Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jesse_01

So easton finally send me my s19

If I abused it or smashed it over the boards or got stepped on or what not. I would have no problem in not sending it back because it wasn't a warranty issue. I'm not trying to abuse the warranty program.

Be grateful for the ST? Yeah I am, but I didn't want the damn thing in the 1st place. Everyone is hung up on the stupid ST stick that they sent out and they are missing the point of what I was trying to say.

What I'm saying, Waited since Nov for my stick, got my stick. Wrong flex. Emailed them, they said sorry for the mix up. Pay $35 to ship it back and we send you the 100 flex.

My response is well F***, sob. Some times she goes, some times she doesn't.

Everyone see's that a blows it out of proportion. But they sent you a ST.

Yeah they did. Everyone here seems to see it differently from you. So either we all are wrong, or you are.

Look at it this way; I buy a car.

I use this car for a while and then it breaks, and i send it back to them.

They send me a car that is one model down, but is still really nice. Instead of an F-350 truck, they gave me an F-250.

I get to use this car for whatever i want. Its my car now.

Now a month later after I've been allowed to do whatever i want with this truck, they send my an F-350... But it has the red interior and exterior package instead of the black that i previously had. I can pay a small amount of money to get the exact same F-350. Now I have an F-250 and an F-350 that has the wrong color scheme. And I still bitch about it because I don't have the same F-350, but I can get the same F-350 for 30 bucks, but I don't want to, because I don't want to be without my F-350, even though I have an F-250 that is mine forever.

Now see why I (and others) are tired of this bitching?

Ease up everyone.

It isn't a truck, it isn't life and death, it's a hockey stick and Jesse was just pointing out his experience.

We all don't have to agree with everyone's take on their life experiences, but we also don't have to be insulting about it.

Ease up everyone.

It isn't a truck, it isn't life and death, it's a hockey stick and Jesse was just pointing out his experience.

We all don't have to agree with everyone's take on their life experiences, but we also don't have to be insulting about it.

if jesse was making this thread to share his experience and allow us to draw our own conclusions and opinions, then fine, i wouldhave no problem with that. but jesse has made multiple threads complaining about the service that he has received which to me, and the vast majority of people here, was outstanding.

i dont think anybody is actually insulting jesse...we are all just a little frustrated seeing someone who has been given such great value and done nothing but complain. am i wrong by saying that nobody else here would love to be in jesse's position?

I don't get why you can't just sell the ST for like $100 which easily covers the cost for shipping, they actually gave you a lot more than they should have...

it's not life and death, but for many people on here it's their livelihood and career.

Everyone just got put off by the way you handled the ST situation. You should've been thankful because Easton didn't have to do what they did. They could've also said 'hey, we sent him a stick' and just left it at that. You used the ST anyway so I don't know why you complained about it.

At the same time, for me 10 flex makes a difference. After shelling out $300 on a stick I would be frustrated too. When you shell that much coin, you want EXACTLY what you want. Selling the ST even if you get lowballed will more than offset the $35 it costs to send the 110 flex S19 back.

The point of the exercise is that this experience is certainly the exception to the rule. Easton has gone above and beyond to fix this situation and in return is getting their name run through the mud. Easton cannot reimburse you with something they do not have, and being petty does not speed the process. Like I said before, this is the risk you take with buying the newest/latest/greatest. How dare Easton reimburse you with a similar stick, plus a loaner to keep in the interim. Grow up and move on, the problem here does not lie with Easton.

Chadd says it best: "30 warranty against defect does not equate to 30 days of all the use you can give it."

it's not life and death, but for many people on here it's their livelihood and career.

Including me but with a different company.

There will always be someone to post something negative about a company. Arguing back and forth on the internet isn't going to solve anything and almost always must makes both sides of the story look unprofessional or childish.

Including me but with a different company.

There will always be someone to post something negative about a company. Arguing back and forth on the internet isn't going to solve anything and almost always must makes both sides of the story look unprofessional or childish.

