Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer/MIH Warranty Info

The next phase of the Mission-Itech business integration will be implemented over the course of the next several weeks. This next phase includes a transition of certain Mission-Itech functional departments to Bauer. Some of these changes affect you directly. The following details the timing and specifics for the transition relating to current Mission-Itech Warranty, Customer Service and Credit. It also provides for information around a distribution center blackout period affecting some categories. Please review the details below and contact your Bauer sales representative, customer service representative or credit department representative with any questions.

Warranty Claims:

- Bauer will honor all Mission-Itech Hockey warranty claims in full.

- Bauer personnel will handle any consumer claims starting today.

- Mission-Itech Composite Stick warranty claims will be automatically re-routed to Bauer’s toll-free Consumer line. Mission-Itech Composite Sticks will be replaced with an equivalent Bauer Composite Stick.

- All other Mission-Itech products will be replaced with Bauer products of equal or greater value.

Customer Service:

- By 3/27 all calls to Mission-Itech Customer Service will be automatically re-routed to the Bauer Customer Service teams. All calls will remain toll-free.

o Canadian calls will be sent to Bauer Canada Customer Service in Mississauga, Ontario.

o United States calls will be sent to Bauer US Customer Service in Greenland, NH.

Good timing on this, I'm trying to get my new Titanium stick warrantied since the blade is splitting in half after 4 uses, guess I'll try getting in touch w/ them again. I hope they have some Titanium's leftover b/c other than the blade splitting I really love the stick.

Thanks for the info.

Good timing on this, I'm trying to get my new Titanium stick warrantied since the blade is splitting in half after 4 uses, guess I'll try getting in touch w/ them again. I hope they have some Titanium's leftover b/c other than the blade splitting I really love the stick.

Thanks for the info.

I think you must have missed this part:

Mission-Itech Composite Sticks will be replaced with an equivalent Bauer Composite Stick.

I don't like this at all, I would be very disappointed to receive an XXXX for a broken Titanium or Fuel.

Any idea how this impacts the Inline side? Everything I've read seems to lead to them keeping that stuff around.

Any idea how this impacts the Inline side? Everything I've read seems to lead to them keeping that stuff around.

Inline's not going anywhere, and yes, if it is an inline product they're obviously not going to slap an inline frame on some Supremes and call it a day.

My friend had a Fuel Ti, and got a Bauer One75 back.

That seems a bit unfair. While they are both one notch below the top of the line (skipping one85 since it a senior only), the TI seems to be a much more valuable stick due to materials and performance reviews I have seen.

Called them today about the stick, they said to cut it in half and send it to them and I'll receive "an equivalent Bauer stick" :angry: I have a feeling I'll have a brand new Bauer stick for sale pretty soon.

Called them today about the stick, they said to cut it in half and send it to them and I'll receive "an equivalent Bauer stick" :angry: I have a feeling I'll have a brand new Bauer stick for sale pretty soon.

Seriously, what do you want them to do?

They could have easily said "Go to hell, Mission sticks are dead, and we're not going to honor it."

Shit like this pisses me off.

They could have easily said "Go to hell, Mission sticks are dead, and we're not going to honor it."

I seriously want them to drive to my house with a dozen Mission Titanium sticks and let me have my pick of which one I like best ;) But you're right, I'm glad I'm getting something when they could tell me to go to hell. But you have to realize there's always that disappointment since I just spent some good money on a stick less than a month ago and found out I'll be getting something I don't want in exchange... if I was a wealthy guy or got sticks for nothing I wouldn't care what I got but since I don't get to buy a new stick too often (especially one that I find actually really like) it's just a bit frustrating and venting on here is really the only way to get it out.

Bauer bought Mission in September 2008. You bought a Mission OPS in February 2009. C'mon, you're smarter than this, right? FWIW, I have a Fuel Grip that I really like but I know when it goes, it's gone forever.

Does this mean I shouldn't sell my Fuel Ti, wait a year or so and sell it for much more after the XN10 effect comes into play?

I thought I had read on here from JR or someone that the new Titanium was going to be produced, but I guess that isn't happening and I was either on crack or it was all a happy new-stick-production dream that I remember, but not well enough.

I understand where you are coming from. But bringing out the Titanium, essentially after the sale, perpetuated an illusion that Mission was a viable stick brand that would be around for awhile. I don't imagine there will be any impact to Bauer's brand from this as Mission didn't have enough presence in stick sales to have a large customer base. But a better option, from a customer service standpoint, might have been to reserve some of the Titanium production for warranty return.

But I don't know if that would be financially viable.

Those sticks were available months and months before the sale. The new line was the NME, which was limited in release for demos and they stopped production and announced that they weren't going to be available, immediately.

Here's my update...

Bauer has won some major points in my book. I mailed my broken stick to them this past Saturday via Priority mail and my replacement was waiting for me at my door step when I got home from work :D less than a week turn around, now that's what I call service. Not to top the service, I open the package expecting to be somewhat disappointed but to my surprise I find a shiny new One95. I'm pretty psyched to try this stick out, I've never really been a Bauer stick guy but this one feels really nice so far so we'll just have to wait and see.

Here's my update...

Bauer has won some major points in my book. I mailed my broken stick to them this past Saturday via Priority mail and my replacement was waiting for me at my door step when I got home from work :D less than a week turn around, now that's what I call service. Not to top the service, I open the package expecting to be somewhat disappointed but to my surprise I find a shiny new One95. I'm pretty psyched to try this stick out, I've never really been a Bauer stick guy but this one feels really nice so far so we'll just have to wait and see.

It makes sense you got a one95, if you look around Fuel Ti's are a more expensive stick than a one75, and of cource it's a replacement of equal or greater value... Got to love different price points sometimes :)

Haha, im not going to tell this story to my friend! He waited over 2 weeks only to have a One75... then had to drop 130$ and trade it in to get the one95 he wanted! Consider yourself lucky.

I have a pair of brand new 100AG skates that I have never sharpened. I just noticed that the toe caps are separating from the out sole. It will be interesting to see how Bauer responds. I'll post the result as it appears that no one here has had to deal with a skate issue now that Bauer has taken over the warranty.

Quick question (related to NBH warranty, not MIH)

I broke my stick, and I want to send it in for warranty. The website says 'The original receipt must be sent along with the serial number sticker, which should be adhered to the receipt and match the serial number on the stick.'

What's the serial number sticker? My stick has its own sticker that is half black, half white, but I don't see any other stickers beyond that. My reciept doesn't have a sticker stuck on it.

Quick question (related to NBH warranty, not MIH)

I broke my stick, and I want to send it in for warranty. The website says 'The original receipt must be sent along with the serial number sticker, which should be adhered to the receipt and match the serial number on the stick.'

What's the serial number sticker? My stick has its own sticker that is half black, half white, but I don't see any other stickers beyond that. My reciept doesn't have a sticker stuck on it.

From my personal experience with sending in NBH sticks, I've never had an additional warranty sticker on the stick.