Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I got 590 and 580 in the other two sections. Nothing I learned in the past 3 years in math has really helped me on the math section of the sats. Just basic geometry, algebra, and a shitload of plugging in.

yeah as my trig teacher says, plug into formula. Just learn the formulas and plug in the required info. Good ole

math is as easy as that

I got a 730 on the critical reading which I find absolutely hilarious as I have dyslexia. I didn't even use the extended time I found out I am allowed to have because of it. Math however is certainly my downfall. I think it's because of when I started to find out I had dyslexia I started focusing on reading and writing so much I kind of left Math behind.

Raise your hand if you were asked what you got on your ACT or SAT when you went on your job interviews when you graduated college, don't worry I'll wait.... No one gives a damn what you got on those tests after college. If you can get into the schools you want f it, you're wasting your time trying to get scores you think will look good to people cuz end the end the people that really matter in your career don't give a shit what you got on a standardized test

Raise your hand if you were asked what you got on your ACT or SAT when you went on your job interviews when you graduated college, don't worry I'll wait.... No one gives a damn what you got on those tests after college. If you can get into the schools you want f it, you're wasting your time trying to get scores you think will look good to people cuz end the end the people that really matter in your career don't give a shit what you got on a standardized test

100% true...i got a 1300/1600 on my SATs and all they did was get me letters from schools i didnt want to go to hahaha

Truth. All they want to see is the diploma. And IMO, unless your in some super specialized field the name on it doesnt matter too terribly much either. Intangibles and extra curricular stuff will look the best to me.

Don't get me wrong it's a good thing to take some pride in your scores but it's not the end of the world if you don't do all that great. I went to high school with some people that were borderline window lickers that should wear the Mylec 24/7 and they ended up being some of the most successful people in my class.... GPA don't mean crap if you can't make a company money, unless you want in the medical field

...borderline window lickers that should wear the Mylec 24/7...

I just cracked up at my desk...loud. Made my day man...

You should fare better on the ACT than on the SAT. I only finished in around the 75th percentile for the SAT but I was in the 99th for the ACT. Basically though the SAT tests you on your potential whereas the ACT tests you on what you learned/should have learned. But these tests are just used to get into college and after you get there they mean nothing.

Funny you should mention that. I was just perusing our internal job postings (which are often externally posted) and there is a position in Investments that says "...GMAT of 700 or higher or alternatively SAT of 1600 or higher". I though it very odd since the job would most certainly require an MBA anyway…

I do agree with you though 99.99999% (this jobs is the .00001) of the time the score means zip once you’re in. Retake, kick a$$ and don’t worry about it again. Besides I, like some of the previous posters, know a ton of high school “high achievers” who flamed out in college and have menial jobs now. I had an average GPA in high school, above average but not awesome in college and have a better job than most of the people in my HS class.

I went to high school with some people that were borderline window lickers that should wear the Mylec 24/7 and they ended up being some of the most successful people in my class....

Thanks for the new sig

Broke my last Letang titanium, pretty bummed. There's more Letang pro stocks on the internet but he changed his curve on the s17/19.

Broke my last Letang titanium, pretty bummed. There's more Letang pro stocks on the internet but he changed his curve on the s17/19.

Depending on where in New Jersey your from- theres one Letang 9K 0- Stick with the old ccm V120/V130 blade at the Wall Sports arena... $120 i think it is. Same curve as the Titanium

Snow in Calgary, I guess no golf this afternoon, yeah Canada!!!!

holy moly, it has been 30 celsius here in the GTA for the past 4 days

Edited by AIREAYE

Depending on where in New Jersey your from- theres one Letang 9K 0- Stick with the old ccm V120/V130 blade at the Wall Sports arena... $120 i think it is. Same curve as the Titanium

I'm in Monmouth county so that helps a lot, I'll go check that out tomorrow and see if they have it.

I'm in Monmouth county so that helps a lot, I'll go check that out tomorrow and see if they have it.

I was there yesterday so it should still be there... not alotta action going on there this time of the year

Having to get my diesel truck smogged. What a scam.

It's beautiful out and the Finals start tonight... so of course I will be going to a wedding for people I don't even know with the girlfriend and her family. :angry:

It's beautiful out and the Finals start tonight... so of course I will be going to a wedding for people I don't even know with the girlfriend and her family. :angry:

I hate going to weddings of people I don't even know, it's ridiculous!

Ol' pal and mentor in my company just passed away last week after fighting cancer... grumpy ol' bastard, but lots of good advice given... RIP Foxy.

Tried to find a house in the new city we're moving to next month... 8 families viewing one house that looked like a dungeon, with fake skulls and everything. We did put in applications for two places, one that got turned down. Now waiting on the other to confirm... dont know why people cant understand the conditions you want to include when you break it down specifically .... it was more stressful waiting and waiting, and still waiting.