Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jesse_01

So easton finally send me my s19

The companies are very aware of MSH. We have a good family friend who is very high up in Easton and he said that they keep a close eye on this place because it can make or break a product. While in the scheme of things there aren't THAT many players on here, all it takes is one from a given town or program and they can talk trash about a product and that will be the end of it. Word travels very fast in the locker room. I know I've done it.

I was all stoked to get it. They told me via the phone I was getting a 85 flex grip rh iginla. I open it up, its a 110 flex.

I know everyone is going to be oh be glad you got a stick. But like shit, come on here. Wait so long for the right stick and still don't get it in the end.

Same thing happened with my friend, he had to wait more than month to get his S19 right.

I'm sorry, but Easton has done plenty for this guy (and I usually don't defend Easton, not for a couple years :rolleyes: ). They simply might've made decision to give him a 110 instead of making him wait 3 or 4 more weeks to get his ideal flex. Even if not, he's gotten more than fair value in return. If someone tries to tell me they can't get $240 for the st they sent him and the 110 flex s19, I'll just die laughing <_<

GXC, he waited a long time to use the stick he bought. He did NOT buy a 110 flex shaft of the manufacturer's choosing. What if your car was totaled due to a defect and in return the company sent you a different model of vehicle?

My post was mostly tongue in cheek (mostly ;) ) but I'm sure this is just a mistake or them thinking they were doing him a favor by not making him wait.

Although, it would have been nice that if they were substituting it, give him a call first and ask if he'd like a 110 now or wait another month or so till the 85s are ready...if that is the case.

But I also agree, they've gone above the call of duty for him to replace a stick, I'm sure you can get it straight if you try nicely.

GXC, he waited a long time to use the stick he bought. He did NOT buy a 110 flex shaft of the manufacturer's choosing. What if your car was totaled due to a defect and in return the company sent you a different model of vehicle?

Just because a stick breaks doesn't mean it broke because of a defect.

Either way, it would be a pretty sweet deal if you wrecked your car and they gave you two cars equal to nearly twice the original vehicle cost.

...Maybe if he wasn't throwing a tantrum about getting a free stick to use while what he wanted is on backorder they wouldn't have rushed out the equal value stick that is promised under the warranty agreement.

Yeah I have used it. The paint is really weak and chipped off lots. For the amount I've used it, it looks like shit. I tried to sell it for $160cdn/$150us obo shipped but no takers.

i think you are trying to sell for too much, i picked up a brand new '09 senior st from my hockey shop for $100us.

Just because a stick breaks doesn't mean it broke because of a defect.

Either way, it would be a pretty sweet deal if you wrecked your car and they gave you two cars equal to nearly twice the original vehicle cost.

...Maybe if he wasn't throwing a tantrum about getting a free stick to use while what he wanted is on backorder they wouldn't have rushed out the equal value stick that is promised under the warranty agreement.

I would just rather have my $$ back if within the warranty or wait until I get what I paid for. I have no need for 2 sticks I do not want. I understand what some of you are trying to say, but it does not work like this outside of hockey.

These sticks are not cheap and I still think it is quite silly that it is now acceptable for $250+ sticks to break on a frequent basis.

I'm sure most people would rather have their money back after they break a stick after getting slashed/slashing others, jammed in the boards, slammed into the ice and thrown in and out of your car.

It's not unknown that high-end sticks break, just like high-performance cars or pretty much anything high performance will have a shorter lifetime. If you don't want to spend $250 on a stick that might break, there are plenty of alternatives. There are many more options at lower pricepoints than $250.

I would just rather have my $$ back if within the warranty or wait until I get what I paid for. I have no need for 2 sticks I do not want. I understand what some of you are trying to say, but it does not work like this outside of hockey.

These sticks are not cheap and I still think it is quite silly that it is now acceptable for $250+ sticks to break on a frequent basis.

these sticks are not made for durability. if you want durable grab an S5 or a TPS R1. A hell of a lot cheaper than an S19

I am on a replacement S19 and I know it's breaking soon. It's part of buying a top-end stick. Sacrificing weight/performance for durability.

i think you are trying to sell for too much, i picked up a brand new '09 senior st from my hockey shop for $100us.

Thats why I put obo(or best offer). So you can offer whatever.

They told me oh your stick is in stock and we are sending you a 100 flex in the mail. So some how it got messed up in the shipping department.

Also what is a reasonable amount of time to wait on back order before your product arrives? 2, 3 months?

I didn't want them to send me the ST. They could of keep it. I didn't ask for it. They told me they had sent me a ST and it should be there next day. They sent it with out me knowing about it.

For me to buy a new S19 from a hockey shop in canada, its $300 cdn. I doubt I could get that for a used ST and a new S19 on warranty. It would cost me money to sell a new s19 and a used ST to get what I had originally 1st bought.

Never buy a stick you can't afford to break

THANK YOU! If you're just a rec leaguer, don't invest that much damn money. And if you're at a higher level, it's either the cost of doing business or you should be getting sticks for free. They're giving away enough product here to satisfy almost anyone. Yeah, he got a 110 after getting a free ST, boo frickity hoo, he can easily sell both online for $300 US(approx).

