Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Nothing interesting at Islanders rookie camp, only Kirill Kabanov using a Salming and Cody Rosen with a Totalone stick

How does Kabanov look out there? Could he make the team?

even considering michwolverine is the founder of brooklynite hockey?

Not saying I don't think michwolverine is wrong at all, but Law Goalie is always credible with his stuff.

but michwolverine is the OWNER of the company law goalie speaks about. if nittimaki was going to wear pads with brooklynite on them, don't you think they would know about it?

I agree with you regarding law goalie's reputation. he's definitely up there with regards to knowledge, however you'd have to be crazy to doubt MW here.

but michwolverine is the OWNER of the company law goalie speaks about. if nittimaki was going to wear pads with brooklynite on them, don't you think they would know about it?

I agree with you regarding law goalie's reputation. he's definitely up there with regards to knowledge, however you'd have to be crazy to doubt MW here.

I'm sure they would know about it. But how often to the heads of companies always know something and immediately deny it up front knowing full well it'll be news a few weeks later. Not that this is the situation here, but even so.

I honestly know nothing about goalie gear, but I felt like Law Goalie kinda just got slapped in the face here.

How does Kabanov look out there? Could he make the team?

If he gets faster. He has the size and power to be a powerforward along with a heavy shot. Maybe just work on speed for the rest of the summer and he might get on as an injury reserve. Definitely playing top minutes in the AHL though.

If he gets faster. He has the size and power to be a powerforward along with a heavy shot. Maybe just work on speed for the rest of the summer and he might get on as an injury reserve. Definitely playing top minutes in the AHL though.

he is not eligible to play in the ahl. it's either moncton, nhl or back to russia. flynn and the rest of the players from the wildcats have stated he'd be welcomed back if he doesn't make the isles out of camp.

ashtonwarrior.jpg

Looks like Warrior is using the same font on the gloves as the stick nameplates now (for embroidery).

Wow I can't believe you noticed that. I'm seriously impressed, it's not like it's an obvious change :blink:

Wow I can't believe you noticed that. I'm seriously impressed, it's not like it's an obvious change :blink:

I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadnt seen a 17mp of the original- there is so much detail in those I could see something different about the text. I couldnt make it to the skate so I asked a buddy to send me a pile of pics, dug through them looking for anything interesting.

Besides this the only gear that stood out was the really, really old gear. Lots of old RBK and CCM gloves, some old Synergy and Z-Air eastons, and some XXX's. Obviously the Bolts didn't buy anything new yet. Maybe they will for actual training camp.

I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadnt seen a 17mp of the original- there is so much detail in those I could see something different about the text. I couldnt make it to the skate so I asked a buddy to send me a pile of pics, dug through them looking for anything interesting.

Besides this the only gear that stood out was the really, really old gear. Lots of old RBK and CCM gloves, some old Synergy and Z-Air eastons, and some XXX's. Obviously the Bolts didn't buy anything new yet. Maybe they will for actual training camp.

I hope they add this as a custom option on their gloves from now on!!!

Nothing interesting at Islanders rookie camp, only Kirill Kabanov using a Salming and Cody Rosen with a Totalone stick

Is is one of the curved shaft Salmings?

Is is one of the curved shaft Salmings?

No regular taper, straight shaft. I was thinking the same thing so I went over behind the bench and looked at the stick Ashe sat there. It was red and yellow hearths taper and black on the rest of the shaft

The Detroit Free Press and Detroit News posted photo galleries from the Wings' prospect camp...I attended every day (for MLive) and wish I could tell you that I saw a bunch of super-secret and new gear, but I didn't. Most of the prospects were wearing the made-in-China 4-roll Reebok gloves...I believe Andrej Nestrasil got his hands on a nice pair of leftover MIA or Eagle-made Reeboks with an MSH palm, but otherwise, gloves were normal, nothing doing on helmets or visors, most of the players were using X60 skates, the sticks were split with 1/3 using Eastons (S19's or Synergy 16's), 1/3 using Reebok 10K's, and 1/3 using Bauer Vapor 60's or One95's. Power skating coach Andy Weidenbach wore a pair of Flexlites. The glove pattern's pretty normal--for the three years I've been there, the Wings either clean out their stock of Reeboks or get a bunch of this year's "model," if you will, as a decent chunk of the year's participants are heading to the AHL.

No Total One sticks or skates, and I believe that Louis-Marc Aubry of the Montreal Juniors had a blacked-out Reebok prototype by the last day of camp.

Goalie-wise, Thomas McCollum was using Brian's (Zero G gloves, Focus pads) and I never got a chance to ask him whether his Brian's stick was a foam-core or all wood, Petr Mrazek was using Reebok everything, ditto for Drew Palmissano, and Mike Mountain had Vaughn pads and was using GDI gloves. Thomas said he'd been fitted for the this year's form-fitting NHL gear and was going to lose about 3/4" off his thigh rise, but planned on keeping a set of NHL gear in Grand Rapids (i.e. leg pads, chest protector, pants) and continuing to wear his present gear in the AHL. He didn't stand to lose much because he's 6'2" and over 200 lbs.

Jiri Fischer was on the coaching staff and wouldn't ditch his O-stick for a 10K for more than half a day, and I talked to Landon Ferraro about his stick a few times. He was using the blue Synergy Stealth CNT's in a retail 85 flex Iginla curve, but Red Deer had used Reebok sticks, and he hasn't really found anything he liked since the original O-stick went the way of the dodo. He had a few O-sticks in his pattern (an Iginla with slightly less curve) and has yet to find a stick with a low-enough kick point for him. He, like more than a few of the other prospects who were using sticks with brands not kosher for their junior teams' stick deals, wrapped the shaft of his CNT's in tape to try to obscure the logo.

thx for the info, just to clarify the 05 stealth user also like the original o-stick? coz that surprised me

Yeah, Landon like the O-stick's extremely low kick point despite the fact that they broke all the time. He's been looking for an original O-Stick replacement in terms of a low kick point as he almost always takes snap shots and wrist shots. He doesn't load the stick particularly heavily so he wants a stick that can take the load of the puck and release it quickly, especially off the toe of his blade.

Before the mods delete your post =)))... I see they're going to use something in the line of the confort edge of the TotalONE, what looks to be a new white felt tongue, new x-rib design, new liner that kinda looks like clarino, I'm sorry they haven't kept the dual liner idea from I can tell. Also it looks like a new toe cap, but what intrigues me the most is the exterior, I can't tell if it's ALIVE or something like on the CCM U+ Reloaded. I would have liked to see the holder because someone mentioned that he saw ls3 steel and someone else said something about a new holder, so I would have liked to see if it's still the LS2 or a new one, maybe LS3. Did I miss anything?

i just dont want to see prototypes - sure im interested in seeing the final version - but for all we know the final version of the apx may look way different

So are these going to replace the X60's next season (2011-2012) or this coming season? I'm in the market for some new skates coming from One95's and i can get X60's pretty cheap but if these come out relatively soon then i'd wait? Anyone know a release date?

So are these going to replace the X60's next season (2011-2012) or this coming season? I'm in the market for some new skates coming from One95's and i can get X60's pretty cheap but if these come out relatively soon then i'd wait? Anyone know a release date?

April 2011 I assume, that would be the 2 year mark for the X60 skates, and stick would be october 2011. The X60 stick came out October 09 right?