Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Just started tearing up, one of my best friends will never be able to play hockey again because he fractured his l5 vertebrae after fracturing his l4 last year. The doctor is not going to clear him to play ever again, even when he is an adult. It's really the only thing cares about in the world and I have been playing street hockey with him since we were 7 as we are neighbors. The worst thing about it is that it happened during a stick time we convinced him to go to at the last second.

I oficially have my first broken nose, and boy does it suck. I feel like my voice is nasally

They're bad, sorry to hear. After my first one it seems like it became much much easier for mine to break.

Didn't break mine till I was 21, broke it five more times between 21-25.

They're bad, sorry to hear. After my first one it seems like it became much much easier for mine to break.

Didn't break mine till I was 21, broke it five more times between 21-25.

Lucky, I'm only 14, and even worse, I have to recite a speech by Shylock in the Merchant of Venice, I'd hate to try to decipher my words if I were the teacher.

Bought a pair of gloves from the States and it has almost been 2 WEEKS since original shipment from seller. Here I am waiting everyday for it to show up. I guess customs really likes the gloves, or are wearing them during inspections.

In addition, for the past few weeks I've been on live chat with hockeygiant.com/hockeyoverstock.com a few times each week to ask if any new shipments of Jofa elbow pads in a size medium have arrived. Answers vary between help agents, but most say April 31st, or mid-Mday. So, I chat with them yesterday and the agent says we will never get anymore since Jofa gear is discontinued. Im like whaaa...

FML!

Bought a pair of gloves from the States and it has almost been 2 WEEKS since original shipment from seller. Here I am waiting everyday for it to show up. I guess customs really likes the gloves, or are wearing them during inspections.

In addition, for the past few weeks I've been on live chat with hockeygiant.com/hockeyoverstock.com a few times each week to ask if any new shipments of Jofa elbow pads in a size medium have arrived. Answers vary between help agents, but most say April 31st, or mid-Mday. So, I chat with them yesterday and the agent says we will never get anymore since Jofa gear is discontinued. Im like whaaa...

FML!

plenty of 8k's/9177 on ebay in various sizing

Broke ANOTHER pro stock. I had just gotten it in, was supposed to be 90 flex, so I give it a little flex and snaps right in half. GDIT! 

Edited by gxc999

plenty of 8k's/9177 on ebay in various sizing

i was hoping to get the great price that hockeygiant was selling them for. And now that im looking on ebay there are no decent prices on the 9177s or 8k pros lol

i was hoping to get the great price that hockeygiant was selling them for. And now that im looking on ebay there are no decent prices on the 9177s or 8k pros lol

Suck You checked at the wrong time. Someone was selling them for $50 plus $15 for shipping a few weeks back

I just need to vent about this crap that goes on in my office. We typically do not see the public much, so the dress code is pretty laid back. Most people dress as you probably should for a casual work environment, other, well, I wouldn't dare leave the house looking like they do.

So our IT chick is dealing with getting us a new copier/printer for the office, so sales calls are coming and going every day this week at the office. These guys, are dress in suits and what not, she on the other hand, shows up today in freaking capris and ratty tee shirt. So on top of showing up 20-30 minutes late on a daily basis, she looks like a freaking slob! Real good representation of the company. And to boot, big boss man complains about it but doesn't say shit. Makes you wonder why I'm unmotivated to work...

Nothing against any IT people on the board but, from my experience, it seems like IT people just have this disconnection from everything going on and just don't "get it" sometimes.

Like anything else, some get it and some don't. When I was doing that stuff I worked with a few really good people and a lot of idiots.

Nothing against any IT people on the board but, from my experience, it seems like IT people just have this disconnection from everything going on and just don't "get it" sometimes.

Oh, so you're not supposed to wear small/tight tee shirts when you have a gut?

In gym today, we're playing speedball(a potpourri of sports, played with a felt soccer ball(easy to handle but hurts to get hit with)). This self-proclaimed gridiron great(he is good, but overrated) kicks a ball at my best friend's head. The guy kicking it was halfback, punter, and placekicker on the school's football team. Needless to say, I dive and block the shot because the guy's just being a jerk.

He gets mad, and about 5 minutes later starts shoving me and says, oh mr. hockey(i'm one of two kids who plays rec league at our school, nobody else plays ANY organized hockey) what are you gonna do about it? So I check him into some gym mats and recieve a warning for checking. That's fine. I expected that, because he's a "gym class immortal." Two minutes exactly after that, the kid who almost got a ball in the head and I are working together by the bleachers getting the ball away from our zone. Mr. Gridiron comes over and boards me into the bleachers.Iwas wearing a Bill Thomas Penguins shirt and he hit me square in the numbers. He gets nothing and the play continues as I lay there, making sure I'm okay. He gets nothing. No warning, no detention or penalty. My arm's brushburned but the kid's a douche.

I keep playing, even after repeated attempts to have me sit down for evaluation. There's a kid in the lifeskills class(Lifeskills is the severely mentally challenged class) who was playing goalie. He kicks the ball as hard as he can at the kid. Again, because I'm a team player, I block the shot because the kid has Down Syndrome and has an IQ of maybe 50. The gym teacher calmly reminded him, Be aware of who's playing goal. He did it twice more before gym was over. Got NOTHING out of it. Jerks like that make me realize how fortunate hockey is in that it is a self-policing sport.

Should have let the second kick get the goalie and let him lose his shit on the guy. Retards have crazy strength they can tap into.

I had a PE teacher that let me get away with lots, too. ohhhhhhh, those where the days.

looking back, I think she had a crush on me.

Edited by shotty