Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

After 8 weeks on the shelf with a fractured pelvis, bulged disc, and 3 pinched nerves, I played quite possibly the worst game i've played in years. This is my second week back but tonight was especially bad. I had hands of stone and feet to match. I seemed to always be in the wrong spot. The upside was my passing was crisp and on the mark for the most part so i'll take that positive and run with it.

After that kind ordeal, playing a game at all would be a victory! It will come back to you :)

After that kind ordeal, playing a game at all would be a victory! It will come back to you :)

Funny that I did it playing ball hockey at work and it was my boss that caused it. He's just happy to have me back so we can continue to chirp each other during games.

I was waiting to get my skates sharpened an total hockey, so I went into the shooting range area, and I still had my dress clothes on from my game earlier in the day. We'll anyways first shot ( I still had my dress shoes on, so it was kind of slippery) I ate it.

Sounds like this happened at my store; unless you were in VA that weekend. How was the sharpening?

What day/time did this happen at? I want to review the tapes for a good laugh LOL

• Like 2

Sure are! Especially if you don't have airline/hotel points to subsidize/upgrade.

I don't travel enough to accrue any points of any kind. I guess that's an entirely different vent...

I don't travel enough to accrue any points of any kind. I guess that's an entirely different vent...

It is and it isn't. Trust me. Having them available once earned is great. But the time spent flying/traveling to actually earn those points....not so cool.

It' official. I've had a recurrence of my liver disease. I will be going back on the liver transplant waiting list soon.

My doctors are guessing I should have about two to three years until I start to get sick for my liver disease. Then another three to four before I would need another transplant.

I've been more angry than upset. I already did this once. Plus I've never smoked, drank, or done any drugs.

It' official. I've had a recurrence of my liver disease. I will be going back on the liver transplant waiting list soon.

My doctors are guessing I should have about two to three years until I start to get sick for my liver disease. Then another three to four before I would need another transplant.

I've been more angry than upset. I already did this once. Plus I've never smoked, drank, or done any drugs.

If there's anything we at MSH can do, please let us know.

We're rooting for you!

So 2-3 years before you start to get sick? How are you feeling now?

• Like 1

Sounds like this happened at my store; unless you were in VA that weekend. How was the sharpening?

What day/time did this happen at? I want to review the tapes for a good laugh LOL

Yeah it was at your store, the date was 18th, and it was like the last 15 minutes your store was open that night. As for the sharpening I thought it was good, but for some reason I kept falling down a lot in my game the next day. I think this was more of my fault than the sharpening though.

If there's anything we at MSH can do, please let us know.

We're rooting for you!

So 2-3 years before you start to get sick? How are you feeling now?

Not too bad actually. The month of December was the best I have felt in a long time.

I had a liver biopsy in December of 2012 and another one a couple weeks ago. Last year the biopsy showed very little in terms of anything wrong with the cells of the liver. This latest one showed significant scarring.

That is there biggest concern on how fast the disease seems to progressing this time.

I plan on getting back on the ice soon and trying to get myself in the best shape that I can be. That seemed to help last time.

I barely lasted long enough last time to get a transplant. The told my wife to be prepared because I could have died at any time.

They thing I can get a liver before I get that sick this time.

Thanks for any and all support. It really helps. :smile:

• Like 7

wasn't there a beer sponsor attached to the stadium series.. Coors I think.

And from watching the 1st period the camera angles were horrible. How do they expect any hockey gear nuts to figure what the players are wearing from those angles.

• Like 1

I was a complete jackass at my kids hockey game today. Got irate for a minute and yelled at the ref about a bad call on my kid. Then a minute later yelled about an icing on us not realizing it was 4 on 4. Just felt like a complete idiot... I wasn't YouTube crazy bad, but I realize yelling at a ref at a kids game is never justified. The worst was my kid then comes off the ice blaming the ref for the loss and I know that's on me.

• Like 2

The refs at my game yesterday, god awful. They called us for the little things, and missed the blatant calls for the other team. The other team was super cheap too. The refs let the game get out of control, and of course there was a fight at the end to top it off.

I think we are the only team that gets homered in our home town

I'm pretty proud of this :P

fHyJ2xxm.png

I got 28 :p

Edit:

Scratch that, 39 now

Edited by Zjack38

Every travel hockey team thinks they get screwed at home by the refs. Just like every travel hockey team thinks they get screwed on the road by the refs.

Honestly we get the worst refs everywhere we go, on average we get a good pair or group of refs every 10 games.

You get who you get. The good teams deal with it/adjust accordingly.