of however he did it.

More curve means more spin resulting in more velocity.

Not always, very few guys roll the puck the length of the blade with bit meat hooks, especially with toe curves.

Agreed. With toe patterns it gives you the ability to shorten the blade and release a good shot from mid-blade. This is great for a quick shot, not great for form... This is why I rotate with smaller patterns, to keep the form from getting lazy.

Agreed. With toe patterns it gives you the ability to shorten the blade and release a good shot from mid-blade. This is great for a quick shot, not great for form... This is why I rotate with smaller patterns, to keep the form from getting lazy.

For the last few stick and puck/game warm-up sessions I've been trying to shoot off the toe, or just the mid-toe. There's no velocity and the puck flutters like crazy. I can only keep it flat doing a full roll from heel to toe. How do you guys do it?

I'm using a Naslund btw.

It really is just a little flick, but the timing is key. It sounds like you're not closing the blade fast enough or at the right time.

My little show-off trick when one of my players asks how to get the puck up is at the left side of the crease. On the outside of the crease(nhl lines), 3" off the goalline. The puck sits still and I roof it in the near half of the net. Practice that, of course maybe you want to back it up and use the whole top of the net. If you can do it with the puck sitting still, you can do it while the puck is moving.

Would doing some wrist curls help with the strength of the snapping motion and add overall to your shot?

TBL you must have a crazy wrist shot, can you rip it like Semin!? Did you guys see his shot today, back foot off balance top corner snipe.

I love Semin.

cue the jokes

It really is just a little flick, but the timing is key. It sounds like you're not closing the blade fast enough or at the right time.

My little show-off trick when one of my players asks how to get the puck up is at the left side of the crease. On the outside of the crease(nhl lines), 3" off the goalline. The puck sits still and I roof it in the near half of the net. Practice that, of course maybe you want to back it up and use the whole top of the net. If you can do it with the puck sitting still, you can do it while the puck is moving.

I can do that with the Drury-esque curves I use. Puck in the crease like it's loose or a short rebound, quick toe drag/pull toward your skates, flick the wrists and it's ringing the cross bar or in the top of the net. I'm working on not needing to pull it back to help load it onto the face, but I can only do that about 1/3 of the time right now. It's a little easier a few steps back when you can follow through and carry the puck for a moment before you snap the wrists.