Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tjl_48

2010 MLB Thread

Tigers are off to a hot start, couple big time come from behind wins but we are all ready allowing WAY too many runs, for a team thats supposed to be built around pitching and defense. Great to see Cabrera, Ordonez and Inge rolling early, but this team needs to get back to fundamentals.

Say, if anyone stumbles across David Ortiz's hitting ability, could you please forward it to the Red Sox clubhouse.

You might want to ask Mo Vaughn for advice on that one.

Jays off to the same start as last year... that's never good. I give it till June until they fall off again.

Jays off to the same start as last year... that's never good. I give it till June until they fall off again.

They were 23-17 (if I recall) at May long weekend last year...finshed with 90+ losses. :(

They were 23-17 (if I recall) at May long weekend last year...finshed with 90+ losses. :(

you dont need to remind me :(

You have to remember that the 09 Jays hadn't played the Yankees yet at that point and I think had one series against the Red Sox.

Eh, Howard's never had a season as good as the two Giambi had before signing his big deal, Giambi also never made 25mil a year.

Howard hasn't disgraced himself by using anything other than calories to help his game. So far at least.

Eh, Howard's never had a season as good as the two Giambi had before signing his big deal, Giambi also never made 25mil a year.

I think I would disagree with that. Ryan Howards 2006 season was pretty insane when you think about it. 58 HRs with 149 rbi's while batting over 300. He has managed to put up over 140 rbi's 3 out of the last 4 years. His only knock really is that he strikes out a lot.

Eh, Howard's MVP season was a .436wOBA season, which is nice but Giambi had three seasons better and another three seasons better than Howard's second best year.

He's a good player but he's now the top paid 1b but is probably the 6th or 7th most valuable.

Puljos must be licking his lips. IMO and i would imagine mosts he is a far supperior 1b to howard , most feared hitter in the game (power and average) not to mention he is much more defensively stable. I thnk joe morgan was talking about this on sunday night baseball last weekend , saying whatever howard get expect albert to a fair amount higher

The only thing that might keep the price down on Pujols is the fact that he made a big stink about how the Cardinals need to sign players to protect him in the line up and he would take a home town discount if they did. They went and signed Holliday so Albert is kind of put into a jam. Thats just me rambling though, im sure he will get a boatload of money. My guess is 8 years, 230 million.

Robinson Cano has had a bad April every full year in the majors. He's making up for the first four.

Eh, Howard's MVP season was a .436wOBA season, which is nice but Giambi had three seasons better and another three seasons better than Howard's second best year.

He's a good player but he's now the top paid 1b but is probably the 6th or 7th most valuable.

Can you please name the 5 more valuable first basemen? Please don't say Fielder.

Can you please name the 5 more valuable first basemen? Please don't say Fielder.

In 2009,

Pujols

Fielder

Gonzalez

Youkilis

Teixeira

Cabrera

Lee

In 2008,

Pujols

Berkman

Tex

Youkilis

Pena

Votto

Gonzalez

Morneau

Can we just put Roy Halladays name on the NL Cy Young Now?

2 SO

3CG

He's close to unhitable.

Tim Lincecum disagrees with this.

Can we just put Roy Halladays name on the NL Cy Young Now?

2 SO

3CG

He's close to unhitable.

Im not sure about that one. Lincecum still has a lower ERA and a few more strikeouts. Im surprised at the start Brad Penny is off to.

It's because Dave Duncan is actually a voodoo witchdoctor. I mean, Jeff Weaver has a world series win with him as his pitching coach.

In 2009,

Pujols

Fielder

Gonzalez

Youkilis

Teixeira

Cabrera

Lee

In 2008,

Pujols

Berkman

Tex

Youkilis

Pena

Votto

Gonzalez

Morneau

I am just looking at 2009 stats, and how is Youkilis (.305, 27 HR, 94 RBI) more valuable than Howard (.277, 45, 141). And Gonzalez (.277, 40, 99). The only thing he does wrong is SO too much, but so most power hitters (except the unbelievable SO/BB ratio of Pujols). I think Ryan Howard is the second most intimidating 1B in baseball.