Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jesse_01

So easton finally send me my s19

But If I actually break a stick(most of the time it's a manufacturing defect) I will be SOL. If they slash the prices on sticks, then maybe I wouldn't mind. I haven't broken a stick in about 3 years. When Warrior first started producing sticks, I broke 2 starsky's(red and white paint job) within 3 weeks.

if warranties were gone, how much would the top end OPS's cost?

if it was around 130 or even 140 or 150, very soon enough you would be saving more than enough to replace the occasional broken stick...correct?

if warranties were gone, how much would the top end OPS's cost?

if it was around 130 or even 140 or 150, very soon enough you would be saving more than enough to replace the occasional broken stick...correct?

I don't imagine, after people have been paying these prices for so long that the price would drop so much. Maybe a bit, but the manufactures know they could get a bigger profit.

I don't imagine, after people have been paying these prices for so long that the price would drop so much. Maybe a bit, but the manufactures know they could get a bigger profit.

fair enough. i was just comparing it to what pro stock sticks cost.

personally, i would still think its worth it, regardless of how much the prices are dropped, considering i dont break too many sticks...but i know there are quite a few people who would strongly disagree.

i have not used easton in years.

the last time i had a warrenty issuse with them they took very good care of me. fist they sent the wrong stick, i called them and they got the right one to me the next day. broke the replacement the first time i used it, and gave me another one when they didn't have to. so i call that taking care of the consumer. they went above and beyond for me. if it wasn't for them killing the shanny i most likely would still be using easton

Just an educated guess here, im sure JR or sublitwill or someone would have a better idea, but since i work at a shop i know a lot of stuff the GP doesn't.

Anyways, if they got rid of the warranty program all together, i'd say OPS would drop down proportionality to their original cost.

IE, 250 PP is 30% off, 200 PP is 25% off, 150 PP is 20% off, 100 PP is 15% off, 60-70 PP is 10% off.

So your 250 stick becomes 175, your 200 stick becomes 150, your 150 becomes 120, your 100 becomes 85, your 60-70 becomes 50-60.

Just an educated guess here, im sure JR or sublitwill or someone would have a better idea, but since i work at a shop i know a lot of stuff the GP doesn't.

Anyways, if they got rid of the warranty program all together, i'd say OPS would drop down proportionality to their original cost.

IE, 250 PP is 30% off, 200 PP is 25% off, 150 PP is 20% off, 100 PP is 15% off, 60-70 PP is 10% off.

So your 250 stick becomes 175, your 200 stick becomes 150, your 150 becomes 120, your 100 becomes 85, your 60-70 becomes 50-60.

I stand corrected, that's much more than I was expecting.

The prices wouldn't go down; the price points have been established and end users already accept those prices, buying a high end stick NOT because they have a warranty, but because they (end user) THINK they are pro players (which all of you are by the way) and since they see their colleagues (NHL Players) using those sticks and having success, then they buy them. :D

And if you can't find the sarcasm in that statement, well, I guess I'll apologize in advance... :(

way to ruin the dream man!

i think that once the consumer shows a willingness to buy a premium product at a certain price point, theres obviously no going back.

so here we are with $220us sticks and $700 skates... its our own fault.

To make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy. I sold both sticks and got $125 for my st and $275 for the s19.

More than retail for a warranty stick? You just keep making yourself look better.

this whole thread could/should be used as the justification to end stick warranties.

I was thinking it justified abortion.

Come on, I just get back to the boards and see this thread when there was a similar thread (and ensuing buttfuckathon) not just a couple weeks ago. Even I'm a bit ashamed that this went unlocked and this guy apparently still has an account here.