I'm not sure how Easton comes off as unprofessional here. The only thing they've done wrong (if that) is send the wrong flex. Every company, no matter how good you are, will make a mistake. For every 1000 people who get their warranty sticks correct there might be one or two who don't. And out of those thousand probably 15 are actual defects.

Don't you not even want the s19 anyway? A month ago you were trying to pedal it before you even got it

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...showtopic=50568

And you said you willing to change curve AND flex just to have an S19... well you got it player..... play on... somewhere else

EDIT:

Oh and apparently you needed 3 different topics to continue this pitiful saga...

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...c=49996&hl=

I can't empathize anymore after reading your previous threads. Sound familiar?

They can have the ST back. I just want my s19, or money back so I can go buy another one from a store. I was willing to change flex and curve so I could have some sort of s19 to use.

Stop the bashing. I doubt you'll ever get that kind of good customer service from other companies. Just pay the $35 with the money you make from selling the ST.

I'm not sure how Easton comes off as unprofessional here.

Hold on a second, I never once said that Easton has come across as unprofessional.

Not once, do not twist it and assume things that are not true.

I personally feel that Easton has gone way above and beyond in this instance, way above and beyond, and I commend them on how they have handled this particular situation.

EDIT: I see what you mean after reading my post but just to be clear, when I said 'both sides of the story' I should have said "both people on here arguing". I meant that when people argue on the internet, they usually do not make themselves look very good. I don't know Easton's side of the story because we have only heard what Jesse has said, and that doesn't mean it is all 100% correct.

wow, so let me get this straight, you broke this stick outside of the 30 day warranty....easton STILL accepted it...and they sent you over $300 value..and you continue to complain?

oh and dont forget this thread: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...mp;#entry762013

so thats four different threads complaining about the terrific service you received. :rolleyes:

And out of those thousand probably 15 are actual defects.

If that!

These companies making hockey sticks get such a bad rap with the warranty situation. I have actually seen guys in men's leagues who do not like a certain stick so they crack it over the boards and break it to get a warranty. Very sad to see.

I ignored most of the bitching in here but this makes me think that Easton should have some kind rep give this dude a call or e mail saying "Hey the s19 is back ordered but we can send you an ST in the meantime if that would be helpful. Let us know what we can do for you." Instead of him having an ST arrive at his place and him being confused about why it's there. Still, Easton deserves credit for having such an awesome warranty program but communicating with this guy beforehand about the entire situation and his options would have helped him a great deal. He would have just been able to say "No thanks" to the ST.

If that!

These companies making hockey sticks get such a bad rap with the warranty situation. I have actually seen guys in men's leagues who do not like a certain stick so they crack it over the boards and break it to get a warranty. Very sad to see.

If they dont like it, why would they get it warrantied??

I'd just sell it and get a different stick

but communicating with this guy beforehand about the entire situation and his options would have helped him a great deal. He would have just been able to say "No thanks" to the ST.

Look back at his other threads, they did communicate with him. He knew beforehand that they were sending the ST as a holdover for the S19.

True, but if you look at his previous threads he actually uses it. They told him they'd send him an ST so that he'll have a stick to use before they send him an S19. Again they could've just sent him the ST and call it a day because what they did is within their warranty. Easton sent him a stick in the wrong flex and he makes another thread.

Where I live (Canada):

Easton ST '10 costs: $199.99(Clear) $219.99(Grip) - source: www.thehockeyshop.com

S19 costs: $269.99 (Clear) $279.99 (Grip) -source: cyclonetaylor.com (their instore pricing is about 10-20 more)

Those figures do not include tax.

That's almost $500 in sticks easton is giving to this guy FOR FREE!

If you look at his previous threads you can see that his stick broke 5 days past the 30 day warranty yet Easton still helped him out.

The way I see it, the only thing Easton did 'wrong' was offer to help this kid out.

Look back at his other threads, they did communicate with him. He knew beforehand that they were sending the ST as a holdover for the S19.

oof. Nevermind then. Like I said I ignored most of the stuff in this thread.

A brand-new stick sells for more than a used one. Maybe that's why?

Warranty sticks are worth much less than a brand new stick with a warranty