Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Have you worked as a pro rep?

I can tell you from first hand experience as one that a player with a contract will have no problem in switching and doesn't care about the terms of their contract if they feel their stick/equipment is inferior to the one they are contractually obligated to use. Case and point, Mats Sundin in 2003 when he was under contract to CCM and used a TPS stick, Ziggy Palffy early 2000's when he switched to KOHO gloves from VIC, Dustin Brown 2011 when he ditched Combat for first Easton and now Bauer. There are probably others out there, but those immediately come to mind.

I have worked in the business and know how it works. There is no way Bauer (or any other company) would do this or allow it to happen to their sticks...GUARANTEED!

Semi-related question: When players sign these contracts (the big ones, Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos etc.) do the contracts outline how the agreement changes if the player should decide to use some piece of equipment from another manufacturer? In example, would there be a clause that reduces payments due to the player by (for example) 25% if he should choose to use another brand of stick?

I've also wondered why CCM hasn't changed the colorway on Ovi's gloves to look more like one of their current models. Obviously he's particular about his gloves, but it doesn't seem like it would take a ton of effort to give them a visual appearance closer to one of their current retail offerings by changing the striping. I can't imagine they couldn't maintain the feel of the glove while updating the look a bit.

2697831.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA

Brett Hull at his best. I'm assuming this is just a joke ala McMahon and his "ROZELLE" headband from way back.

Brett Hull at his best. I'm assuming this is just a joke ala McMahon and his "ROZELLE" headband from way back.

Yeah its probably more than a little bit tongue in cheek.

Matt Duchene will be wearing the 11K helmet tonight.

If anyones wondering why he knows, duchene posted it on his twitter earlier, just an FYI

Is Aaron Asham wearing 5030 shoulders? It could've been just the caps, I guess.

Looked like 5030's to me. I'm sure that Letang was also wearing them in the 24/7 HBO special as well. Finally I have some pro equipment... Lol

If anyones wondering why he knows, duchene posted it on his twitter earlier, just an FYI

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think he ended up wearing it did he?

Dose anyone know what cages were being used in the frozen four?

majority were ccm/jofa fm480's, but their was also the bauer concept II shield, Itec TI cage and bauer rbe viii

What is this stick? A new prototype? I actually noticed it first watching the Flames/Canucks on Saturday night, Backlund and Regehr were using it. I could see from pausing my DVR that it says Easton very clearly in the yellow band there.

Here are some pics with Stajan using the same stick against the Oilers the other day.

gettyimagessport2.jpg

gettyimagessport1.jpg

gettyimagessport.jpg