THANK YOU! If you're just a rec leaguer, don't invest that much damn money. And if you're at a higher level, it's either the cost of doing business or you should be getting sticks for free. They're giving away enough product here to satisfy almost anyone. Yeah, he got a 110 after getting a free ST, boo frickity hoo, he can easily sell both online for $300 US(approx).

You send me $300usd to my paypal, and I will be more than happy to send the sticks to you :).

This is the risk you take when you have to have the newest/latest/greatest stick in your hands. This initial run of sticks might be referred to as a "teaser" which is exactly how it worked. Had you been patient and waited for them to be back in stock you could have an exact replacement. Easton has been (in my opinion) more than accomodating to you, but you instead you chose to make demands.

This is the risk you take when you have to have the newest/latest/greatest stick in your hands. This initial run of sticks might be referred to as a "teaser" which is exactly how it worked. Had you been patient and waited for them to be back in stock you could have an exact replacement. Easton has been (in my opinion) more than accomodating to you, but you instead you chose to make demands.

I did wait. The said they had my stick in stock and was sending it to me. I get the stick and its not what they said it was. I never demanded to send me any s19. I was not in a hurray because I had just got my new One95.

I don't know why you complained the first time with the ST. That wasn't smart because that was amazing on eastons part, but now I totally feel you. Easton should know hockey players and they know players are particular about their sticks. If you play with an 85 flex, they should send you an 85 flex. It's great that Easton has a warranty program but so does every other company. As a consumer, you have the power to tell people about your bad experience and stop using Easton products.

So easton email me back. Told me sorry about the mix up and to shell out another $35 to ship it back to them and they will send me a 100 flex. So there is the solution to my problem. I have a lhs the said he would trade, but not sure what he has for stock..

:blink:

How the hell is this still going on?

Just deleted a rant 20 minutes long... basically though jesse, you're an idiot, and the reason these sticks cost so much. They've spent 150+ on these sticks to replace to you, something they really didn't have to do because you don't know how to shoot and will probably break these soon too, just to try to keep you as a customer, which i almost gurantee they wont, because you don't know how to shoot and therefore their sticks are defective. They know that you will give easton a bad name now that their sticks are shit, so they try to make it right (which they so do), but again, you'll still trash their name and the free ST was in vein, as you'll trash their name and some people might not buy their sticks b/c of it, and you wont buy their sticks because of it.

tl;dr, read first sentence.

:blink:

How the hell is this still going on?

Just deleted a rant 20 minutes long... basically though jesse, you're an idiot, and the reason these sticks cost so much. They've spent 150+ on these sticks to replace to you, something they really didn't have to do because you don't know how to shoot and will probably break these soon too, just to try to keep you as a customer, which i almost gurantee they wont, because you don't know how to shoot and therefore their sticks are defective. They know that you will give easton a bad name now that their sticks are shit, so they try to make it right (which they so do), but again, you'll still trash their name and the free ST was in vein, as you'll trash their name and some people might not buy their sticks b/c of it, and you wont buy their sticks because of it.

tl;dr, read first sentence.

So your the guy that takes a simple topic over the line by name calling. Wow good for you internet tough guy.

I never said there product was shit, I like their product. My s17 lasted me a year. My favorite stick is the s17, s19 line up. Also it doesn't cost them $150 to replace a stick :rolleyes:

So your the guy that takes a simple topic over the line by name calling. Wow good for you internet tough guy.

I never said there product was shit, I like their product. My s17 lasted me a year. My favorite stick is the s17, s19 line up. Also it doesn't cost them $150 to replace a stick :rolleyes:

Shipping of ST - 30

Shipping of S19 - 30

Cost of stick (estimate) - 30X2 (60

R&D costs - 25

Labor - 5

30+30+60+25+5=150.

Shipping isn't free. The sticks aren't free. The R&D isn't free. The labor of dealing with the warranty claim, putting stick in box, etc isn't free. Freedom isn't free.

This isn't a simple topic, you bitched your way thru another one a couple weeks ago. Your implying their product is shit even if you don't think you are.

The reason sticks haven't come down in price since their launch (OPS in general) is because people abuse the warranty issue, and demand to have an exact clone replacement of the stick given to them within a week or two is what causes the price to stay where its at.

If you are taking a pass and the stick breaks, yeah, totally a defect and you should get a replacement within a month, but if its on a shot? Who knows how many times you hit ice with it before it broke, or stepped on it, etc. This is the kind of shit people do so they can get a new stick to use. I've only broken a handful of sticks, and all of them were on slashes or fluke accidents, never on shots.

Working at a LHS i see the stupidist shit, and its all just like this. "I broke my stick gimme new one"... even if we were allowed to do such replacement of sticks, the people who bring them in 9 times out of 10 abused the stick in some way for it to break. Rarely is it a hey i took one pass and it snapped on me kind of shit.

What really pisses me off about this whole thing though is you don't seem to care at all or are greatful for the free ST, and a stick that is apparently 10 flex too high (i believe you said you were 100?). Come on dude, it wasn't Easton's fault your stick broke, and yet, they've given you a free ST and another S19. I'd be super greatful it isn't funny. Yet your bitching about it.