Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jds

Power Balance Bracelet

Jarick, that gentleman in the video has faulty logic. He says that because the "pusher" can't figure out who has the card, the placebo affect of the card was ineffective. Whether the "pusher" can guess who fought back against him the most is irrelevant to whether the person who had the hologram was able to fight back stronger than when he didn't have the hologram. By the way, it appeared the lead skeptic wasn't welling to take the test. Seriously, what kind of mental pussy is that, if you're not willing to be proved wrong??? Finally, I showed these movements to other people after this video and, no, we weren't shifting our weight and pushing harder on the first part.

We've had similar new products discussed on MSH before and the only "Power Of The Mind" that I've noticed is the multitude of people who HAVEN'T tried the product authoritatively tell the rest of us why it doesn't work.

There may be a placebo affect while using these holograms while playing a sport, but I can assure you there was NO placebo affect while performing these balance movements. Part of the reason there was no placebo effect is none of us had any idea what to expect. "Here, hold your arm out and fight against me. NowLetMePutThisHereRealQuickly....and fight against me."

The only thing I'd suggest to the skeptics -- of which I'm quite sure I would have been until someone tried it on me -- is try the movements without the holograms. See how well you are able to balance yourself in those positions. You can certainly try the movement with and without your cellphone.

By the way, the one behind the back seemed to have the most striking difference. I remember him being able to pull me back pretty easily, yet I felt I could actually hold his weight when he put the hologram in my pocket.

Jesus, man, stop looking for gremlins! At 1:48 he was able to pull me down with one hand, while standing on both feet, but at 1:57 he had to lean forward to try to get his weight on top to be able to pull me down, which he couldn't do.

Besides which, none of that is relevant. The only part that is relevant was whether I was more balanced. Regardless how he was leaning, in the first attempt he pulled me back easily. In the second attempt. I literally was able to lift him slightly.

Do the test yourself. See how much strength/balance you have in that position. At the very least, you'll find that it doesn't take much effort from the person doing the pulling.

It flat out DOES NOT WORK!!!

Tests

People need to stop believing in this hokum and other woo-woo crap. Stop paying for this stuff and other mystical powers like crystals, faith healers, physics, holistic medicine, divining, etc. The only thing it is doing is making these charlatans rich.

If you can prove that any of this works in a scientific double blind test than I urge you to go to the JREF website and take James Randi’s million dollar challenge. So far not one has passed and proven to be real.

If you insist on believing this stuff, I have magic string that you can tie on your wrist, finger or even put in your pocket. I will sell it to you cheap. Price is by the inch plus shipping and handling fees.

Thanks for sharing the video Jason.

I actually did a flexibility test a couple weeks ago, and I was freaked out.

chk hrd, there is nothing in that page which disproves whether the holograms work. The closest is the transcript from video that Jarick posted, in which the gentleman chose the wrong person who had the hologram. But as I mentioned earlier, whether someone picked the wrong person is irrelevant to whether the person who had the hologram actually had more balance/strength during that test.

Too many of you are making the presupposition that we either were expecting an improvement (a placebo) or want to believe in charlatans (naivety). All I can tell you is I knew nothing about the product, a guy asks me to fight against his push, he quickly puts a card in my pocket, then he asks me to fight against him again. I had no idea what to expect, but I think my immediate words were, "What the hell is this???"

Do I think there's quackery out there? Of course. And six months ago I would have included these holograms as an example.

Given neuroscientists believe we are so little into our evolution that we use less than 10% of our brain's capacity, do I think it's possible there could be optimal conditions for the brain to demonstrate improvement? Of course. An easy example is using caffeine to try to stay alert while driving.

Do I think these holograms create the optimal conditions? I have no idea. The only thing I know, based on watching the reaction of 8-10 people is that everyone in this thread would be preaching to the choir after they tried the tests. To me, the placebo occurs when playing a sport while using the holograms, because one is putting faith into ( a ) the holograms improve balance and ( b ) improved balance leads to better performance. However, when someone puts a card under your foot and you suddenly are able to fight his pushes, that's not a placebo. That's some strange shit.

I'm going to call Don from the video to see if he'd be willing to post here what he's learned while selling these.

For what it's worth guys, Jason is almost as much of a skeptic as I am. If says that he experienced something, I believe him.

I think I'd be more convinced if they had a random guy administering the tests rather than a salesman.

Ha ha these things are no more effective than the cell phone signal boosters that are just stickers. My hat's off to the inventor though. Make a product that does absolutely nothing and fool people into spending $30 a pop for one. Pure genius.

I'm pretty skeptical. But I also know very little about the electronic/magnetic field that the body has.

