Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I've had an injured right leg for about 2 months, Ive been playing hurt but took a week off because it was really bad. I was plenty able to play, it was just painful. I tried playing, beat a guy to the puck and spun off to protect the injured leg.. I get light contact to the back and the toe of my skate gets stuck against the wall. Knee and body keep moving right, ankle is stuck going left. *POP* now I'm on crutches, again. Last time I hurt my knee this bad ended my baseball/football days. Pile that onto everything that has happened the past 3 months for me and well... Life sucks. :-/

Hopefully, it doesn't end your playing days but I think this story should serve as a valuable lesson to folks out there.

I've had an injured right leg for about 2 months, Ive been playing hurt but took a week off because it was really bad. I was plenty able to play, it was just painful. I tried playing, beat a guy to the puck and spun off to protect the injured leg.. I get light contact to the back and the toe of my skate gets stuck against the wall. Knee and body keep moving right, ankle is stuck going left. *POP* now I'm on crutches, again. Last time I hurt my knee this bad ended my baseball/football days. Pile that onto everything that has happened the past 3 months for me and well... Life sucks. :-/

Hopefully, it doesn't end your playing days but I think this story should serve as a valuable lesson to folks out there.

A few lessons:

*Don't play injured.

*Find another outlet to release stress. I swear I'm going to go absolutely nuts if I don't find something to keep my mind off of things quick.

*When it rains, it pours.

*Always save your crutches/braces/pain meds.

A few lessons:

*Don't play injured.

*Find another outlet to release stress. I swear I'm going to go absolutely nuts if I don't find something to keep my mind off of things quick.

*When it rains, it pours.

Tell me about it. I've spent a lot more time with my guitars over the last couple months.

Took a slapper off the ankle in practice last night. I can barely walk. Problem is we have a game today and we are extremely short on guys due to call ups and suspensions. Ice all day and last night better help

Got CT scan after my dog coughed up some blood after a run last week. Vet tells me the cancer we removed from my dog's tail in august has metastasized to his lungs. He's only 4 and even if we give him chemo he wont live to see 5.

I feel like throwing up.

Got CT scan after my dog coughed up some blood after a run last week. Vet tells me the cancer we removed from my dog's tail in august has metastasized to his lungs. He's only 4 and even if we give him chemo he wont live to see 5.

I feel like throwing up.

shit that really does suck, best of luck.

I feel like throwing up.

I feel for you buddy. This stuff happens and you just cant do anything about it.

This kind of thing is why I'm not religious...too much pain in this world

Speaking of religion, I have mid terms in 2 weeks, but before those monsters, I have a vocab quiz each of the next 3 days, a Latin mid term prep for Thursday, religion chapter test Thursday, world history Thursday, geometry tomorrow, and this damn response thing keeps telling me that im spelling thursday wrong, please call me out if I am wrong, but I think that i did spell thursday right. OH, and school, let us have our damn winter vacation, seriously, and, now I have a spanish test monday, and my grades in english this quarter are 52, 60, 46, and 70. I nee d to ace allthree vocabs and grammar next week to keep my scholarship

Edit: not trying to get sympathy, not trying to make people feel bad for me, and ahriman, ill pray for your dog. weren't they sick a while ago also that you vented about?

Edited by ndlancer95

There were still lots of tags on the Salvation Army angel tree this year. Fortunately I found 3 Stars fans that will be getting some primo autographed swag for Christmas this year.

I feel like throwing up.

Sorry man.

Had the same thing happen to my dog last year. Thought he was the epitome of health. Took him in cause he didn't eat touch his food two days in a row. Next thing you know, he had cancer in his throat & lungs.

I felt like garbage...why didn't I notice it before? Doc tries to help by saying, "animals have an incredible pain tolerance & instincively hide anything that might make them appear weak."...I still felt like garbage.

Our surgery/chemo scenario was similar. I don't give a $*** about the money, but didn't want to see my buddy suffer for the rest of his life. Chemo and other aggresive treatments are tough for dogs. They have no idea why they're going through it or why they can't run/play/etc.

Not much you can do but be his best friend.

funny you should say that. i traded a potpourri of pain killers to a buddy for a bottle of '98 Dom about a week ago and here i am in massive pain. pretty sure one of the ligaments in my knee is on its way out.

My friend, who we'll call "Bob" to hide his identity, has been acting shady recently. I ask bob what's going on, and he says, We're working on a paranormal activity project at the hospital. In the paper today(from Local Newspaper's Police Log):Three *name withheld*-area teens will soon be facing charges after police say they took a video recording of themselves burglarizing the former *name withheld* Hospital and posted it on the Internet.

Police said a 15-year-old from *name withheld*, and 15-and 16- year-olds from *name withheld* broke into the vacant, state-owned building three times between Saturday and Sunday.They stole a few items while inside, police said.

To top it off, 2 of his classmates' parents are police officers, and they have advised all of my class to stay away from bob. Also, the current penalty for violating HIPPA laws, and felony breaking and entering, felony trespassing, felony theft, is a hefty stay in Juvenile Detention.

Missed the close of an Ebay auction for Kevin Dineed game gloves because I was getting a flat tire repaired. The auction ended for $25 (probably purchased by someone here). I hate missing out of Dineen stuff, even if it was a pair of Carolina gloves...

Scheduled to work from 7-3:30 on the first, which means I'll miss the Classic and tons of good football. Tried to trade hours with several coworkers, and no one wantes the 7 am start because they want time to nurse their hangovers. Awesome. (starting at 7 am also means I get to go to a party, barely get started drinking, and then catch a cab back so I can get to sleep by 1:00 am at the latest. )

funny you should say that. i traded a potpourri of pain killers to a buddy for a bottle of '98 Dom about a week ago and here i am in massive pain. pretty sure one of the ligaments in my knee is on its way out.

Admitting to dealing drugs is probably not a wise thing to do on a public forum.

I would be venting that my school color was purple! :lol:

you got a problem with the color purple? Class A champs last year. main color is purple.

;) :D

loll our jerseys used to be mustard yellow with NYR-like writing diagonally across the chest

Toys R Us and their need of putting big-ass orange stickers and tags on boxes. I better work on that "there is no Santa" speech early.