Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vathsdrop

New sherwood stick line Txx ?

I've been using an 85 Flex T90 Coffey since June. I can tell you that my stick is MUCH stiffer than 85, feels closer to 95. Also, the curve and lie are different than the stock Coffey I've used for many years now. The lie on my T90 is closer to a 5, the face is closed, and the curve not as deep. Very weird. I don't know if I got one from a bad batch or what, but SWD told me they hadn't changed the pattern. Meanwhile a friend of mine recently bought a 9950 Coffey and it looked like a Heatley! Something's screwy for sure.

Unfortunately for me, SWD chose not to make the retail T90 Sr Coffeys in a 75 Flex, even thought they make others patterns in this Flex, which makes no sense to me because they told me the Coffey continues to be one of their most popular patterns. And the intermediate would be a skinny wet noodle for me, so I'm stuck with having to order a T90 SOP. I have a feeling it will take a very long time to get (they said they'd be available Oct 1), because my experience with getting RM19 SOPs from SWD was absolutely horrid.

Anyway, the T90 is a massive improvement over the RM9/19 series, as they finally got the weight and balance right. Puck feel is very good as always. I'd also say it's the best stick on the market at its current price point ($125), if you don't mind a stiffer flex than the listed rating and a boxier shaft. Plus they are very solid and durable since the first T90s came out. Not a big fan of the yellow on the Coffeys though....

Held in my hands both T90 and T100(stated as Pro stock, made in Canada) and was surprised with their weight and balance. T100 was rated as a 95 flex but as for me seemed a bit wippier compared to a TPS R8 retail model.

Held in my hands both T90 and T100(stated as Pro stock, made in Canada) and was surprised with their weight and balance. T100 was rated as a 95 flex but as for me seemed a bit wippier compared to a TPS R8 retail model.

Where did you see the T100? I guess the T100 OPS are out in the pro ranks this year, maybe next year retail and SOP? Anyone know for sure?

I got a couple of T100 Pro stock , a 95 flex and P92 clone ,definitely nice stick.As already said well balanced, light weight, sidewalls of shaft have slight concave shape, in total , solid stick as for me. As for durability, there is no idea since my both X60 and 195 are in perfect condition despite being used over 6 month

Has anybody tried the T90 as well as other price-conscious sticks like the X:40? I'm looking to put in a large order for sticks soon (I swore by the one95 shaft/blade but have had two one95 shafts break in the last 2 months).

my t100 shaft is a standard with some spray on grip.

I have it paired with a on95blade p106.

The balance is great, which is surprising. It feels minutely heavier than my se16 and dolo, but that could be because my se15 and dolos feels blade light (they have x60 blades in them). Puck feel is amazing actually, but this could be because of the one95 blade.

to me, it feels like a wood stick. so if you want a high tech woody, this is it.

my t100 shaft is a standard with some spray on grip.

I have it paired with a on95blade p106.

The balance is great, which is surprising. It feels minutely heavier than my se16 and dolo, but that could be because my se15 and dolos feels blade light (they have x60 blades in them). Puck feel is amazing actually, but this could be because of the one95 blade.

to me, it feels like a wood stick. so if you want a high tech woody, this is it.

Awesome. I currently pair my AK-27 with the same blade you use, only the p88 (Kane) pattern. If I can get a similar set-up with the T100 I might spring for it.

They were out last season. Someone I know in the nahl used t100 shafts. Retail should hit this year.

I know the T100 shafts are out, I'm talking about the OPS. Right now SWD only offers the T90 OPS for retail and SOP....

I know the T100 shafts are out, I'm talking about the OPS. Right now SWD only offers the T90 OPS for retail and SOP....

Since ops may have been out in the nahl or somewhere else last year and the t100 gear(gloves, shafts, etc) is starting to be released, I would expect the T100 ops to hit retail soon

I've been using my T90 for a good 8 months now, 75 flex with a Stastny curve. For the price, the best stick you can get compared to the competition. Of all the sticks I got to try out and use, this is my number one stick. If you can believe I gave away my 11K because I love this stick so much. Thank God I don't pay for sticks.

My stick felt stiffer at first but once broken in, feel spot on. Good puck feel, still has pop (altough I'm not a big shooter so my sticks tend to keep their flex longer) and is really light weight. Only complaint for me is that it's a very boxy feel and I have smaller hands so it's a bit combersome at times. Grip compensates for the bigger shaft.

No T100 OPS coming to retail, just changed the name to a T90 Pro. Also only two colours for next season, white on black (2009 Ryan) and black on black (2009 Stastny). All sticks come with grip. New model of T90 coming in line for next year as well, it's based on Plekanec stick he uses right now, it has a much smaller shaft geometry. I got to hold the stick and it's perfect for me, but only comes in a 70 flex, which is close enough.

Sherwood has a Drury curve, it's the PP20 DR (Drury clone). They also have exact clones of the P88 (PP88 LS), the Iggy (PP12 IG) and Lidstrom/Getzlaf (PP05 LI). PP09 Ryan is like the Zetterberg, PP26 is a mid-heel version of the P92 and Sakic/Hall and the PP96 Bouchard is...a closed face Drury. Of course, there is Coffey curve.

