Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Surprised no one got on here and posted a Stamkos sighting with a Bauer 8500 cage.

Hopefully shield wearing pros were watching. That's what happens when you knuckleheads don't tighten the shield and flip it up and down.

Surprised no one got on here and posted a Stamkos sighting with a Bauer 8500 cage.

Hopefully shield wearing pros were watching. That's what happens when you knuckleheads don't tighten the shield and flip it up and down.

Actually it was a CCM FM480.

114891473.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57DD466D054274C498CE076E76F4D4710AF0BD7B0BBF4892FF5

Doesn't look like Stamkos tilts his visor at all. Looks like he wears it the way it should be worn

Only Bruins using the RS are Peverly and Krecji. Krec, took some time to get used to it too. Everyone else dumped their samples. I think I have seen about everyones practice used RS that they got rid of.

It reals thinner or skinny almost like a Junior shaft. ITs an interesting stick

You might want to go back and look at who actually uploaded that photo.

Hence why I posted this shortly thereafter:

I stand corrected. It wasn't Base that said it was theirs, but rather a picture of him with the stick and someone added it to Base Hockey's pics on FB. It's clearly an RS.

Checkin out the Major's bench...all Warrior sticks, mostly 2011 Dolomite DDs, it looks like they got a new sponsor. When I visited the locker room last year (was part of the flag ceremony before the game haha, got autographs and everything), all they used were SE16s. Met Dave Cameron and he said he didn't like them cause they were snapping like crazy during the game (noticed that too). How common is it for Major Junior squads to stick with one sponsor for gear and switch things up?

yeah that would be it then, it's just that they were with Easton about last spring...so tempted to just ask one of the team guys for a stick haha. It was honestly a rack full of blue SE16s with a few S19s and X:60 for the drafted guys like Gaunce and Cizikas.

Actually it was a CCM FM480.

Stand corrected. Nice pic.

If they don't flip the visor...then why don't they use the VR924 which would prevent the visor from coming down like that? I don't buy that it was secured properly.

If they don't flip the visor...then why don't they use the VR924 which would prevent the visor from coming down like that? I don't buy that it was secured properly.

seriously? the reason is because no one except heatley wants a big visor like that. Why do you think the straight cut pro is so popular? because its smaller. They just want to protect their eyes, which is what happened in Stamkos' case. Just like lampliter87 said, without it that would have been alot worse

stevo's got it. Few NHL players wear a large visor such as Heatley's. Stamkos' visor was properly mounted but was a "less" protective model. It did it's job though, even if he had been wearing a Heatley model the helmet would have tilted instead of the visor and he still would have been injured.

stevo's got it. Few NHL players wear a large visor such as Heatley's. Stamkos' visor was properly mounted but was a "less" protective model. It did it's job though, even if he had been wearing a Heatley model the helmet would have tilted instead of the visor and he still would have been injured.

Yeah. No visor is perfect. I've seen in games where the visor has protected the eyes during an impact of some sort, but it also bent in at the bottom and cut the nose. Still, a visor of some sort is better than nothing.

Is there a slo-mo of it? Pretty sure that the back of the helmet would've buckled up after that shot - with any visor, it would've happened.

Is there a slo-mo of it? Pretty sure that the back of the helmet would've buckled up after that shot - with any visor, it would've happened.

About half way through this video there's a semi-slow mo.

seriously? the reason is because no one except heatley wants a big visor like that. Why do you think the straight cut pro is so popular? because its smaller. They just want to protect their eyes, which is what happened in Stamkos' case. Just like lampliter87 said, without it that would have been alot worse

Heatley? Cmon man...get your visors straight. Heatley wears the 910. The 924 is the straight cut pro with the vents.

No doubt without the visor it would have been WAY worse...but the loose shield is dangerous

Heatley? Cmon man...get your visors straight. Heatley wears the 910. The 924 is the straight cut pro with the vents.

No doubt without the visor it would have been WAY worse...but the loose shield is dangerous

All I said was Heatley wears a big visor, not that he wears a 924

You insinuated that by calling the 924 a "big" visor. It's the same height as the Pro Straight (which is a popular visor) but with vents. Not everyone wears the Straight Small.

what other players wear big visors? i was trying to think of someone and couldn't come up with any names

Cody Hodgson's been wearing a [kinda] big visor since breaking an orbital bone.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Cody+Hodgson/San+Jose+Sharks+v+Vancouver+Canucks+Game+Two/C6CXxno-K5u

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Cody+Hodgson/Chicago+Blackhawks+v+Vancouver+Canucks+Game/WZaL7URTT6r

Kelly on Boston

Kelly didn't wear one that big until his recent injury after he collided with the goalpost. He wore the full cage for a few games and then switched to the big visor.

what other players wear big visors? i was trying to think of someone and couldn't come up with any names

Colin White of NJ

Obviously, Lindstrom for years use to wear his signature long visor, not anymore though.