Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Flyers 2009-2010

He still has a lot more skill then three of those guys and is a lot more effective.

There are plenty of guys out there with more skill and less likely to hurt the team on the ice. It's not like we're talking about a Lucic-type of guy here, we're talking about a career fourth line guy.

Wonder if laviolette lit a fire under their asses today...they're playing great right now

it amazing what a little fear can do - they probably all realize that heads will roll soon if they dont start winning. i mean they just replaced the coach so next would be some of the players. they are fighting for their jobs - it BETTER get them motivated.

Wonder if laviolette lit a fire under their asses today...they're playing great right now

it amazing what a little fear can do - they probably all realize that heads will roll soon if they dont start winning. i mean they just replaced the coach so next would be some of the players. they are fighting for their jobs - it BETTER get them motivated.

And Gagne is coming back soon so there is a battle for ice time as well.

They made great improvements against the Habs but still couldn't generate any offense. Hopefully this will spur a turnaround, and granted they're .500, but it is still the Islanders.

Just heard Emery is on IR with an abdominal injury that might require surgery. I guess this might explain the tail-off in his play.

The surgery is guaranteed, and he is out for atleast six weeks.

Sometimes you can't avoid a fight. Carcillo was not going to let him go. I thought Bradley was trying to skate away from it. I think he dropped the gloves because he had to. Carcillo kept goading him, hitting/cross-checking him. Sooner or later you realize that the prick isn't going to stop and you have to defend yourself. I'm a Flyers fan (but not a Carcillo fan), and I'd call it a sucker punch. I'd have no issue with the whole thing if Carcillo had allowed him to square up and have a fair go of it. In this case, I think that the suspension was deserved.

Cote's a horrible player, but I think he goes about his job in a respectable way. He got the Flyers off to a good start with his scrap tonight.

Even though they're down after two, I like what I'm seeing tonight.

With guys like Cote, Asham and Lappy, it's not like they're lacking in toughness without him.

He still has a lot more skill then three of those guys and is a lot more effective.

I have to disagree with this. Asham has better hands and doesn't lose control of himself like Carcillo does. Laperriere is leagues ahead defensively and plays the PK.

Cote, probably the entire Phantoms team is more effective than his measly 3 minutes a game, 5 of which are spent in the box. Yes, I did that on purpose.

It's amazing how many times the Flyers were standing around tonight. Coasting on the back check instead of skating or just watching and expecting others to do things without help. If they are able to move anyone, I'm starting to think it will be Hartnell.

Hartnell can produce, sure. But no one is going to want his act that comes along with it. The stupid penalties are getting to everyone now.

Hartnell can produce, sure. But no one is going to want his act that comes along with it. The stupid penalties are getting to everyone now.

Put him in a locker room with strong leadership and he might get his act together. Either a strong coach or captain may be what he needs to get his head back together. I bet Burkie would love to have him. The VS guys did have an interesting point that the team may be "too young" especially in the forwards and team leadership. Losing Knuble appears to be even bigger now that it appeared over the summer. Given their talent, there is no excuse for playing as poorly as they do.

I was talking with my friend earlier today saying they will be fine as soon as Emery gets healthy, because they were playing well before he got hurt. It seems as soon as he got hurt the pipes just broke down...now, I'm not so sure. A team like this should easily be competing with Pittsburgh and New Jersey.

And I thought they would have some momentum after that comeback win last night...

I was talking with my friend earlier today saying they will be fine as soon as Emery gets healthy, because they were playing well before he got hurt. It seems as soon as he got hurt the pipes just broke down...now, I'm not so sure. A team like this should easily be competing with Pittsburgh and New Jersey.

And I thought they would have some momentum after that comeback win last night...

If it was a closely played game with some weak goals I might buy into the Emery thing. Given the way they have played lately, I don't think that is/was the only problem.

my observations were:

1. None of the talented players on the flyers crashed the net - i mean carcillo almost had two goals doing exactly that

2. None of the players have any confidence right now and you could tell - but i suppose thats to be expected when you have lost that many games lately.

3. hartnell = avery - he has talent and can often put up points, but for some reason always chooses to take bad penalties and do other stupid stuff instead.

I'm glad Philly's finally realising why Hartnell was expendable in a trade. I'm going to agree with Cam above that there's no grit on a team that's known for being that. Chippy, sure, but it's not the same thing. I think the time is nigh to take the "C" off Richards and slap it on someone else.

It's more than Emery, Boucher honestly played really well for two periods. The game probably should have been worse than it was heading into the third. The first Staal goal was a little weak but that's it.

The top six forwards, outside of Richards, play essentially no defense. And the comment about them not going to the net is true. There were numerous times in the second period where Fleury left rebounds in the slot that no one was there for.

I'm glad Philly's finally realising why Hartnell was expendable in a trade. I'm going to agree with Cam above that there's no grit on a team that's known for being that. Chippy, sure, but it's not the same thing. I think the time is nigh to take the "C" off Richards and slap it on someone else.

Pretty sure it would be good for more than one reason. First, it would light Richards' fire I'm sure. Secondly, this team needs a change, and soon. Boucher hasn't played badly outside of last nights game in relief for Emery, but it doesn't help when you aren't getting any support from your offense.

And to the D comment, you can add Giroux in there most nights.

I think you could have seen Nodl play his last game in a Flyers uniform. Let the rumor mill begin to swirl because something needs to happen. Jeff Carter just skates around the ice with absolutely no purpose and I think Homer is getting upset with him. I think you could see either Hartnell or Carter go paired possibly with a guy like Nodl who just has no touch around the net even after the Flyers have been harping on him all summer long. It is a shame to see a team with so much talent waste it all. There was a rumor that Carter was nailing Hartnell's wife and I know for a fact that this is completely NOT TRUE. Evidently Hartnell and Briere are both in the middle of getting divorced and I have to think that this could be taking a toll on them both mentally and physically. It is time for a change though, the Flyers cannot afford to keep dropping if they want to find themselves in the playoff hunt. We could use a veteran scorer up front. Who knows what will happen.

hartnell's wife is a looker? i would have never guessed that sideshow bob could've pulled that kind of tail :P

Check out the episode of Day in the Life on the NHL Network. Hartnell did well. She's got the looks and she cooks!!!

hartnell's wife is a looker? i would have never guessed that sideshow bob could've pulled that kind of tail :P

Check out the episode of Day in the Life on the NHL Network. Hartnell did well. She's got the looks and she cooks!!!

Better golfer, too. Then again it looks like he's going to have time to catch-up this spring.