Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Kopitar's injury was caused by the horrific condition of the ice at Staples, not the skates.

I've only see the Kopitar injury once, but from what I remember, it looked like an inch of his runner was dug into the ice

I've only see the Kopitar injury once, but from what I remember, it looked like an inch of his runner was dug into the ice

Yeah from what I remember it looked like he caught a divot in the perfect spot resulting in a freak accident. Unfortunate but it happens.

That wasn't what he implied. Its just that Bauer might look bad seeing that first Kopitar and now Rooney suffered lower-body injuries in the new APX skates.

The correlation (which I realize you don't endorse) is just that. There's a much larger sample size, and a stronger correlation between players skating on bad ice and suffering lower body injuries.

Yeah from what I remember it looked like he caught a divot in the perfect spot resulting in a freak accident. Unfortunate but it happens.

Just wondering if the different cut and stiffness of the skate offer less structural stability for Stronger players! NHL guys love their 60's and one95's. No tongue, no fusion, and instead they try something softer. I know my One95's were stiff as ski boots! I wonder how I would have reacted with the 95's vs. APX(a lighter boot designed for agility and speed).

The correlation (which I realize you don't endorse) is just that. There's a much larger sample size, and a stronger correlation between players skating on bad ice and suffering lower body injuries.

This was my original wonder. My big-ass in an APX?

Its available to all retailers in Canada, so its not an SMU. Can't speak for the US though.

I think pure hockey just makes things like that up. They also claimed they're getting a limited edition vapor skate(can't remember which one exactly) that's exclusive to them, but it's the same one everyone else is getting

Anybody see the refs eject John Scott and Raffi Torres for talking about fighting? What was that bullshit?!

Is this the right section? lol

but yeah that was funny

aaand back on topic...

Couldn't find any pictures, but has anyone noticed the stick Dany Heatley is using tonight? S19 (I think) with all white graphics looks sick.

Doughty is using an RS in this pick, but what caught my eye more was the lie on his blade, is it just me/an optical illusion, or does Doughty use a crazy low lie?

la_u_daughty01_576.jpg

The stick is turned a little bit towards doughty. The more it's turned in that direction, the lie is going to look flatter and flatter till ur looking at the bottom of the stick.

The stick is turned a little bit towards doughty. The more it's turned in that direction, the lie is going to look flatter and flatter till ur looking at the bottom of the stick.

Yeah, probably just an optical illusion I guess.

I have 2 Ray Whittney Pro Stocks S19's and the lie on one says 4 and the other says 3. I put them next to a Warrior 4 lie and it is quite a bit lower.

Regarding posts that have been deleted.

Please stop posting inaccurate information regarding Warrior lies. It is not true, no matter how many times it has been repeated, it is still not true. I'm tired of explaining why it isn't true and any future posts repeating that misinformation will be deleted.

Any body notice that Ovi is using a longer stick with a flatter heel-toe wedge while manning the blue line. Darren Pang pointed out that he was switching, but I had noticed he had a completely different stick and curve. It would be impressive if he figured out to use the one from the blue line as well!

I think pure hockey just makes things like that up. They also claimed they're getting a limited edition vapor skate(can't remember which one exactly) that's exclusive to them, but it's the same one everyone else is getting

100%. The 7.0 & 3.0LE will be available everywhere as well.

Any body notice that Ovi is using a longer stick with a flatter heel-toe wedge while manning the blue line. Darren Pang pointed out that he was switching, but I had noticed he had a completely different stick and curve. It would be impressive if he figured out to use the one from the blue line as well!

I noticed that he would switch sticks throughout a game. I also noticed how often a puck will just slide off his blade when he tries to pull a wrist shot. Maybe he needs a more pronounced toe curve :-D

I notice both Thornton and Ovi are back in the old CCM U+ skate. Both were in CL's earlier this year. Any reason for the switch back?

I heard one rumor this week that Ovechkin may follow Jagr's lead and give Combat a good long look for his next endorsement deal.

well then, there ya go.