Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

What are the rules in the SEL? I thought Reebok had it all sewn up.. or are the Warrior gloves and S19's just for pre-season?

Could be a pre-camp skate.

What are the rules in the SEL? I thought Reebok had it all sewn up.. or are the Warrior gloves and S19's just for pre-season?

That's Alex Steen.

There are no league-wide equipment rules or endorsements like I believe the AHL has, each team has their own agreement with manufacturers. Usually most players of a particular team wear gear from that team's equipment provider, but some players have their own endorsements. The major brands of the SEL are Reebok/CCM used by about half the teams and Bauer used by the other half, plus the individual endorsements.

but michwolverine is the OWNER of the company law goalie speaks about. if nittimaki was going to wear pads with brooklynite on them, don't you think they would know about it?

I agree with you regarding law goalie's reputation. he's definitely up there with regards to knowledge, however you'd have to be crazy to doubt MW here.

I'm sure they would know about it. But how often to the heads of companies always know something and immediately deny it up front knowing full well it'll be news a few weeks later. Not that this is the situation here, but even so.

I honestly know nothing about goalie gear, but I felt like Law Goalie kinda just got slapped in the face here.

Wow, I completely missed this little turn all those weeks ago.

For the record, I was only repeating something I'd heard elsewhere, and about which, in my excitement, I should have exercised better restraint. I would love to see James' pads in the show under any company's flag, much like I was ecstatic to see Scott Battram's in the KHL last year. Apart from Pete Smith, the non-retail custom goalie builders get very little play at higher levels, and it's not because they aren't craftsman of the first rank.

MW is, of course, the authority on the conduct of his company. His reply might be called curt, but it certainly wasn't inaccurate or even necessarily uncivil. He did, however, seem to suggest that there is some truth to the relationship between the two companies, which is great news for both of them.

Nobody got slapped; I spoke out of turn without doing my research and was corrected - somewhat more sharply than some might have expected - but I would rather have that than let an uninformed comment (even one of my own) pass without correction.

I've written far worse of people who made far smaller mistakes. :biggrin: One of the more trenchant episodes involved taking a kid aside and asking if he had ever suffered major occipital lobe trauma.

It would have been nice to have those sticks in stock in the shop about 3 months ago. RBK/CCM is always so timely with their booking order deliveries. Unless you requested 8/1, which is also a bit silly. cheers.

I'm still not sold on the Heritage Classic jerseys...

Montreal's doesn't look different enough from their current jerseys and Calgary look like they got inspiration from Ronald McDonald....

I'm still not sold on the Heritage Classic jerseys...

Montreal's doesn't look different enough from their current jerseys and Calgary look like they got inspiration from Ronald McDonald....

It was actually the Calgary Tigers, the first pro team in calgary.

It would have been nice to have those sticks in stock in the shop about 3 months ago. RBK/CCM is always so timely with their booking order deliveries. Unless you requested 8/1, which is also a bit silly. cheers.

still waiting for stuff from june. hahaha. god I hate their WIP status.

Not a fan of the beige shells, but I LOVE the jersey. I would wear that for sure, and I'm not even a Flames fan.

I think the jerseys that the Montreal Canadiens are planning to wear for the 2011 NHL Heritage Classic are jerseys from when they last won the Stanley Cup in the 1993-1994 NHL season. As for their jerseys not looking different enough from their current jerseys, I don't disagree. However, the Canadiens jersey for the most part haven't changed much since they've been "les bleu blanc et rouge". In addition, with the Centennial celebrations taking place approximately a year ago, it's probably a bit of a challenge to come up with another vintage jersey considering they revealed six vintage jerseys between the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 seasons.

Just to make a correction, I mean the 1992-1993 NHL season, and not the 1993-1994 NHL season.

I think the jerseys that the Montreal Canadiens are planning to wear for the 2011 NHL Heritage Classic are jerseys from when they last won the Stanley Cup in the 1993-1994 NHL season. As for their jerseys not looking different enough from their current jerseys, I don't disagree. However, the Canadiens jersey for the most part haven't changed much since they've been "les bleu blanc et rouge". In addition, with the Centennial celebrations taking place approximately a year ago, it's probably a bit of a challenge to come up with another vintage jersey considering they revealed six vintage jerseys between the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 seasons.

And the only difference is the number font, IIRC?

I would've been OK with the white version of their home jerseys (although they already used it in 09).

That's just my opinion of course.

That's the only issue I have with the outdoor games is these ugly jerseys. Calgary flames neve wore crap like that . Wear a white alternate of the third jersey they wore last year, not some faux or pueado "vintage" cliche bs.

That's the only issue I have with the outdoor games is these ugly jerseys. Calgary flames neve wore crap like that . Wear a white alternate of the third jersey they wore last year, not some faux or pueado "vintage" cliche bs.

The Calgary Flames are proud to announce that they will wear a fusion design jersey honouring the history of professional hockey in Calgary (inspired by the Calgary Tigers’ uniform) for the Heritage Classic at McMahon Stadium on February 20, 2011 versus the Montreal Canadiens.

The Tigers helped form the Western Canada Hockey League in 1921 to become the first major professional team in Calgary. In 1924, after winning the Western Canadian Championships, the Tigers became the first Calgary-based club to compete for the Stanley Cup, losing the best of three Finals in a sweep to the Montreal Canadiens led by Georges Vezina and Howie Morenz.

Not necessarily something that the Flames wore in the past, but still remembering hockey's history in Calgary.