Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissConduct

My EQ50!

I have used it twice (3 hours total). My passes are much harder, but for some reason my slap shot has gotten weaker, but it might be due to the fact I have new gloves and feel slippery on the shaft.. lol. How do you make your stick grippier? (or should I do a search ;)

I have used it twice (3 hours total). My passes are much harder, but for some reason my slap shot has gotten weaker, but it might be due to the fact I have new gloves and feel slippery on the shaft.. lol. How do you make your stick grippier? (or should I do a search ;)

You could use stick tape and candy cane the stick or maybe use a sticky roll

There is a spray at No Icing that seems to work pretty good at adding grip. I forget the name but you just spray it on the stick, let it set and you've got a nice grip. It also can be sprayed on your glove palms but I haven't tried that.

Used my EQ50 for the first time last night, coming from a Stealth CNT. You can really feel the puck on the blade, and giving and receiving passes is very nice. Felt like my wristshots lacked some pop, but they were pretty accurate because the puck feel is so good. Didn't notice a change with my slappers. The stick is very blade-light and feels lighter than my CNT because of the balance.

Used again tonight for 2 hours. Still madly in love with it ;D Passes are unbelievable, I'm still amazed :) I am glad I tried it at MSH Summer Jam, cause I don't think I would have bought one otherwise. Thanks JR!!!! ;) (and Easton hehehe)

I've used mine twice now. One stick and shoot and one pickup game. 85 flex non grip hall (sakic). 480 grams with no tape, 4 weights, and uncut

The balance is phenomenal, and the ability to personalize the balance is amazing. I'm still screwing around to find what weight setup I like the best, I think i'm gonna go with two weights in the end cap. I cut my sticks down to 58".

The shaft is stiff, really stiff. Almost too stiff. I went from a 100 flex se16 to and 85 flex EQ50 and they feel basically the same flex wise (both have been cut down. Maybe it's just me, maybe they have to be broken in, we will find out.

I agree with the above comment. It doesnt pop quite as much as i'd like. But you can't always get what you want, the balance and feel makes up for it, IMHO.

I don't know what it is, but I feel much more confident with my passes, my shots and my play in general. I feel like im playing significantly better. I realize 3 hours of ice time is a small sample size but somehow it made a huge difference. Oh and i got slashed and blocked a few shots with it yesterday and it still looks pristine. Better then the SE16 would have. The silver flecked off like crazy. Really liking the stick so far, cant wait to use it more tomorrow...

Sounds like a great stick. I got to see some in person today, very cool. I really liked the red grip version for some reason. It was surprisingly light and well balanced, even more so than I expected, but I couldn't hold it properly due to a splint tied to 2 of my right fingers.

Saw the EQ50 in person today for the first time...gotta say, it feels nice. Graphics are hideous though. I like the S17/S19 graphics much more. Hopefully someone picks one up soon so I can try it out on ice.

I swear last night I had the quickest top shelf goal I have ever scored. I can't wait tonight to use it again for 2 hours. Gonna try some more slappers tonight, see if I can find a happy medium between good slappers/wristers :D Might try removing some weights on Tuesday cause it's shittier hockey (women's LOL)

So I took off my tape to re-tape it and noticed what looked like separation where the visible focus weight technology thing is. Will this fall out? Anyone else have this? Should I be worried? lol.. photo:

p1010079w.th.jpg

Just untaped mine and everything looked fine. I'm not sure how the weights are actually attached to the blade. Perhaps its just clear resin and it cant really seperate? Im very curious to take this stick apart when it breaks...

I was also curious as to how they inset the weighted piece and then finished over it without displacing the blade internals.

Funny but before I saw the EQ50 for the first time today I just assumed that the thing on the blade was just a sticker showing what was inside. I love Eastons but when I saw the window I was torn. To me it was like putting a window on the side of a tire. Sure it's cool but why would you make cosmetic changes on the business end of the stick. I need someone to explain to me what the role of the graphite matrix on the blade is because from what I can see we are missing a big piece on the backside of the blade.

I still want it but now I'm just going to wait a little bit.

This could be a stupid thing to say. I'm wondering if you broke the stick where the weights are, if the weights would fly out of the stick and go everywhere. Because I heard replacement weights are something like 30$

This could be a stupid thing to say. I'm wondering if you broke the stick where the weights are, if the weights would fly out of the stick and go everywhere. Because I heard replacement weights are something like 30$

The weights are a one-piece insert. Everything you see on that "window" is the insert. And as far as I know, the only replaceable weights are in the butt end.

Let's say the weight insert in the blade does fall out. Could it be epoxied back in?

Would taping over the "window" help to protect it? A lot of guys shoot slappers around that area... or mis-hit one-timers there...