Has anyone ever ordered a SOP T90? I've had success with there wood SOP's before but I've never seen a T90. Anyone have some and could post pics?

I've been using my T90 for a good 8 months now, 75 flex with a Stastny curve. For the price, the best stick you can get compared to the competition. Of all the sticks I got to try out and use, this is my number one stick. If you can believe I gave away my 11K because I love this stick so much. Thank God I don't pay for sticks.

My stick felt stiffer at first but once broken in, feel spot on. Good puck feel, still has pop (altough I'm not a big shooter so my sticks tend to keep their flex longer) and is really light weight. Only complaint for me is that it's a very boxy feel and I have smaller hands so it's a bit combersome at times. Grip compensates for the bigger shaft.

No T100 OPS coming to retail, just changed the name to a T90 Pro. Also only two colours for next season, white on black (2009 Ryan) and black on black (2009 Stastny). All sticks come with grip. New model of T90 coming in line for next year as well, it's based on Plekanec stick he uses right now, it has a much smaller shaft geometry. I got to hold the stick and it's perfect for me, but only comes in a 70 flex, which is close enough.

Sherwood has a Drury curve, it's the PP20 DR (Drury clone). They also have exact clones of the P88 (PP88 LS), the Iggy (PP12 IG) and Lidstrom/Getzlaf (PP05 LI). PP09 Ryan is like the Zetterberg, PP26 is a mid-heel version of the P92 and Sakic/Hall and the PP96 Bouchard is...a closed face Drury. Of course, there is Coffey curve.

Glad to hear that they are making the shaft dimensions smaller. I like the stick, but with the highly concave shape and pronounced corners, it feels too big in the hands. Also, the PP09 is not like the Zetterberg. The closest to the Zetterberg/PM9 is the PP96 Bouchard which has a slightly higher lie and a slightly different curve. I think it would be in Sher-woods best interest to just make true clones of the PM9 and P92. It would be easier for them to steal customers from Bauer, Easton, Warrior, etc. I tried the RM9 in the Bouchard. I loved the way the stick shot, but I had to go back to my Eastons and Bauers due to the higher lie and curve differences.

can anybody compare the T90 to the RM19? I'm probably in the minority of people who really liked that stick, how does this one compare?

Has anyone ever ordered a SOP T90? I've had success with there wood SOP's before but I've never seen a T90. Anyone have some and could post pics?

Yes! Got my T90 SOPs last month: 75 Flex Grip, Coffey pattern. They come 62" long (heel to top of shaft). These Coffeys had an even deeper mid-curve than retail, and face more closed (which I prefer). Lie plays higher than 5.5 (which I don't).

Good stuff: Very lightweight and well balanced, outstanding puck feel and control. Huge improvement from the RM19s.

Problem stuff: Spray grip coating peeled off immediately after sliding my hand down shaft, stiffer than RM19 75 Flex (which were actually 63" long) which means I really have to lean into slappers, delaming on bottom of blade after only a couple of weeks, lie plays too high.

Either I got a defective batch (delaming), or Sherwood put these on the market before the stick and blade construction was perfected. Anyway, I will be getting the set replaced as they are under warranty.

I've tried to post pics here, but can't get it to work. I've searched and haven't found any info. Could someone please help me out?

can anybody compare the T90 to the RM19? I'm probably in the minority of people who really liked that stick, how does this one compare?

T90 (retail and SOP) are very lightweight and well balanced compared with the RM19. SWD has eliminated that extra weight in the hosel area, and the blades are a little thinner. So no more blade heaviness. The T90s are stiffer than the RM19s, and I don't think they kick as well as the RM19s. Puck feel is still very good, I would say the T90 SOPs puck feel is outstanding. My T90 retail is holding up well, but the bottom of the blades on my SOPs are delaminating after only a few games.

I've tried to post pics here, but can't get it to work. I've searched and haven't found any info. Could someone please help me out?

Upload them to an online image-hosting site (Photobucket or the like). Then use the image code in your reply (should look like [ img ] [ /img]).

Upload them to an online image-hosting site (Photobucket or the like). Then use the image code in your reply (should look like [ img ] [ /img]).

Okay Thanks! I thought I could just upload them right from my hard drive. Anyway here are my T90 SOPs, 75 Flex Grip, Coffey pattern:

IMG_3851.jpg

IMG_3846.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3849.jpg

I currently use a broken pro return TPS Response Lite OPS with a tapered blade in it, which I absolutely love, but I want to go a bit whippier in flex. None of the shops around here seem to have anything that I like in my price range, and hockeymonkey has the T-100 tapered shafts as well as the RM19 shafts on sale for a price that I like, but I'm a bit iffy about buying a shaft that I've never handled in person.

Anyone have any input on which should go for? As I said earlier, I love that TPS Response Lite (particularly the shaft shape. It just feels perfect.), and I also loved my old Easton T-Flex shaft. Any suggestions?

edit: Sorry to dig up a bit of an older thread. I just thought it would be better in here than starting a new one.

Just got my hands on a Pro Stock T100. Man, is it light and well-balanced. Paul Martin Pro Stock. Can't wait to try it out. My first impression is that this stick is the real deal.