Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tjl_48

2010 MLB Thread

Youkilis was worth a whole win more than Howard due to his defense. If you just use hitting and not defense then it hurts Howard even more 'cause it brings Cabrera, Dunn and Votto into the mix.

I am just looking at 2009 stats, and how is Youkilis (.305, 27 HR, 94 RBI) more valuable than Howard (.277, 45, 141). And Gonzalez (.277, 40, 99). The only thing he does wrong is SO too much, but so most power hitters (except the unbelievable SO/BB ratio of Pujols). I think Ryan Howard is the second most intimidating 1B in baseball.

Howard and fielder are ultimately the same its either a home run or a strike out. To say howard is the secong most dangerous is questionable , especially when you have a guy like Tex who can hit from both sides and is 2 times the fielder still hitting for power

Howard and fielder are ultimately the same its either a home run or a strike out. To say howard is the secong most dangerous is questionable , especially when you have a guy like Tex who can hit from both sides and is 2 times the fielder still hitting for power

Ok, 1B's job is number one to hit the ball. Teixeira hits switch yes, but Howard produces more from one side of the plate, I'll take my chances with Howard. I don't get the lack of love for Howard, guy consistently puts up 140 RBI season, who else does that? A power hitter's job is to go yaw-yaw and cash em in, and he's second best. If you guys are so worried about Fielding, then by all means, sign Casey Kotchman lol.

Youkilis was worth a whole win more than Howard due to his defense. If you just use hitting and not defense then it hurts Howard even more 'cause it brings Cabrera, Dunn and Votto into the mix.

Philly made the World Series the last two years? Where's the extra win for Youk?

And yes I am using just hitting. Would you really take Dunn or Votto over Howard if you considered defense?

I'll take the high road here 'cause I understand that some people do actually think the only way you can contribute is HR and RBI.

There's a reason why value stats never put Howard as a top 5 first baseman.

I don't see what that proves. Justin Morneau has an MVP when he wasn't even the most valuable player on his own team.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&hd=1">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="447" height="276">

LOL

Can't believe people are making such a big deal about him getting tased. I also think this is hilarious and he got exactly what he deserved.

Especially since he continued to run around like an idiot even after the security guard had it out.

Especially since he continued to run around like an idiot even after the security guard had it out.

What are you going to do stop and let him get a good clean shot?

I don't see what that proves. Justin Morneau has an MVP when he wasn't even the most valuable player on his own team.

Well, if you are going to dispute the MVP vote, then you are un-arguable-with lol

What are you going to do stop and let him get a good clean shot?

I would turtle and hope for pity. 30,000 people see you go down and give up, theres no way the cop still tases him.

Can't believe people are making such a big deal about him getting tased. I also think this is hilarious and he got exactly what he deserved.

+1

I think they should make it a policy. I bet you'd wouldn't see it much anymore.

+1

I think they should make it a policy. I bet you'd wouldn't see it much anymore.

There's nothing wrong with tasers, they make for good entertainment. I've watched that video at least 10 times now.

There's nothing wrong with tasers, they make for good entertainment. I've watched that video at least 10 times now.

Except for the fact that people keep randomly dying after being tazed coupled with the fact that police officers are pretty footloose and fancy free discharging them on people.

Except for the fact that people keep randomly dying after being tazed coupled with the fact that police officers are pretty footloose and fancy free discharging them on people.

I think the problem is that they are considered non-lethal, so cops take that to heart and assume that they can't really do any major harm to you. Sure, you could get shot by a real gun and survive, but would you want to take the chance?

On a happier note...Eric Byrnes has acknowledged that he is likely done in the bigs and is playing beer league softball. No joke...article is on Yahoo Sports. The Dbacks are on the hook for his $11M salary (even though he was on the M's this year)...not bad money for a beer leaguer :)