Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ranger-#8

#1 Stick Killer

What kills the most sticks?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But is most of the damage coming from that? The hacks in our games is what kills mine, even if they break doing something else than being slashed the damage is done.

Never had one break from a slash, but i'm posotive thats the reason why I break so many. As I went down a few levels this year my sticks held up much better because they weren't under as much pressure although I shot alot more this season, I never flex them in the room and old age isn't ever a concern.

when you take a shot and the stick flexes it only is in flex very breafly and when you do it in the locker room for like 10 seconds its like taking a ton of shots

Yeah, definitely one timers. I caught too much ice on both times when I broke my Synergy Si-Core and TPS Response. It would have been cooler had it been in a game and not a practice...... I at least could have scored :(

the blade on mine synergy just snapped in half from the one timers, but then i turned it into a shaft and its lasted me about 6-7 months and counting, going through everything from slashes to being stepped on and scraped by skate blades

When I break shafts it's generally from abuse like slashes and battles in the corners. When the blades go, it's usually from one-timers or slappers. Usually, blades wear out a lot faster for me.

I don't break too many shafts, usually it's the blades that die on me the quickest. I also change sticks constantly I probably go through 4-5 different shafts and 10-15 blades a year just because I'll get tired of one or don't like it for some reason.

I just wear them down. I don't take a lot of slapshots or one timers. Actually the main reason I replace a lot of my sticks is that the blades go completely soft on me.

I havn't broken anything other than my V120 while flexing it. But since this summer my comp blades are taking a beating from my shots. On both my TPS Genesis and my Inno the sweetspot is starting to get smashed in from taking too many hard shots.

I would say that it's a combination of several of those factors. Just like Kosy, my blades tend to go soft and lack pop, then I replace them. I break shafts more often than blades. Usually I completely break the shaft on a slapshot, but it may have actually been "worn down" form a number of those factors listed.

Mine were mostly from when I played center on faceoffs. Other then that it's just because the blades go soft and stuff. I think if your technique is good, you shouldn't have to worry about breaking sticks on slap shots, unless they get slashed heavily.

I'm with you MoJo, it's the battles in the corners that break the tips off my blades. I guess we know who does the real work on this forum eh??

:D :D

Haven't broken a Flyweight shaft in 4 yrs. In fact, I have only used three of the six that I have and am still using the original one I got.

I haven't broken a blade in the two years that I have had custom TPS tapered blades. I just replace them when they get soft but I usually go months til that happens.

Repeated flexing of a stick doesn't help much either. Every time you flex a stick, you weaken it just a little. I see a lot of younger kids (squirts/atoms and peewees usually) actually lean backwards, putting all their weight on their stick, saying to their buddies "hey, check out the flex on my stick!" I just keep waiting to hear a loud *SNAP* followed by crying. Kids, don't do that.

Also, the other day in my store, some guy was checking out Synergies... a full-grown man, probably in his late 30s or 40s... and he was putting everything he had into flexing an INTERMEDIATE Synergy. I wanted to take that stick to the back of his head, but I thought better of it. I was hoping he'd break it though, so he'd have to buy it. Now someone's going to end up with a noodly, used-to-be-75 flex stick.

I remember back in peewees everybody would compete to see who could get the flexiest stick. But that was back when we were still using woods. I think everybody on my team that year went through 2 or 3 sticks just testing them out.

I remember back in peewees everybody would compete to see who could get the flexiest stick. But that was back when we were still using woods. I think everybody on my team that year went through 2 or 3 sticks just testing them out.

Your LHS must have LOVED your team...

I don't think any were broken in store, usually just in the locker room. So I guess they did love us if we were going through so many sticks. The blue Koho Revolutions had the best flex ever.