A few questions though. If the card needs to only be within 3 feet of the subject then why isn't the person administering the test also benefit from the hologram? and shouldn't the person being administered the test have already felt the effects seeing as they were within 3 feet?

Also, how do you embed a frequency into a hologram? Doesn't something need to continually create a frequency?

I agree with Jason that the "debunking" isn't sound testing. Only the person wearing the bracelet or stickers would know the effect it had on them. I haven't read anything that uses any scientific testing to debunk it.

I've looked into more debunking and most of what I'm reading is basically "It can't possibly work because I don't believe it". There's nothing tangible to back up the skepticism. And in that case, I'm willing to believe the people who have tried it rather than those who are claiming it can't possibly work because there has been quackery in the past.

I'd like to see more scientific tests done on both sides of the aisle before fully siding with one side.

I'm pretty skeptical. But I also know very little about the electronic/magnetic field that the body has.

A few questions though. If the card needs to only be within 3 feet of the subject then why isn't the person administering the test also benefit from the hologram? and shouldn't the person being administered the test have already felt the effects seeing as they were within 3 feet?

Also, how do you embed a frequency into a hologram? Doesn't something need to continually create a frequency?

I agree with Jason that the "debunking" isn't sound testing. Only the person wearing the bracelet or stickers would know the effect it had on them. I haven't read anything that uses any scientific testing to debunk it.

I've looked into more debunking and most of what I'm reading is basically "It can't possibly work because I don't believe it". There's nothing tangible to back up the skepticism. And in that case, I'm willing to believe the people who have tried it rather than those who are claiming it can't possibly work because there has been quackery in the past.

I'd like to see more scientific tests done on both sides of the aisle before fully siding with one side.

Well said, all the way around. When he put the fake cards on people, I was expecting him to ask them if they had the real one or a fake. That wouldn't have been scientific, but a hell of a lot more valid.

I think I'd be more convinced if they had a random guy administering the tests rather than a salesman.

I understand that, Jarick, but when I got home I tried the same test on my family.

"Hey, Liss, stand up one one leg like this. Put your arms out. Now fight against me as I push your arm down. Okay, hold onto this. Now fight against me again."

"Wow, Daddy, that's amazing!!"

All I can tell you is the three of them were convinced that they were stronger while holding the hologram, as well as weaker when we tried it with the cellphone (which, by the way, is the easiest way for someone to test the inverse of the holograms).

VakarLajos, it's three inches, not three feet.

The rule of common sense says that if this technology had any credibility, real companies with access to billions of dollars in R&D would have refined and exploited the concept.

I understand that, Jarick, but when I got home I tried the same test on my family.

"Hey, Liss, stand up one one leg like this. Put your arms out. Now fight against me as I push your arm down. Okay, hold onto this. Now fight against me again."

"Wow, Daddy, that's amazing!!"

All I can tell you is the three of them were convinced that they were stronger while holding the hologram, as well as weaker when we tried it with the cellphone (which, by the way, is the easiest way for someone to test the inverse of the holograms).

VakarLajos, it's three inches, not three feet.

Ahh, my bad. Makes a bit more sense.

I feel pretty skeptical too. But if some hockey review company (HockeyUS, IcehockeyWarehouse or inlinewarhouse) would review it, and perhaps depending on the types of comments given by others, I might look into it. But really, I don't think that something like this would be necessary. Perhaps it may work, but would it have that big of a difference?

I feel pretty skeptical too. But if some hockey review company (HockeyUS, IcehockeyWarehouse or inlinewarhouse) would review it, and perhaps depending on the types of comments given by others, I might look into it. But really, I don't think that something like this would be necessary. Perhaps it may work, but would it have that big of a difference?

I'd be more interested in a MSH user review.

Perhaps a long term review as well.

See if these effects wear off after time as your body gets used to it or something...

I was at the LHS, I did the test, I was amazed by the results

I truly believe it was placebo, but I bought one anyways, especially since the guy says I have 60 days...I figure use it for a few weeks and see

I am really a big skeptic, the logical part of me does not want to believe this is possible...but I really do believe it gave me more balance, how exactly? I don't know..was it placebo? maybe...but with it on, I had more balance

flexibility: no difference

balance: night and day

I am returning it, I was mostly curious to see, and I do believe I had better balance when I was aware of it's presence...hard to do the test fairly when I can't trick myself

I don't believe reviews from anyone that is selling a product.

Jason isn't a user?

I don't believe reviews from anyone that is selling a product.

Jason isn't a user?

My bad, I thought he was involved in the distribution as well.