Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Cat's out of the bag! Easton's all white "S19 Pure" stick is coming to Pure Hockey ONLY this July. You won't be able to get it anywhere else! Can't wait to show it to you because it's too sweet for words.

via facebook

Cat's out of the bag! Easton's all white "S19 Pure" stick is coming to Pure Hockey ONLY this July. You won't be able to get it anywhere else! Can't wait to show it to you because it's too sweet for words.

I assume it's identical specs-wise to the S19 then. An SMU makes it all the way to the NHL? Good for Pure Hockey, I guess.

via facebook

via facebook

Its available to all retailers in Canada, so its not an SMU. Can't speak for the US though.

Onto a question I have....For you guys here that spend a lot of time in and around Kettler and Verizon Center, is Green's stick a true ST?

I am curious to know for real. Not interested in hearing 'probably' or 'likely a repaint' theories. Just want to hear from someone who actually knows for certain. Thanks guys...

We have one in the shop. It's not like the pro-stock STs I've seen and it feels like a CNT. No production codes or anything definitive on it. Pretty whippy and short too. Next time I see him or one of their EQMs knocking around sometime I'll ask.

We have one in the shop. It's not like the pro-stock STs I've seen and it feels like a CNT. No production codes or anything definitive on it. Pretty whippy and short too. Next time I see him or one of their EQMs knocking around sometime I'll ask.

Sounds good - thanks Vakar!

Anyone notice the Ref who needed to see the trainer after injuring his knee or ankle in the Caps vs. Rangers game is another leg injury in the APX skates?

Sounds good - thanks Vakar!

Checked it out again today. Retail ST might actually have a thinner taper. Not by a lot, but just slightly.

Didn't have a CNT to compare it to, but CNT with a sharkgrip blade is my best guess.

Also, noticed Fedotenko using a 2011 9k stick.

Anyone notice the Ref who needed to see the trainer after injuring his knee or ankle in the Caps vs. Rangers game is another leg injury in the APX skates?

And the skates had anything to do with the injury because? He caught himself on the back of the net.

And the skates had anything to do with the injury because? He caught himself on the back of the net.

That wasn't what he implied. Its just that Bauer might look bad seeing that first Kopitar and now Rooney suffered lower-body injuries in the new APX skates.

That wasn't what he implied. Its just that Bauer might look bad seeing that first Kopitar and now Rooney suffered lower-body injuries in the new APX skates.

I think they look pretty good seeing as how many players are using their skates, gloves, sticks, helmets, visors, and pants.

I think they look pretty good seeing as how many players are using their skates, gloves, sticks, helmets, visors, and pants.

For sure, this injury issue is a moot point imo. Bauer is just too established and proven to be affected by a couple injuries. More significant injuries occur all the time that could be due to equipment quality (concussions?) yet I don't see how that can significantly impact sales unless some kind of defamatory report (from a 3rd party mind you) comes out saying that so-and-so's helmet used by x number of players failed to protect whomever from a concussion.

I still don't understand how freak/rare incidents that lead to injury can affect a skates sale at all? I mean, if people kept getting broken toes or injured time from say..taking slap shots to the boot, then I could understand. But, these were accidents that are out of the ordinary. Won't have any affect at all.

I still don't understand how freak/rare incidents that lead to injury can affect a skates sale at all? I mean, if people kept getting broken toes or injured time from say..taking slap shots to the boot, then I could understand. But, these were accidents that are out of the ordinary. Won't have any affect at all.

Yeah it wouldn't, I just remember there was discussion some time ago when Kopitar got hurt, how some people here pointed to the APX skates.

yeah he actually had to leave the game, and be replaced by the substitute ref...

Turned out he broke his fibula.

Replying to both your comments, I am not saying this means they are a bad skate or a bad brand. I wear Bauers and swear by them. But, I also watch as many games as I can and I find it strange that in a month there have been two weird falls that broke a fibula and a severe sprain which can be worse than a break. I saw somewhere on here that the APX is supposed to be a softer boot than the TO and X:60. Just wondering if the boot cut or stiffness is that different. I will say that Kopitar's injury would make me think more about the boot than if he broke his foot blocking a slap shots. I am not trying to blame the boot or come up with some crazy conspiracy theory just a 2010-2011 gear sighting conversation.

Furthermore, I am weird about things like this. Ask 99% of the people out there if they know what skates Kopitar and the Ref were wearing when they got hurt and they will not know. So of course this will not affect the sales of the skate. Just something I noticed.

I'd say if anything whenever a player gets a concussion that the certain helmet/manufacturer would receive some sort of bad press, but since no helmet can prevent it in the first place it's one of those situations where "it is what it is" as much as I hate that phrase

There is a reason the people injuring themselves in these accidents are wearing bauer, its because a majority of the players are using them. Twenty years ago if u had a concussion survey it would make ccm helmets look like shit. Purely coincidence

There is a reason the people injuring themselves in these accidents are wearing bauer, its because a majority of the players are using them. Twenty years ago if u had a concussion survey it would make ccm helmets look like shit. Purely coincidence

I was never saying it was Bauer's fault. Just that it is bad that the two high ankle or fibula breaks are in the new skates after not seeing many injuries like this.

I thought he got hit in the back of a knee with a slap-dump?

Watching tsn this morning, they showed the injured ha s skating by themselves, pacioretty was wearing the s19 helmet. Harder outside shell in comparison to the 4500 and his concusion the reason?

Watching tsn this morning, they showed the injured habs skating by themselves, pacioretty was wearing the s19 helmet. Harder outside shell in comparison to the 4500 and his concusion perhaps the reason for the switch.